Latest Caylee Anthony Prayer Vigil Information

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Huh? Prayer is bringing down the neighborhood but people screaming baby killer, bringing stupid childish signs and bringing their kids and getting them involved in screaming and cussing is good?

No, both are public spectacles, in this instance.

No, both are public spectacles, in this instance.

If the public didn't want it and were not enjoying it the media wouldnt be there and the Anthony's could hold their prayer vigils where ever they choose to. The media and the public who want to see everything these people do are making it a spectacle.

Some people think or pray that Caylee is alive. I think they are cruel. Not just to the little girl, but to the Anthonys who know better anyway.

As cruel as KC. Just the way she wants it: sad momy, no end in sight, maybe i can play with the child lost routine get attention, or oh well pole dance again.

I wish Cindy would stop it for herself and us.
It's cruel to pray for a child to be alive??? :waitasec: How on earth do you know what the Anthony's know?

If the public didn't want it and were not enjoying it the media wouldnt be there and the Anthony's could hold their prayer vigils where ever they choose to. The media and the public who want to see everything these people do are making it a spectacle.

You're exactly right. I find it odd that the Anthony's want to mix religion with marketing, but who am I to judge?

You're exactly right. I find it odd that the Anthony's want to mix religion with marketing, but who am I to judge?
LOL. In some people's view if you think differently than they do you are being judgmental...which they will tell you as they judge you. :waitasec:
I also want to address the statement I see over and over again about how none of us know how we would act in this situation. That is just not true. While none of us can foresee the future you cannot ignore the fact that it has been proven time and time again that best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. I have never protected, made excuses for and ignored stealing, lying and other anti-social behaviors in my child. What we are presently seeing in this family has happened before on several occasions. Consider what numerous others have said about how the family reacted to Casey's pregnancy. What we are seeing now is the same play, with the same actors but on a different stage with a larger audience...and unfortunately, very likely a much more tragic ending. It is not like this is anything new. So while the family has every right to pray in their driveway ,we also have the right to be disgusted by their behavior which includes attempts to harm others to protect the one person who has done nothing but deceive and protect herself. They can continue with the same kind of behavior that enabled Casey to hurt others again and again...and then expect others to play along or be labeled "haters." Don't we all reap what we sow in most situations? I think defending this family is a hard slap in the face to all the families of missing and abused children who fight their hearts out and spend their last nickel to bring their babies home. They are the true victims.

LOL. In some people's view if you think differently than they do you are being judgmental...which they will tell you as they judge you. :waitasec:
I also want to address the statement I see over and over again about how none of us know how we would act in this situation. That is just not true. While none of us can foresee the future you cannot ignore the fact that it has been proven time and time again that best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. I have never protected, made excuses for and ignored stealing, lying and other anti-social behaviors in my child. What we are presently seeing in this family has happened before on several occasions. Consider what numerous others have said about how the family reacted to Casey's pregnancy. What we are seeing now is the same play, with the same actors but on a different stage with a larger audience...and unfortunately, very likely a much more tragic ending. It is not like this is anything new. So while the family has every right to pray in their driveway ,we also have the right to be disgusted by their behavior which includes attempts to harm others to protect the one person who has done nothing but deceive and protect herself. They can continue with the same kind of behavior that enabled Casey to hurt others again and again...and then expect others to play along or be labeled "haters." Don't we all reap what we sow in most situations? I think defending this family is a hard slap in the face to all the families of missing and abused children who fight their hearts out and spend their last nickel to bring their babies home. They are the true victims.
This was so well written, softsoul. I totally agree with everything you said.

Chilly I think I love you!! ITA with your post -- something that tends to be the case most of the time :blowkiss: I've intentionally not been logging in much the last few days due to the emotional overload and bitterness that's become more than a bit too common. But when I started reading this thread I was literally blown away...

I simply can't believe G and C would be vilified, degraded, condemned or otherwise thrown under the bus for holding a quiet prayer vigil in their driveway with a small group of friends and neighbors (and it was pointed out that neighbors attended which seems to indicate they weren't upset about the vigil and that it didn't disrupt the neighborhood).

How sad is it that only certain people are allowed to pray without getting slammed for it? - Something that, ironically, seems to exclude those who may need prayer the most and/or those who are going thru the most difficult times of their lives.

Reading parts of the article in the OS made me sick to my stomach. The last section says: 'At the vigil, the Anthony family said they would not give up until Caylee is safely home, calling for prayer to help keep them strong. Across the street, a protester yelled, We pray for the death penalty.'

Those who believe it's their 'right' and/or 'duty' to pass judgement on others need to take a closer look at themselves and their own lives because they have much to learn. And the same goes for those who seem to believe that their glowing superiority gives them the right to stand across the street screaming derogatory and hateful bile at complete strangers.

So yes, Chilly, I'm with you - if it was my granddaughter that was missing I'd have it right in my own driveway too. And No one would stop me!!!

Also FWIW the HOA did not tell the A's they couldn't have the vigil last week -- they suggested it not be held due to the confrontations.

I wouldn't slam them for praying... I do find it disrespectful of them to pray when they know damn well their daughter has killed their GD. I feel as they are praying for appearance sake ONLY. Of course this is my opinion only. And I would never bash anyone for their belief in God......Oh and one more thing....I don't pray for the death penalty. That is way too good/easy for the killer. I pray for something long and torturous.

