Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were not let back in....they stood with the group to view the pool feed from the one camera crew allowed to film the family statement read by DY. All crews were outside the building at that time. Whether they were allowed to or just joined the group on their own has not been confirmed other than the assumed thought of the WW reporter.

Excuse me, perhaps I am just not understanding everything correctly..

The reporter at the scene said The Oregonian had somehow gotten back on the family’s good side and was among those waiting outside to hear the prepared statement

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/...the-oregonian/

I do realize the Oregonian was asked to leave, however I also understood they were allowed to stay and hear the prepared statement...
BTW.. I'm only human. I am entitled to make mistakes.. I just stated what I thought was correct.. They were told to leave, but somehow managed to get back on the family's good side and was allowed to stay and hear the prepared statment...JMO

As a potential member of the jury (as a Multnomah county resident) I could easily see a mental defense. It is obvious that she has suffered some kind of mental decline in the past 7 or 8 months as evidenced just by her photos of then and now. Couple that with a recent birth and her irrational behavior I can see that being a mitigating circumstance.

She and her lawyer may try a mh defense, but I don't think it will get her very far, DairyGirl, only because people from all over the world are outraged about what she possibly may have done to an innocent little boy. If I were on the jury, and I won't be because I'm up in WA, it would be difficult for me to conjure up any kind of sympathy for her.

They wouldn't even let me on the jury because I'd point at her in the selection process and say, "She's guilty." Nope. I wouldn't be a good unbiased juror on that case.

The will be hard-pressed to find jurors who haven't heard of this crime. Wonder how many chosen will really be unbiased?

I'm anxious to hear what her side of the story is and how her lawyer will potray it. He's pretty high-dollar and well-known. I imagine he's doing this pro bono for the press he's getting.

Front page, Sunday edition July 4! That's going to sell some papers.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Also.

Oregonian and WW both seem to have been on to this last week. Oregonian and WW are 86'd from the family press conference. Is it possible that they were contacting family and friends with questions about the landscaper, especially after the story broke about the divorce and RO? When it came out about Kaine's "ground rules" and these two being kicked out of the press conference, someone wondered if they'd published any information too close to the truth. It would appear that they were preparing to do just that.

I know that Oregonian was allowed back into the fold. I wonder if this article here was part of the deal. They showed Kaine what they'd dug up so far on this angle and told him they'd publish this information either with or without his support. Maybe Kaine was their source for much of what we're reading here.
I don't know if KH was their source, but based on The O's July 2nd report of the press meeting, particularly this statement:
There were a lot of questions asked about Terri Horman or situations surrounding her. Based on where the investigation is at this point we are unable to comment on those questions.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_hormans_family_plans_reg.html

...and the fact that they published an interview with Staton the same day:
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_investigation_tra.html

I'd say it's quite possible that a compromise was reached. MOO...MOO

just coming in here guys...am totally blown away to read this....now to catch up on the rest of the thread....holy cr*p!

That's it? That's all she has to say? No comment?? Again - what a cryptic and evasive response from The Kaine Camp.

I don't agree with the above. I respect attorneys more for saying "no comment" than I do those who comment. There is rarely a good reason for an attorney to publicly comment on a case, IMO. Usually, from what I can tell, the reasons for so doing are to try the case in the media and/or self-promotion.

Not that I refuse to pay attention to those comments -- I've got a wide streak of curiosity.

I agree that the most logical scenario is probably...

Terri is having an affair (not with the lawn guy) and she wants the insurance money to start a new life.

A couple things have stood out to me but I haven't brought them up...

Kaine makes a good bit of money at Intel but his last house was not in the greatest neighborhood. This new house they live(d) in now still seems less than what they could afford on his salary. I think Kaine had money troubles somehow and he was worth more to Terri dead than alive.

I've looked at the Sauvie Island satellite photos and if Terri put Kyron's body in the water I have a hard time finding a spot in the middle of the day where she could have done it unless she waded out into the water and got all wet and muddy (which is a possibility). This, along with what may be a compressed timeframe for her getting rid of Kyron, has made me wonder if she had somebody helping her or who she handed off his body to for disposal. That would be her lover.

The first part about Kaine's money I feel more confidently about than the second part about having help but I think it's a possibility.

