Laura Babcock: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich charged w/Murder in the First Degree #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The interview is pretty specific regarding TPS failing to speak to DM while having info that he was the last person known to have contact with her. TPS then denied having that info - LB's phone records.
The interview suggests LB was 'written off' by TPS due to her issues.

Unfortunately the updated info does not reflect that point - hopefully mistakes/failures of this sort will not happen again within TPS.

It's been said 'you can't change what you don't acknowledge'.

Aug 5th: Agana, Croatia
Aug 6th: Split, Croatia
Aug 7th: 21450 Hvar, Splitsko-Dalmatinska, Croatia
Aug 10th: Ante Rudana 47, 21222 Marina, Splitsko-Dalmatinska, Croatia
Aug 11th: Porto Di Ancona, Italia
Aug 12th: 11853 Athens, Greece (Athina)
Aug 13th: Acropolis, Athens, Greece
Aug 14th: Cretaquarium, Greece
Aug 15th: Chania, Greece
Aug 16th: Santorini, Greece
Aug 17th: Mykonos, Greece

After this date, DM does not appear to be following along with the others on their trip(s).

I will keep looking for trips he may have made for car parts in the US, etc.

Makes sense to me that he would have felt the need to leave the country after his discussion with LB's ex boyfriend. He knew the boyfriend had caught him out in a lie. Easier to be out of the country when a missing person's investigation is going on. No wonder LE never spoke to him. They just didn't want to bother pursuing it when he got back. Do we know when he decided to return to Canada? Would it have been shortly after that last pic entry on August 17th? So over a month since TPS had filed a missing persons report on LB? I assume he was getting updates from MS and maybe CN on the investigation while he was hiding out and letting MS take the fall if it came to that?

MOO

Makes sense to me that he would have felt the need to leave the country after his discussion with LB's ex boyfriend. He knew the boyfriend had caught him out in a lie. Easier to be out of the country when a missing person's investigation is going on. No wonder LE never spoke to him. They just didn't want to bother pursuing it when he got back. Do we know when he decided to return to Canada? Would it have been shortly after that last pic entry on August 17th? So over a month since TPS had filed a missing persons report on LB? I assume he was getting updates from MS and maybe CN on the investigation while he was hiding out and letting MS take the fall if it came to that?

MOO

Thank you: SL confronted DM on July 27th with the phone records. Is this when they sit down together to discuss it (not via texting as per DM's wishes, remember?)

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...l_was_to_dellen_millard_exboyfriend_says.html

An interview today on AM900 Hamilton with Ross McLean

http://youtu.be/nWbBm1dkpG8

Very good interview. Sadly there is something wrong when we have a missing young woman and the most obvious evidence is put on the wayside; her cell phone log. Then we have a young man reported missing and LE are all over it like bees on a hive, that's the way it should be with any missing person regardless. I had never heard of LB prior to this case, but I recall hearing about TB the day after his disappearance. It made major headlines on the news. Don't get me wrong here that I believe every case is treated this way, but no one, nothing should be put on the back burner because of someones life style, class of career choice, whether male or female. I believe this is what happened in LB's case. LE took a look at her lifestyle choices and deemed her not worthy of a closer look under the microscope.

Sadly I don't think it would have impacted DM "if" LE had questioned him about being one of the last people to have contact with LB, as he would have given them the same feedback which he gave to SL. The fact DM knew there was suspicion being place upon him by SL and I'm sure SL made it known to DM he had gone to LE about LB gone missing, I come to the conclusion DM may have considered he was being monitored by LE but that didn't deter him from murdering his father nor Tim. Thankfully LE took Tim disappearance seriously and caught these before they murdered more innocent people. I can only imagine how thankful that business owner is who took them on a test drive the day before they murdered Tim. Do I suspect there are more victims? I wouldn't be surprised. LE need to now look at every missing persons case within that area and go over them with a very fine tooth comb if they haven't already started that process. But that's JMO.

Swedie, you just reminded me of that absolutely infuriating press event last year (was it TPS?) where the person representing LE came across as so smug and dismissive about LB. It's probably in her original thread, or maybe earlier in this one. The LE attitude at the time was very much "fine, shut up already, we'll investigate what's her name, and by the way did you know she was a sex worker?"

I'm being somewhat hyperbolic here but as I recall I wasn't the only person highly irritated by that presser.

Swedie, you just reminded me of that absolutely infuriating press event last year (was it TPS?) where the person representing LE came across as so smug and dismissive about LB. It's probably in her original thread, or maybe earlier in this one. The LE attitude at the time was very much "fine, shut up already, we'll investigate what's her name, and by the way did you know she was a sex worker?"

I'm being somewhat hyperbolic here but as I recall I wasn't the only person highly irritated by that presser.

