LA: "the knowledge/means to facilitate the answers"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If he'd said "those among us" instead of "those of us", it would have made a lot more sense. I think he's referring to anyone who knows anything, to please come forward and say something.

~*Jai Yen

freudian slip, I believe. he meant to say "those of you" or "those among us"

He meant to be talking to the "kidnapper" but again, the truth sneaked out.

From LA memorial speech
http://www.wftv.com/video/18682111/index.html

*snipped*

"....Finally, for those of us who have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves, I ask that you fill your heart with compassion and truth and I ask that you allow your conscience to speak for you when your mind cannot comprehend the right words to say."

What are your thoughts on the meaning of this?

What knowledge...what means...to facilitate what answers specifically?

I think he's talking about/to the "kidnapper/killer."

There is only one person with the knowledge and the answers and Lee knows who that person is. By saying "my family".... Lee's subconscious mind speaking? He may have already cut KC from his heart and no longer feels she is a part of his family. I sure picked up on a better sense of what I felt he was saying after listening to his speech several times. My heart breaks for him, he obviously loved his CMA very much.

I wish I believe what you said was true but I don't. This family is firmly entrenched in denial and they still believe someone else is responsible.

As I said on the other thread, he may have just been screwing with us...

I really have no idea what Lee meant, I know he loved Caylee.. but they all should have followed George's way of communicating. George was straight forward, he loved Caylee, and she loved and understood him. He was plain spoken and so believable. There is no way to "misconstrue" his meaning.
I think they better leave the public speaking to George.

I really have no idea what Lee meant, I know he loved Caylee.. but they all should have followed George's way of communicating. George was straight forward, he loved Caylee, and she loved and understood him. He was plain spoken and so believable. There is no way to "misconstrue" his meaning.
I think they better leave the public speaking to George.

they should all shut up.

Aren't prisoners allowed to make a phone call once a week or so to their family? I know that regular phone calls are not recorded like the videotaped visits are, and they do give them some privacy, or at least that's the way it is here.
As to what Lee meant, I think he is just saying that if someone out there has more knowledge to please come forward. I believe with all my heart that the entire family believes Casey did not do this. Maybe that's all they have to hold on to, and I cannot blame them for that. Someone should be on her side, I guess.

I think all calls are recorded. Remember the very first phone calls Casey made to CA when Casey was arrested the first time? When CA says "I don't know what your involvement is sweeethearttt"....

CA says during her speech.

Every night I would drive home from work and she would tell me about her day. Watching her eyes light up when her Jo Jo(referring to GA) came into the room, hearing her talk about her Uncle E and Aunt Mawry. IS this someone from CA side of the family?? Or maybe she was referring to LA and Mallory. But , the part about Caylee telling her about her day. Wonder what she told CA she done all day.

yes, it was Caylee's names for Lee and Mallory

Here's a transcript of what LA said today (I typed it and listened again to make sure it was correct):

(clears throat) I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has had any sort of role in making today a special today. Thank you!

If I could ask something from anybody that was willing to hear it, it would be this:

For those of us that are frightened or angry or mournful or that just don’t understand, I ask that you fill your heart with patience and grace. And that you allow yourself to yield any judgments that you may already have.

For those of us that will never be the same again (sigh), I ask that you fill your heart with hope and forgiveness; you allow yourself to cope and heal.

Finally, for those of us that have the knowledge and the means to facilitate the answers that my family deserves, I ask that you fill your heart with compassion and truth. And I ask that you allow your conscience to speak for you, when your mind can not comprehend the right words to say.

I sincerely hope that this day allows those affected by it, to take from it, whatever it is that you need to take. If it is closure you seek here today, I certainly hope you are able to find it.

Today is the day to remember, today is the day to pay tribute, today is the day for this family to unite and display their solidarity and strength.

I’ve gotta tell you, it is hard to stand up here and be the pillar of strength. This family is united, but this family is incomplete. I’m incomplete. I’m broken! CMA! (sigh) (kisses bracelet twice) (sigh) CMA! Each day you continue to teach me about life; about the way it should be lived. Each day you give me the ability to be strong or to be weak. It has been so long since I’ve been able to see you, to hug you, or to tell you how much you mean to me. CMA, I miss you, I love you. CMA, I am so proud of you! I hope you are proud of me too! (crying) (deep sigh) I need you to know that I will never forget the promise that I made to you. (sniffling) I will never forget!

