LA - Two killed, 9 injured in Lafayette movie theater shooting, 23 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
wdsuVerified account
‏@wdsu
Authorities said they will "blow up" shooter's vehicle as a precaution.

[video=twitter;624436921670963201]https://twitter.com/wdsu/status/624436921670963201[/video]

Per LA Police Chief on CNN: They believe that the shooter was at the theater by himself.

That's really scary, if the domestic dispute thing is true. Where is his wife? Where are his children, if any?

I hope this isn't worse than it already is.

Intially I sensed domestic, but then reports from folks in theatre stated he was just randomly shooting which makes me wonder if James Holmes trial might have something with this just a notion

He says police have not yet recovered any weapon from the scene

Colonel Mike Edmonson of Louisiana state police also says there is a backpack and “several items” in the theater itself

We heard a loud pop we thought was a firecracker.

Domingue said she saw “an older white man” standing up and shooting down into the theater, but not in her direction:

He wasn’t saying anything. I didn’t hear anybody screaming either.

Domingue told the newspaper she heard about six shots before she and her fiancé ran to the nearest exit, leaving behind her shoes and purse.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2015/jul/24/louisiana-movie-theatre-shooting-latest-updates

Intially I sensed domestic, but then reports from folks in theatre stated he was just randomly shooting which makes me wonder if James Holmes trial might have something with this just a notion

I just hope he didn't do anything at the home, and then go to the movie theater.

As we've seen too many times before, anything is possible.

I wonder if ammo-firearms can alert bomb sniffing dogs?

Per LA Police Chief on CNN: They believe that the shooter was at the theater by himself.

That's really scary, if the domestic dispute thing is true. Where is his wife? Where are his children, if any?

I hope this isn't worse than it already is.

Oh it just hit me what you are saying , not a good feeling huh?

and, that IMO explains why he went back in theatre a killed himself - fleeing LE

I know nothing about the film - but it hit me as odd that a romantic comedy , would have gunshots in it (IE the theme that some thought the shots were apart of the film!?

There were no gun shots in the movie. There weren't even any scenes that would make you expect gunshots.

Holmes specifically chose Batman, right? I can't think of any reason someone would choose specifically choose this movie. I can't think of why someone would go into a theatre to shoot people at all, tbh.

anyone heard anything about make model of car ---just curious as to possibly some insight into financial sitution ?

There were no gun shots in the movie. There weren't even any scenes that would make you expect gunshots.

Holmes specifically chose Batman, right? I can't think of any reason someone would choose specifically choose this movie. I can't think of why someone would go into a theatre to shoot people at all, tbh.

I agree thats why earlier lots of folks said the thought it was part of the movie -- made no sense to me !

If I were wathcing "the Killers" maybe

but this one

apparently he was just sitting there, and then just stood up, and started firing
??

He says police have not yet recovered any weapon from the scene

Colonel Mike Edmonson of Louisiana state police also says there is a backpack and “several items” in the theater itself

We heard a loud pop we thought was a firecracker.

Domingue said she saw “an older white man” standing up and shooting down into the theater, but not in her direction:

He wasn’t saying anything. I didn’t hear anybody screaming either.

Domingue told the newspaper she heard about six shots before she and her fiancé ran to the nearest exit, leaving behind her shoes and purse.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2015/jul/24/louisiana-movie-theatre-shooting-latest-updates

Its always interesting to me that a lot of people always say they hear a loud "pop". Guns are typically very LOUD and I would never describe the sound as a pop. It would be more of a loud BANG noise.

I have never been able to understand why people describe it as a loud "Pop". Maybe they are further away or something or maybe it is a regional thing maybe. The sounds of guns going off at the gun range is usually so loud I just never would use the word "pop" but we hear time and time again where people do use that word. Ive always found that interesting.

3 dead in Lafayette movie theater shooting, including gunman
Shooter was 58-year-old man, officials say
UPDATED 12:12 AM CDT Jul 24, 2015

Ten people all together were shot and nine were taken to the hospital, officials said.

The gunman and one other person were pronounced dead on arrival. Emergency workers said they got the call to go to the theater about 7:30 p.m.

Authorities said a third person died about 10 p.m.

The gunfire broke out at the Grand 16 Theater, which is located on Johnston Street, to the south of downtown Lafayette.

The shooting happened during a 7 p.m. showing of the movie "Trainwreck," officials said. The shooting was contained to a single theater.

The weapon used in the shooting was a handgun, authorities said.

[video=twitter;624451405705641985]https://twitter.com/CunninghamWDSU/status/624451405705641985[/video]

I have no issue with them not releasing the suspect name thus far. In mass shootings I almost wish the names were never released. These people sometimes view themselves as anti heros, as martyrs. They go down in infamy and tons of unstable creeps actually idolize them. The killers get their names and faces aired 1000x as often as the victims of their heinous crimes. It's disgusting really.

Also, I worry for their families. A spouse, a child, a parent, a cousin. How do you cope with a loved one doing something so awful? How do you go on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its always interesting to me that a lot of people always say they hear a loud "pop". Guns are typically very LOUD and I would never describe the sound as a pop. It would be more of a loud BANG noise.

I have never been able to understand why people describe it as a loud "Pop". Maybe they are further away or something or maybe it is a regional thing maybe. The sounds of guns going off at the gun range is usually so loud I just never would use the word "pop" but we hear time and time again where people do use that word. Ive always found that interesting.

Maybe you hear popping in a more urban setting, where there are buildings the sound bounces off of. I've heard gunshots in Los Angeles that were probably no more than two blocks away and it did sound like a popping noise.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnysmilescb
Back