Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a shrink would say that would take two different types of mentalities? Or it really and truly would be a first? If she wanted Kaine gone for monetary reasons, as many here believe, why "lose" Kyron? There's no money in that, especially if his body is not found. Unless people really believe she proposed to have Kaine killed because he hurt her feelings-I guess harming Kyron would certainly do that. But I would think she would want Kaine to know it was her, i.e. if she had him killed, as in "this is from Terri, bang, bang.

Based on what we know from the MSM articles...the solicitation of the gardener happened before her own child was exiled from his own house, after butting heads with Kaine. Perhaps she reevaluated her criminal priorities in the light of that development!

Has anyone ever heard of a case where a person who wants their spouse killed switchs gears and goes after a child?

I think a shrink would say that would take two different types of mentalities? Or it really and truly would be a first? If she wanted Kaine gone for monetary reasons, as many here believe, why "lose" Kyron? There's no money in that, especially if his body is not found. Unless people really believe she proposed to have Kaine killed because he hurt her feelings-I guess harming Kyron would certainly do that. But I would think she would want Kaine to know it was her, i.e. if she had him killed, as in "this is from Terri, bang, bang."

ITA...I said yesterday on another thread that it takes a different mindset to kill a spouse or to kill a child. I just don't see this piece of information as being indicative that she killed Kyron. I just don't see the thread that would link the two. (I see how it makes her out to be violent, etc....but not that she is they "type" that is a child-killer.)

Lol I dread to think what reason she gave for the divorce from the second husband.
That part of her declaration in the first divorce points to a woman who has some trouble with truth and reality, it appears.

Has anyone heard of someone being cured of HIV?

Then again... oh forget it!

As usual, my opinions.

ITA...I said yesterday on another thread that it takes a different mindset to kill a spouse or to kill a child. I just don't see this piece of information as being indicative that she killed Kyron. I just don't see the thread that would link the two. (I see how it makes her out to be violent, etc....but not that she is they "type" that is a child-killer.)

But...if she outsourced the abduction of her child...i suspect in the warped mind of a criminal that would not count as being a "child-killer."

IMO the type of person that is capable of hiring a hitman for one murder is not that far from hiring a hitman to deal with a second victim especially another non blood relative.

I have two questions. Firstly do they have the death penalty in Oregon? And secondly putting it nicely if you was found to be insane could you still be sentenced to death or not?

Of course, one of the simpler explanations would be this: that TH needs to be in the middle of some drama. I keep thinking that, to a disturbed mind (and big CSI fan), perhaps she got some thrill out of creating "crimes" and contemplating criminal activity. Kind of odd...but just throwing things out there....

Given the son butted heads with Kaine; quickly got the heck away from his Roseberg grandparents... I suspect that the characteristics that are now coming to light about ex #1 were part of a package of personality traits that endeared him to a teenage boy of 16. Very hands off supervision! JMO

If the claims were true and if he hasn't changed his ways since then. It's been a while since Terri's first divorce.

Based on what we know from the MSM articles...the solicitation of the gardener happened before her own child was exiled from his own house, after butting heads with Kaine. Perhaps she reevaluated her criminal priorities in the light of that development!

So because her son was POSSIBLY sent away she decided to hire someone to kill her husband and failing that possibly his son??

Seriously every day people send there kids to live with other members of there family or whatever reason. Even if Kaine did say the boy had to move away...Terris actions ( if she did do it) ...are just out of this world.

moo

Of course, one of the simpler explanations would be this: that TH needs to be in the middle of some drama. I keep thinking that, to a disturbed mind (and big CSI fan), perhaps she got some thrill out of creating "crimes" and contemplating criminal activity. Kind of odd...but just throwing things out there....

Just because she's a Drama Queen doesn't mean she's not capable of criminal activity!

Has anyone ever heard of a case where a person who wants their spouse killed switchs gears and goes after a child?

I think a shrink would say that would take two different types of mentalities? Or it really and truly would be a first? If she wanted Kaine gone for monetary reasons, as many here believe, why "lose" Kyron? There's no money in that, especially if his body is not found. Unless people really believe she proposed to have Kaine killed because he hurt her feelings-I guess harming Kyron would certainly do that. But I would think she would want Kaine to know it was her, i.e. if she had him killed, as in "this is from Terri, bang, bang."
In reading about Psychopaths (I know, not the best reading) one of the characteristics that those who study these types of personalities have discovered, is that, where "regular" criminals usually commit the same types of crimes, the psychopath engages in crimes and behaviors that differ from each other, that are all over the map, so to speak.