Lee's going to implode. Lots of anger, is all I can see. I think we will see the toll this takes on him, more and more, from here on out.

I don't know what Lee was talking about or to whom and I am not even going to waste my time trying to figure it all out. In fact, I don't think Lee even knows what he is talking about. He probably should have just stayed home.

Snipped from Lee's speech...
"I sincerely hope that this day allows those affected by it, to take from it, whatever it is that you need to take. If it is closure you seek here today, I certainly hope you are able to find it.

This statement, above, bothers me.. The "Whatever"...and the "certainly hope you are able to find it. I find it very sarcastic...cold and condesending...

I saw so much ANGER in Lee! During the memorial, the way he sat, his expression and especially when he spoke. Anger, deep pain and denial. I just don't think that Lee can accept that his little sister could do such a horrible act!

CA says during her speech.

Every night I would drive home from work and she would tell me about her day.

snipped

If Caylee had the vocal abililty to tell CA about her day, then CA knew that her days were not spent with the Nanny. If she didn't yet have the vocal ability, then CA was lying. I think that CA should have left that little story out of her eulogy.

snipped

If Caylee had the vocal abililty to tell CA about her day, then CA knew that her days were not spent with the Nanny. If she didn't yet have the vocal ability, then CA was lying. I think that CA should have left that little story out of her eulogy.

ITA! Very telling indeed and certainly supports the theory that Caylee was discussing her days on a regular basis with CA. I am wondering what may have been discussed between these two on Father's Day.
I also agree that LA is sweating bullets. Perhaps his anger stems from the belief that baby sis is preparing to throw him under the bus.:waitasec:

I think you're right about the letters and laptop, he should have never been allowed to bring it into the jail. Lee and his cryptic messages are getting old as far as I'm concerned.

I totally agree with your last sentence whiteangora. If Lee has something to say,than just say it. If it's so secret,it needs to be said in a covert way,then relay what you need to say,to the person who needs to hear it. Let go of the foolish games.

"I sincerely hope that this day allows those affected by it, to take from it, whatever it is that you need to take. If it is closure you seek here today, I certainly hope you are able to find it.

This statement, above, bothers me.. The "Whatever"...and the "certainly hope you are able to find it. I find it very sarcastic...cold and condesending...

I saw so much ANGER in Lee! During the memorial, the way he sat, his expression and especially when he spoke. Anger, deep pain and denial. I just don't think that Lee can accept that his little sister could do such a horrible act!

ITA about the anger... that is what I saw in LA from start to finish. A volcano waiting to erupt, he is.

ITA about the anger... that is what I saw in LA from start to finish. A volcano waiting to erupt, he is.

the way he postered himself during the service I don't think he wanted to be there...I also think he would have gone with kc on the "private" ceremony...he really doesn't seem like a warm person in this instance. seems like most of his anger could revovle around the media frenzy that has surrounded this case....(along with the various rumors--which frankly--have to agree on them)---He really looked like he hated being there the whole time.....

Also--I really have tried and can't make any rhyme or reason out of what he spoke of...still think ga's was the best and the standing ovation of ca was just a sympathy one....to go along with ga's

ITA! I think you are exactly right.

In this statemen I think he was talking to all the people there he didn't know. and To the family members who don't believe kc tells the truth . He said with such attitude.
but came to the memorial for Caylee.

"......when your mind can not comprehend the right words to say."

This statement convinces me that he is speaking directly to Casey. Who else would he be saying this to? A kidnapper?? Makes no sense. He probably believes that Casey hasn't "fessed up" because she doesn't know what, or how, to say to her family that she was responsible for Caylee's demise. IMO

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Exactly!!! If it was some other killer then he isn't likely to appeal in this way, this is directed at someone who has trouble telling the truth, to tell them it is time to fess up. Now it might be more a belief that this was an accident, that LA NEEDS to believe it was an accident so ... tell me it was so. I think intent to kill is a whole other dimension LA cannot imagine and he wants that door closed. He is in agony and pain because he does NOT want to entertain that KC intended to kill.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back