Laura Babcock: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich charged w/Murder in the First Degree #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I remember the boyfriend asking Dellen questions about the phone calls. I want to confirm that he was questioned by police back then too.
See my edit to the post. I spoke too soon.

The new charges come several months after detectives found “linkages” in the Bosma, Babcock and Wayne Millard cases and combined the investigations into a multijurisdictional probe headed by senior Ontario Provincial Police Detective Inspector Dave Hillman. The province’s serial predator crime investigations co-ordinator was also brought in.

Police searched Mr. Millard’s farm outside Kitchener several times, including in September, when the head of Toronto Police’s homicide’s squad, Staff Inspector Greg McLane, said objects were seized from the property that would be sent for forensic examination.

I think more stuff was found from the stuff seized from the farm. JMO

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ing-of-his-father-girlfriend/article17919798/

So MS and DM were charges yesterday and CN was charged today:

April 9, 2014: Millard, 28, and Smich, 26, are charged with first-degree murder in Babcock’s death. Millard is also charged with first-degree murder in his father’s death.

April 10, 2014: Christina Noudga, 21, of Toronto is charged with accessory after the fact to murder on in connection with Bosma’s death.

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/04/10/timeline-murders-linked-to-dellen-millard/

So MS and DM were charges yesterday and CN was charged today:

April 9, 2014: Millard, 28, and Smich, 26, are charged with first-degree murder in Babcock’s death. Millard is also charged with first-degree murder in his father’s death.

April 10, 2014: Christina Noudga, 21, of Toronto is charged with accessory after the fact to murder on in connection with Bosma’s death.

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/04/10/timeline-murders-linked-to-dellen-millard/

seems like CN wanted to get a deal(so to speak) and told them more about past things,

Ms. Babcock’s mother, Linda, told The Globe and Mail that she cried when police officers arrived at her home Thursday morning to give her the news of the charges.

Police have so far not announced whether they recovered Ms. Babcock’s remains, leading her mother to believe that there’s still a chance of finding her. Laura Babcock went missing in early July, 2012.

“I still am hopeful,” she said. “They’ve just been charged so there’s always still a chance.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ing-of-his-father-girlfriend/article17919798/

The poor mother. The police haven't even told her if they have her body yet she is told the Laura was murdered.

This is class ..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...a-death-faces-2-more-murder-charges-1.2605741

The Bosma family released a statement saying they were informed about the additional charges against Millard and Smich.

"We extend our most sincere condolences to the Babcock family. The eight days we searched for Tim were eight days of indescribable emotions," the statement reads.

"We can only imagine what the last almost two years have been like for the Babcock family. Our prayers are with those that are hurting with this news today."

maybe the name for this thread should be Dellen Millard rather than Tim Bosma... Since it is not only about Tim Bosma.. It is also about laura ans wayne... IMO people that are new coming to WS will have no clue where to look.

Guess we should get busy sleuthing that one. ;)

Seriously, that's a question to keep one up at night. What on earth brought them together? The cars? Money? Drugs?

I don't know but I still think there's a tie with DM and TB is with the Waterloo hanger, TB having a friend who works there and flies planes, TB had been to the hanger, and maybe something being seen/heard by TB that wasn't supposed to be.

TB could've been totally oblivious to it all and completely innocent but people who have murdered others I'm sure are jumpy and paranoid about what others have seen or heard.

Maybe the motive was eliminating TB because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. MS and DM set out to find him and eliminate the problem. They could've been talking about Babcock or anything when TB was there, or maybe TB saw Babcock ... who knows?

Sorry just rambling and MOO

oops just realize you were talking about the link between MS and DM not those too and TB

I don't know but I still think there's a tie with DM and TB is with the Waterloo hanger, TB having a friend who works there and flies planes, TB had been to the hanger, and maybe something being seen/heard by TB that wasn't supposed to be.

TB could've been totally oblivious to it all and completely innocent but people who have murdered others I'm sure are jumpy and paranoid about what others have seen or heard.

Maybe the motive was eliminating TB because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. MS and DM set out to find him and eliminate the problem. They could've been talking about Babcock or anything when TB was there, or maybe TB saw Babcock ... who knows?

Sorry just rambling and MOO

my problem with this theory is then what was the point of the test drive the day before? why risk an extra witness, and an extra connection? the test drive with the man in Etobicoke is what broke the lead on the tattoo, it was very helpful for the case. JMO

my problem with this theory is then what was the point of the test drive the day before? why risk an extra witness, and an extra connection? the test drive with the man in Etobicoke is what broke the lead on the tattoo, it was very helpful for the case. JMO

No clue but I have a really hard time swallowing the fact that TB was totally random. Something doesn't add up IMO :( Maybe they were looking for TB, knew the truck, saw a for sale sign in the truck possibly? and made appts to see those trucks according to ads, no idea?

Was Dellen ever questioned by police about Laura when she went missing?

No he wasn't - see early in this thread. She was written off as disappearing of her own accord. On what basis was not disclosed by TPS.

DM should have been questioned, imo, as the last person known to have contact with her. What did she say etc?

No clue but I have a really hard time swallowing the fact that TB was totally random. Something doesn't add up IMO :( Maybe they were looking for TB, knew the truck, saw a for sale sign in the truck possibly? and made appts to see those trucks according to ads, no idea?

i could see that being a possibility. the only way that would work though is if they knew the truck was for sale. have we ever heard anything about a for sale sign on the truck or anything? i can't recall hearing that.

i could see that being a possibility. the only way that would work though is if they knew the truck was for sale. have we ever heard anything about a for sale sign on the truck or anything? i can't recall hearing that.

Not sure if there was a sign in the truck or not, time to sleuth :)

"Babcock’s parents earlier told the Star that they had for months received no updates from police on their daughter’s disappearance and believed the case had fallen off the radar when the officer in charge moved to a new post."

I have a question...early on in the investigation for Laura, SL expressed concern as the lead detective has been transferred off the case.
Now another lead detective "moved to a new post". So was he moved because this investigation had taken over? or just moved as there didn't seem to be any trail ?..just speculation and MOO

I am impressed with LE in filing these charges, I feel they have done their homework before taking this big step. I think most of us will agree this is what we felt was the truth and I commend them for their due diligence before filing the charges. Certainly no one wants another Holmoka scenario. But in saying that, I think some serious questions need to be answered here with regard to the early investigation, or should I say lack of...
As stated in other post, If early intervention had taken place, the loss of Laura may still have happened but Wayne and Tim may still be here...

RIP Laura and Wayne...

WOW!!!

I wasn't expecting this at this time. Off to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member