If you google Dr. Robert Hare and/or psychopath there is much there that, unfortunately, kinda looks like Terri.

Scary.

Just my opinion and what do I know?

sbm

Well, going with the who *doesn't* benefit from this approach:

LE doesn't, assuming that they've been truthful all along about they type of info in the RO and if they're still investigating lawn dude.

Similarly, it wouldn't benefit Kaine, DY or TY or anyone in their circles if it could jeopardize finding Kyron.

It wouldn't benefit TH or anyone in her circle to have it known publicly that she's being investigated for another felony.

So, the only person who could benefit would be someone with no vested interest in whether Kyron is found and who knew what was in the RO. One such person could be the landscaper. Maybe he got paid for talking on the condition of anonymity.

Another might be her first ex. He's been talking to the media and according to him and the Today clip I linked above, she's made his life miserable in the past. Maybe he'd like to see her taken down and get custody of the older son. He may or may not know what's in the RO though. TH certainly does, but I don't think it's particularly likely that she or her parents would tell it to the ex(?) The older son isn't around the TH house anymore, so he couldn't have learned about it first hand. And I don't think TH would tell him about it in a phone call, especially since she already got on him for talking to his dad about the poly.

So...that's all I got

Hi Wondering1,

At the end of your post you mention that Terri was upset with her son for talking to his dad about the poly.

Could you point me in that direction, 'cause I missed that!

Thanks in advance.

So because her son was POSSIBLY sent away she decided to hire someone to kill her husband and failing that possibly his son?
?

There is little uncertainty about her son being sent away...or did I miss something?

Having obviously failed to take Kaine out of the picture, its hardly a stretch to suspect she went after the apple of his eye...jmo. Whether she outsourced the job; did it herself, or turned a blind eye to someone else's misguided plan who knows. Of course she's not a person of interest and could therefore not have been involved at all.

IMO thats not unusual for a 16 yr old and a step parent.

Ah, heck. I've got a few 16 year olds and I've looked up the cost of military schools that board kids. FWIW, it was $35,000 a year, so to afford it, I'd have to be a white collar polygamist. (Not that I'd send my sons away, but the daydream was good while it lasted.)

If their Dad and I weren't married, I am sure my kids would have wanted to go live with their Dad many times. It's an attractive proposition not to have Mom making you do stuff you don't want to do.

I guess I'm confused as to how, over the course of 6 or 7 months, she failed at getting Kaine killed. I mean, I'm no expert at contracting a hit, but if you're willing to pay enough, I'd think you could find someone willing to do it. Plus, there are other ways of making a death look like an "accident." Basically, we're saying that she wasn't willing to do whatever it took to get rid of Kaine, but she was willing to kill Kyron? I just don't get it.

I guess I'm confused as to how, over the course of 6 or 7 months, she failed at getting Kaine killed. I mean, I'm no expert at contracting a hit, but if you're willing to pay enough, I'd think you could find someone willing to do it. Plus, there are other ways of making a death look like an "accident." Basically, we're saying that she wasn't willing to do whatever it took to get rid of Kaine, but she was willing to kill Kyron? I just don't get it.

Respectfully, I suspect the reason you're having a hard time with this is because you are a logical person and are trying to project rational thinking onto to TH.

IMO most of her actions recently have been driven by emotion (loathing) that does not lend itself to rational analysis.

Ah, heck. I've got a few 16 year olds and I've looked up the cost of military schools that board kids. FWIW, it was $35,000 a year, so to afford it, I'd have to be a white collar polygamist. (Not that I'd send my sons away, but the daydream was good while it lasted.)

If their Dad and I weren't married, I am sure my kids would have wanted to go live with their Dad many times. It's an attractive proposition not to have Mom making you do stuff you don't want to do.

O/T We have two excellent boarding schools in my city...One is a co-educational school, the other is an all boys school.. They are both almost $40,00 a year.

Respectfully, I suspect the reason you're having a hard time with this is because you are a logical person and are trying to project rational thinking onto to TH.

IMO most of her actions recently have been driven by emotion (loathing) that does not lend itself to rational analysis.

bbm.

I'll take that as a compliment, lol.

In all seriousness, though -- you're right. I think that's where all these cases get to me. The senselessness of killing at all, but especially a child, is beyond my comprehension. I guess in some ways I'm glad I don't understand it.

Hi Wondering1,

At the end of your post you mention that Terri was upset with her son for talking to his dad about the poly.

Could you point me in that direction, 'cause I missed that!

Thanks in advance.

The tarver guy said in his interview that he spoke to J on the phone and J said about the polygraph and he ( tarver) said that Terri yelled at J whilst he was on the phone with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran