Laura Babcock: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich charged w/Murder in the First Degree #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It did say in early articles that "victim was targeted'. So this is a very real possibility.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/15/tim_bosma_murder_man_was_targeted_police_say.html

I know but they also said Wayne's death was a suicide and Laura had a risky lifestyle and brushed her under the rug. I'm sure he was targeted, but I still think there is a reason why and it wasn't random. People seriously cannot be this warped.

There what an agenda all along ... but what? and why?

When LE said TB was targeted they mean he was targeted as an owner of a Dodge Ram, which DM was seeking to race in Baja Mexico.

If DM was able to commit the perfect crime and get away with murder twice, and had an incinerator handy, is it so hard to believe that he might try and make a stranger disappear? He wanted a Ram, he went and got one.

I know but they also said Wayne's death was a suicide and Laura had a risky lifestyle and brushed her under the rug. I'm sure he was targeted, but I still think there is a reason why and it wasn't random. People seriously cannot be this warped.

There what an agenda all along ... but what? and why?

Sadly yes people are this warped CG. If someone had the guts to murder someone who fathered them, raised them, provided for them financially and otherwise, well into their adult life and that's the thanks they get for it, to be blasted away with a gunshot to the head, yes that's warped.

Agenda being money and the sick, warped, thrill of murder to those who tried to stop DM from taking/having what he wanted. JMHO.

I don't recall there being any mention LE were searching for DM's father's remains at the farm! :scared: This whole case is just sickening but seriously did/do LE suspect he didn't give his father's ashes a decent burial? WTH and OMG!

Toronto Police also delved deeper into the Nov. 29, 2012 death of Millard’s father.

Wayne Millard was found dead from a gunshot wound to the head in the Toronto home he shared with his son. The wound was initially believed to be self-inflicted.

Toronto Police searched Millard’s farm last year for any sign of his father’s or Babcock’s remains, but their search came up empty.

McLane said the investigation, dubbed Project Capella, is ongoing but he refused to provide any further details.

http://www.lfpress.com/2014/04/10/tim-bosmas-accused-killer-charged-with-2-more-murders

I've made a few comparisons in the past between this case and that of Michael Rafferty and again I see another couple similarities. A female now involved in a murder case and the female being quite a bit younger than the male. CN would have been 18 in 2011 when she started dating DM, him being 26. TLM was 18 and MR 28.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/tag/dellen-millard

RIP Laura, Wayne and Tim. Justice will be served.

DP save your sales pitch because I for one am not buying it. The evidence will prove otherwise. DM expressed his dismay?! I bet he did; dismay he's been caught on two additional murders he thought he so cleverly carried out. The last paragraph I snipped from the article makes me :floorlaugh:. So there's never been a death case where errors have been made in determining COD?!! Give me a break... and JMHO.

Police working on a multi-jurisdictional task force, called Project Capella, would not publicly say, however, whether Ms. Babcock’s remains have been found.

Mr. Millard’s lawyer, Deepak Paradkar, spoke with his client after learning of the new charges and expressed his dismay.

“Originally, [Wayne Millard’s death] was labelled a suicide so I just don’t know how it goes from suicide to homicide unless it is pure notoriety; like, they got him on the Bosma murder and somehow now they revisit the case from two years prior and it’s supposedly a homicide.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...llen-millard-is-now-an-accused-serial-killer/

Glad that Ws gives opportunity to explore the inexplicable.imo.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/04/1...-for-closure-as-alleged-dellen-millard-victim
"There are so many strange twists and turns to this bizarre case that is like something out of a horror film.

You have parties, stolen motorcycles, cars, airplanes, models, alleged drugs and wealth, the alleged eluding of police and eventual capture thanks to an alert citizen who remembered a tattoo on the arm of Millard which said “Ambition.”

I kinda wonder if there is more life's taken by them or just DM as he did go to mexico, this is just mind blowing, I wounder if we will ever find out why it was done.
as I can see it all happened kinda close together in years 2012-2013, (just random thoughts above)

I'm sure LB's friend who went to police about the information about her cell phone must be going through so many emotions. Relief? Anger? And DM's mom??? Wow.

I haven't been on the boards for a while but when I can I check the TB case right away. I JUST came on to check a few days ago and nothing.

I'm sure more shocking information is coming.

Smells like Robert Pickton. Huge drug parties. Lots of witnesses but all to scared of him to come forward until its too late.

I'm sure LB's friend who went to police about the information about her cell phone must be going through so many emotions. Relief? Anger? And DM's mom??? Wow.

I haven't been on the boards for a while but when I can I check the TB case right away. I JUST came on to check a few days ago and nothing.

I'm sure more shocking information is coming.

Smells like Robert Pickton. Huge drug parties. Lots of witnesses but all to scared of him to come forward until its too late.

I agree. I remember reading how hard her ex-boyfriend tried to get information out. I think he was actually the one that initially investigated her phone records.

A source close to the investigation, who is not authorized to speak publicly, has told The Spectator that police believe Babcock met a similar fate. Her body has not been recovered, the source says.

