Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article:

Investigators also recorded a conversation June 26 among the cooperating landscaper, Terri Horman and an undercover law enforcement officer, but Horman shut down the conversation fairly quickly, sources said.

I wonder how much LE got...they must have gotten something, but not enough to make an arrest the next day?

They obviously got enough to get Kaine and his daughter out that very day!

I also wonder about the gap of time between the first 13-minute 911 call and Kaine actually leaving several hours later.

I'm wondering if LE recorded the conversation in the in-between time and that's what precipitated Kaine and his daughter leaving late at night?

It also makes sense as to why the judge would seal the restraining order if it could affect the investigation because the undercover conversation was cited as good reason to order the RO.

BBM Hang on, what?? I dunno..... maybe he just thought she was full of it.
That's certainly possible. If someone offered me money to commit a murder, however, my conscience wouldn't allow me to simply pass it off as a joke. I would be compelled by the slim chance that she were serious to report it to LE. (Like I said earlier, suppose she had solicited someone else for the job who did accept her offer. Kaine would be dead.) That is what any rational person would do. Which leaves me wondering why the landscaper did not. Many landscapers, gardeners and housekeepers are immigrants, some illegal. They often let crimes go unreported for fear of being found out. Happens all of the time. That is in no way a political statement, just the truth.

I asked why would she try to have him killed. A got some great answers. But one missed is trapped. I don't know what goes on in that home, why her son left. But I think that if Terri went for a divorce she wouldn't get full custody of her daughter. Not that that is any reason to kill.

This changes everything for me. Before I thought (as did most people) that Kyron was who she was ultimately after. Now, I am lead to believe (obviously) that it is Kain. So the question is, how did Kyron get mixed up in all of this?

I think when she realised she couldn't kill Kaine on her own (and get away with it), and couldn't get someone else to do it...that she decided to hurt him by taking away his son.

Kind of a like a 'you took my son away, now I'm taking your son away' kind of thing.

Anyway ... diabolical. They need to arrest her today, she's obviously a danger to society, I can't imagine them not doing it after this!

Interesting ...

If this is true ...

Does this line up with when her older son was sent to live with his father?

Could hiding Kyron be retribution for sending her son away?

ETA: Jinx, Mrs. G. Great minds think alike.

This could be a motive. Maybe she was so angry with KH for making her son leave (if KH did insist he leave) that she wanted KH to suffer, too, by taking his son away from him.

What a cold, hard woman.

Why would you hire a landscaper in the winter? She must have known him prior to 6-7 months ago.
Why would she want her husband dead?
Strange about that article about her lawn now!

Maybe she was having an affair with him? Maybe the idea was to kill Kaine and live in the house with the gardener?

This case is actually making the Cummings and Anthonys look somewhat normal.

JMO

This is probably a dumb question, but does a grand jury have to indict someone before they are arrested? And if that answer is yes, how long does that process take? Just wondering if that is why no one has been arrested....

I think the grand jury decides whether there's enough evidence to go to trial before a jury. They can arrest someone without a grand jury for sure...once they have a warrant.

A single judge signs off on a warrant. I really want to know why a warrant wasn't issued last Saturday...the day of the undercover LE phone call (or possible in-person wired recording) with the gardner?

Maybe she is being watched, bugged, etc. and Kaine and their daughter are safe and they are hoping she leads them to evidence?

The article also states

This woman may be nuts. Why get rid of Kyron? It just doesn't make sense unless she wanted Kaine gone and couldn't do it herself but decided she could do something to Kyron and hurt Kaine. IDK. Maybe she is just pyscho?

There is definitely something wrong with her.

I asked why would she try to have him killed. A got some great answers. But one missed is trapped. I don't know what goes on in that home, why her son left. But I think that if Terri went for a divorce she wouldn't get full custody of her daughter. Not that that is any reason to kill.

Follow the $$$. I think insurance would be a motive also.

It might explain why she took two polygraphs. Lawn man comes forward after her first one.

It says in the article that investigators sought him out.

After Kyron disappeared June 4, investigators with the county's Major Crimes Team tracked down the landscaper in the course of trying to interview everyone who had contact with the boy's family. They also found it odd that Terri Horman had hired a landscaper without her husband's knowledge.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/landscaper_tells_police_terri.html

I wonder if they asked her about him in the LDT?
Also, do you think they will unseal the RO now that this has come out?

Question: Why didn't the landscaper come forward to the cops 6 to 7 months ago telling them that about this murder for hire scheme? It could've saved Kyron's life.

I bet he's thinking the same thing and has to live with that guilt. Maybe he thought she would get over her anger at KH. He probably couldn't believe that she was asking him to do such a thing. Maybe he's married and TH had sex with him to help seal the deal. All speculation, of course.

He obviously couldn't and wouldn't do it and now has to live with the fact that if he'd come forward sooner, Kyron might still be around.

I think when she realised she couldn't kill Kaine on her own (and get away with it), and couldn't get someone else to do it...that she decided to hurt him by taking away his son.

Kind of a like a 'you took my son away, now I'm taking your son away' kind of thing.

Anyway ... diabolical. They need to arrest her today, she's obviously a danger to society, I can't imagine them not doing it after this!

BBM

Yes, but maybe LE was hoping she would lead them to Kyron or to others who might be involved. Sad to say, an arrest will put an end to that.

Hmm, I wonder if she met Lawn Man at the gym?

From the article:

I wonder how much LE got...they must have gotten something, but not enough to make an arrest the next day?

They obviously got enough to get Kaine and his daughter out that very day!

I also wonder about the gap of time between the first 13-minute 911 call and Kaine actually leaving several hours later.
I'm wondering if LE recorded the conversation in the in-between time and that's what precipitated Kaine and his daughter leaving late at night?

It also makes sense as to why the judge would seal the restraining order if it could affect the investigation because the undercover conversation was cited as good reason to order the RO.

Last weekend, at 5:17 p.m. June 26, Terri Horman placed a 9-1-1 call, classified as a "threats" call, to Multnomah County dispatchers, and a sheriff's deputy responded. By 11:39 p.m., when her husband and her 19-month-old daughter hadn't returned home, Terri Horman placed another 9-1-1 call, one classified by dispatchers as a "custody" matter. Kaine Horman wasn't at the home when either call was placed, sources said. The sheriff's office has declined to allow the release of the 9-1-1 tapes.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/landscaper_tells_police_terri.html

This could be a motive. Maybe she was so angry with KH for making her son leave (if KH did insist he leave) that she wanted KH to suffer, too, by taking his son away from him.

What a cold, hard woman.

The thing is Terri had divorced two husbands. If she didnt want her son to be sent away she could have moved out with her son and divorced Kaine too. Because her son went away ( and theres nothing to say Kaine even sent him away) that seriously isnt a reason to hire someone to kill him.

People have been commenting on her change of appearance lately, from how she looked before this all happened. I would be inclined to think if she was having an affair she would look better.
Isn't that one of the signs they say of having an affair, taking better care of one's self , etc....
I have other ideas what could make a woman want to kill a man though.

Guess we now know she didn't really think Kaine was... ALL that.... plus a bag of chips.

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe he just didn't want to get involved. It also didn't say her turned her down. Maybe he went along with her a while? They tried to get him to talk to her on the phone but she wasn't having any part of it and shut it down quickly. She's no dummy, figuring he isn't just calling her out of the blue to chat. I wonder if there are any emails or other proof of the conversations?

Yes, she knows the hounds are on her trail and I'm sure she tried to shut it down and fast! I hope there is hard evidence regarding it. Her goose is cooked. This latest revelation just may be the nail in her coffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9