I don't agree with the above. I respect attorneys more for saying "no comment" than I do those who comment. There is rarely a good reason for an attorney to publicly comment on a case, IMO. Usually, from what I can tell, the reasons for so doing are to try the case in the media and/or self-promotion.

Not that I refuse to pay attention to those comments -- I've got a wide streak of curiosity.

I agree. I would fire any attorney of mine who told my business to the press. I would love to hear it though!:innocent:

Holy biscuits!!! This one caught me by surprise!

I'm anxious to hear what her side of the story is and how her lawyer will potray it. He's pretty high-dollar and well-known. I imagine he's doing this pro bono for the press he's getting.

Maybe she used the money she was going to pay the landscaper.

This begs the question of where she got that kind of money. Maybe she was going to pay the landscaper after she received the insurance money. Or maybe she offered him too low a price, and her attorney is pro bono.

Tell you one thing, if I were a criminal defense attorney and in a position to take cases without payment, I'd take this one. It's interesting.

BBM. The landscaper did not go to LE apparently. According to the article, LE tracked him down.

"After Kyron disappeared June 4, investigators with the county's Major Crimes Team tracked down the landscaper in the course of trying to interview everyone who had contact with the boy's family. "

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/landscaper_tells_police_terri.html

It sounds like he never did any work on the property (since K had no knowledge) so they found him from phone records?..I wonder how many xs there was "contact"..My guess is many xs..I wonder where they met? He has to be a 'shady character' (illegal?-criminal record?) or Terri wouldn't have asked him to commit murder..It would also explain why he didn't contact LE.

If he wouldn't off Kaine I can't see him doing anything involving a kid..I think maybe Terri found someone else re: Kyron or she did it herself..Whatever that 'else' is & for herself it would be much easier then doing anything to Kaine.

My guess is this is ALL about the baby daughter..She knows if there's a divorce Kaine would gain full custody of her..I believe she is def unstable & there's plenty more ammo for Kaine to use against her we don't know about yet.

Excuse me, perhaps I am just not understanding everything correctly..

The reporter at the scene said The Oregonian had somehow gotten back on the family’s good side and was among those waiting outside to hear the prepared statement

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/...the-oregonian/

I do realize the Oregonian was asked to leave, however I also understood they were allowed to stay and hear the prepared statement...
BTW.. I'm only human. I am entitled to make mistakes.. I just stated what I thought was correct.. They were told to leave, but somehow managed to get back on the family's good side and was allowed to stay and hear the prepared statment...JMO

I was not disagreeing with you...just that none of them were technically back IN the building when the statement was read. They were all outside of the building. We are also only hearing what the WW reporter THOUGHT had happened. Even the Oregonian themselves made only a one sentence reference to the events, so I am taking the WW report for what it was....just their own opinion of the events. Irregardless, it seems that the Oregonian is choosing to play by their own rules and not so much on the "team".

jmo

Respectfully snipped by me.....

Could be all 3....given the level of crazy this latest tidbit demonstrates. It points to a mental health issue of some sort in my mind.
There is some form of personality disorder operating here....

which could have come as a result of a history of abuse.

We know KH's brother claims that to be true in their family.

This is such a mess. I know we try to K.I.S.S., but that just doesn't seem to fit in this tangled web.

Poor poor Kyron. :(

CoCo, The more info that is coming out, the more I am evaluating the whole thing. Our theories could take several directions when hearing the various information. There has to be more behind this story, leading up to what has happened here.

It seems like the more K. controls things that are so minut and insignificant, the more he seems hinky in this mystery.

The whole turn of events with the quick divorce made me see things some what different.

What iF K. was home from work that day due to an all night argument about wanting a divorce, etc..?
What if K. had been verbally, mentally or physically abusive and very controlling to the boys and T..for sometime??

We've read what his brother has said about abuse as a child.

IF children are raised around/with
abuse, some grow up to repeat the abuse on those close to them...imo

I'm thinking out of the box here but:
Is it possible T. sent K. away like she did her own son, to save him and not to hurt him, in her mind??

;)
I am willing to bet it is the first time TH is hearing of this. I still believe LE is releasing info to elicit a response from TH

This has been my opinion since week 2!:angel:

Thank You for posting your thoughts !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members