While it is unusual for police to lay a murder charge with no body, it is not unheard of.

http://www.ourwindsor.ca/news-story/4460278-clairmont-police-believe-babcock-s-body-was-incinerated/

Doesn't sound like they have her body. sigh....

Something seems off to me about this - Laura's family have not been told if remains have been discovered or not? Are they expected to wait until after a trial in order to find out if she can be properly laid to rest or not?

Hope that will not be the case.

From that same article

Tony Leitch, the Hamilton Crown attorney prosecuting the Bosma case, says the project involves "one of the largest computer seizures in Ontario criminal law history."

This is the evidence that is doing everybody in. DM and MS's computers cell phones and so on plus remember all the production orders they put out for phones in the beginning?

From that same article

This is the evidence that is doing everybody in. DM and MS's computers cell phones and so on plus remember all the production orders they put out for phones in the beginning?

People today put everything on their computers, so I agree with you there. But out of curiosity, how could 3 people and one fairly small business have enough computers to make this one of the largest computer seizures in our crimal law history? Aren't there huge child *advertiser censored* rings or internet scam busts where they seize hundreds of computers, where did all the computers come from in this case?

People today put everything on their computers, so I agree with you there. But out of curiosity, how could 3 people and one fairly small business have enough computers to make this one of the largest computer seizures in our crimal law history? Aren't there huge child *advertiser censored* rings or internet scam busts where they seize hundreds of computers, where did all the computers come from in this case?

They were not the only ones whose computers were seized.

They were not the only ones whose computers were seized.
Agreed Variant, and I think "computers" is a general term encompassing all digital devices- tablets, desktops, cell phones. They've also now been tied in with gun dealers, auto/motorcycle theft and there's a history of supplying drugs, so heavens knows how far DM's electronic footstep marched and who's sitting disconnected from the digital world right now. I think what amazes me is that there are always criminals that don't understand how this technology actually works.

DM obviously felt he had the brains, power and following to go untouched-and still does as he sits down at Barton St., looking "doe eyed" giving interviews professing his innocence. JMHO.

Remembering back to the beginning when DP said there was more to the story...yes DP...sounds like there's a bit more to the story that we didn't know back in May/13. MOO

Agreed Variant, and I think "computers" is a general term encompassing all digital devices- tablets, desktops, cell phones. They've also now been tied in with gun dealers, auto/motorcycle theft and there's a history of supplying drugs, so heavens knows how far DM's electronic footstep marched and who's sitting disconnected from the digital world right now. I think what amazes me is that there are always criminals that don't understand how this technology actually works.

DM obviously felt he had the brains, power and following to go untouched-and still does as he sits down at Barton St., looking "doe eyed" giving interviews professing his innocence. JMHO.

Remembering back to the beginning when DP said there was more to the story...yes DP...sounds like there's a bit more to the story that we didn't know back in May/13. MOO
BBM
Must be a real embarrassment to DP to be the only one not to know the rest of the story. I bet he's lost that loving feeling.:floorlaugh:

I don't recall there being any mention LE were searching for DM's father's remains at the farm! :scared: This whole case is just sickening but seriously did/do LE suspect he didn't give his father's ashes a decent burial? WTH and OMG!

Toronto Police also delved deeper into the Nov. 29, 2012 death of Millard’s father.

Wayne Millard was found dead from a gunshot wound to the head in the Toronto home he shared with his son. The wound was initially believed to be self-inflicted.

Toronto Police searched Millard’s farm last year for any sign of his father’s or Babcock’s remains, but their search came up empty.

McLane said the investigation, dubbed Project Capella, is ongoing but he refused to provide any further details.

http://www.lfpress.com/2014/04/10/tim-bosmas-accused-killer-charged-with-2-more-murders

I've always suspected that when his father's body was released to him with the COD being suicide and he was able to have him cremated he felt then that he had gotten away with it. There was no way they could come back and "exhume" his father if anyone ever questioned the "suicide" somewhere down the line. And I don't think his father's wishes would have been cremation. Weren't WM's parent's both buried in a family plot? So if WM had ever indicated that he expected to be buried, that should have thrown up some red flags then. But I don't think anyone ever questions things like that. The only person really close to WM at the time was DM. And who was going to question his decisions regarding his father's final resting plans? Still not even sure if his father's cremains were ever even giving the dignity of a final resting place. I have no idea what he did with them.

So when his mind turned to murder as some kind of "necessity" later on, perhaps that's when he got the brilliant idea to purchase the incinerator to cremate his own victims next time. No body equals no evidence equals no crime right? Wrong.

MOO

ETA: Just noticed that LB disappeared prior to his father's murder so perhaps it was the other way around. He had already "cremated" one victim on his own with his own incinerator and had appeared to have gotten away with it so while he certainly could not expect his father's disappearance not to warrant more of an investigation than that of a young girl who was into some questionable activities, he chose to let LE discover the deceased body and stage it as a suicide. And then have him cremated as well with little fanfare after the body was released to him. So at that point it was two down and the sky's the limit with regards to future murders of "necessity". MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alblake