Some people think or pray that Caylee is alive. I think they are cruel. Not just to the little girl, but to the Anthonys who know better anyway.

As cruel as KC. Just the way she wants it: sad momy, no end in sight, maybe i can play with the child lost routine get attention, or oh well pole dance again.

I wish Cindy would stop it for herself and us.

I completely agree, Mrs. Peel.

JMO

Originally Posted by maconrich
Chilly I think I love you!! ITA with your post -- something that tends to be the case most of the time I've intentionally not been logging in much the last few days due to the emotional overload and bitterness that's become more than a bit too common. But when I started reading this thread I was literally blown away...

I simply can't believe G and C would be vilified, degraded, condemned or otherwise thrown under the bus for holding a quiet prayer vigil in their driveway with a small group of friends and neighbors (and it was pointed out that neighbors attended which seems to indicate they weren't upset about the vigil and that it didn't disrupt the neighborhood).

How sad is it that only certain people are allowed to pray without getting slammed for it? - Something that, ironically, seems to exclude those who may need prayer the most and/or those who are going thru the most difficult times of their lives.

Reading parts of the article in the OS made me sick to my stomach. The last section says: 'At the vigil, the Anthony family said they would not give up until Caylee is safely home, calling for prayer to help keep them strong. Across the street, a protester yelled, We pray for the death penalty.'

Those who believe it's their 'right' and/or 'duty' to pass judgement on others need to take a closer look at themselves and their own lives because they have much to learn. And the same goes for those who seem to believe that their glowing superiority gives them the right to stand across the street screaming derogatory and hateful bile at complete strangers.

So yes, Chilly, I'm with you - if it was my granddaughter that was missing I'd have it right in my own driveway too. And No one would stop me!!!

Also FWIW the HOA did not tell the A's they couldn't have the vigil last week -- they suggested it not be held due to the confrontations.

Posted by SUR
Good post! IMO it is unreal that there are so many "Gods" that feel they can judge these people for praying on their own property with people that choose to be there. I am thankful they have these people who pray with them at the worst tiem of their lives.

I don't believe anyone would argue about the grandparents and their neighbors praying in private which, I believe, the Bible encourages. I think the Anthonys want to make a "show", like so much else in their life, by have a PUBLIC display. In my opinion this is a "sham" and disrespectful of Caylee.

The true victim is this case is Caylee Marie Anthony.

Perhaps some people remember her.

The true victim is this case is Caylee Marie Anthony.

Perhaps some people remember her.
yes, that name rings a bell. :rolleyes:

My post was addressing the families, not the children. I thought that was evident, but obviously not.

This may have been asked and answered, but why was it not too unsafe to have the vigil this week, when just last week they said it was too dangerous? Or maybe it's not a safety issue, but trying to spin something more positive after so much information was released....yeah, that's my guess.

This may have been asked and answered, but why was it not too unsafe to have the vigil this week, when just last week they said it was too dangerous? Or maybe it's not a safety issue, but trying to spin something more positive after so much information was released....yeah, that's my guess.

Isn't "spin" what the Anthonys are all about?

My opinion only.

I don't feel like the Anthony's are being disrespectful in praying for Caylee alive or dead. When the truth is revealed, they will still pray for Caylee..
From the video clip I seen of the vigil, it was heart wrenching to hear Cindy talk of Caylee's room, how everything has been left the same. Cindy and George look bad.
Never in my life will I disagree with prayer..no matter the circumstance. If any one family needs prayer in their life, it is this family..
Some of the most heinous criminals sit and pray in prison each and every day..I refuse to judge that..maybe if they had God in their life to begin with, they wouldn't be where they are.
Cindy and George's only involvement in this, was raising a daughter who turned out to be bad..they did right in raising Caylee, good thing someone stepped up to the plate. I don't think they had anything to do with Caylee missing, and do feel with all my heart that they deserve the right to pray in their own yard, in their church, in their showers, or anywhere else they feel they need to..
I can assure you, God is not judging Cindy and George, and I can assure you that he alone will help them find their way without Caylee..
Caseys judgement day will come..

Isn't "spin" what the Anthonys are all about?

My opinion only.

I think it was just another publicity stunt or what ever you want to call it..
kind of like the other day when they had the story about KC selling Caylee to someone in P R ... I think that was released to try taking focus away from the last round of docs and video's released..

I don't believe anyone would argue about the grandparents and their neighbors praying in private which, I believe, the Bible encourages. I think the Anthonys want to make a "show", like so much else in their life, by have a PUBLIC display. In my opinion this is a "sham" and disrespectful of Caylee.

I was too flip in my post, but this is what I believe, as well. Better put than I managed. I believe the Bible does reference praying with the door closed and I believe this was an occasion where doing so would have been more appropriate.

This vigil comes at the heals of the document dump last Friday! good lord, doesnt anyone see that?

I could care a less if they have one or not. They cancelled last week, victim victim victim!! Then they have one this week.......playing the victims again!....its all about damage control. I could care a less about what this family does now! I can see right through it, ........its not going to bring Caylee back. Period!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back