It was TPS. Yes, many were infuriated. It was a CYA victim-blaming exercise. Even the normally police-friendly side of the media was appalled.

Yes I do remember that pressor and it was as you say. And it seemed so full of denial as if LE had done everything they could have possibly done at that time to investigate but came to a dead end with no leads to follow. Pfft, in this new age of technology they did not check the most obvious; her cell phone records and the people on it.

I got to thinking today, wonder if LE found SL's ipad which he had loaned to LB. If so, did they gain information from it which pointed to DM and MS as being her murderers? That could prove to be a great source of information/evidence in MOO. I think back to one case where a young girl was on Skye IIRC and chatting with her boyfriend when some guy broke into her apartment and murdered her while her boyfriend watched helplessly from his computer screen. Again I believe LE must have some pretty solid evidence to include MS with her murder. Did LE find the ipad or were they able to track information from it...hmmm.

I wonder where LB was staying the day or night DM and/or MS lured her away? Did she leave her belongings and the ipad behind or take them with her? If she left it behind, hopefully someone eventually found it and turned it into LE. If she had it with her, did the try to incinerate it also (fragments of it may have been gathered), or was it found somewhere in the barn? Too many questions and not enough answers. At least for now. Does anyone know if it would be possible to track an ipad? TIA and MOO.

My sincere and heartfelt condolences go out to the Babcock family. They must be so devastated learning all this information about their beautiful daughter after the fact. The worst is if they had parted ways on a bad note. I just hope and pray that that last day they had seen their daughter, when she dropped her furry little friend off at their home, words of love where expressed. Don't ever give up the opportunity to make peace with those you love or to let them know you love them because you may never be given another day to do so.

RIP sweet, beautiful, Laura. Heaven has gained another precious Angel.

I do not think that LB's parents saw her when the dog was dropped off. I am sure LB knew her family loved her and she obviously trusted them (IMO), that's why she brought the dog to them. I remember reading this, "Clayton and Linda Babcock arrived home last June to find their daughter’s two-year-old Maltese, Lacey, had been dropped off without warning." That's from here: http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/21/tim_bosma_homicide_missing_womans_parents_buoyed_at_renewed_police_interest_in_her_disappearance.html

...My sincere and heartfelt condolences go out to the Babcock family. They must be so devastated learning all this information about their beautiful daughter after the fact. The worst is if they had parted ways on a bad note. I just hope and pray that that last day they had seen their daughter, when she dropped her furry little friend off at their home, words of love where expressed. Don't ever give up the opportunity to make peace with those you love or to let them know you love them because you may never be given another day to do so.

RIP sweet, beautiful, Laura. Heaven has gained another precious Angel.

I do not think that LB's parents saw her when the dog was dropped off. I am sure LB knew her family loved her and she obviously trusted them (IMO), that's why she brought the dog to them. I remember reading this, "Clayton and Linda Babcock arrived home last June to find their daughter’s two-year-old Maltese, Lacey, had been dropped off without warning." That's from here:

Oh yes that's right Beth. There are so many details to keep them alll straight and remember. Thanks for the reminder. And that's an interesting point. Wonder who dropped her dog off, herself or maybe one of the perps. Wonder what they told her (if they did) to make her drop her dog off at her parents? Did DM have travel plans and told her he had included her in those travel plans? The trip to Croatia?

Regarding that murder of the female student I mentioned in my above post. Location was Toronto and the date of her murder was April 15, 2011. Three years ago to the date. Thankfully they caught the sicko.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/girl-murdered-as-boyfriend-watched-helplessly-on-skype-100060

http://www.channel4.com/news/man-in-court-after-boyfriend-sees-womans-murder-on-skype

And wow I never heard anything more about this case in which the was sentenced last week April 7, 2014, until now. RIP Qian Liu.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-26932099

If LB was couch surfing and living out of hotels she may have felt that the best place for her dog was at home. It was too bad that she didn't realise that about herself. Such a tragic ending.

Could the police now have LB's Ipad? It would be a heck of a lead developer.

If LB was couch surfing and living out of hotels she may have felt that the best place for her dog was at home. It was too bad that she didn't realise that about herself. Such a tragic ending.

I think her dog was taken to her parents because she couldn't have it at the Days Inn where SL got her the room on June 26.

If LB was couch surfing and living out of hotels she may have felt that the best place for her dog was at home. It was too bad that she didn't realise that about herself.

Liam Casey recently tweeted that LB had been kicked out of the family home.

I've spoken to more than a dozen of Laura Babcock's friends. She was kicked out of her house, did coke, ecstasy and weed.

Seems DM just had no boundaries when it came to people "close" to him WRT to what he wanted.

Reminds me of the Menendez brothers and their motives.

If DM's life turns out like a Menendez, I don't see a good future for a CN/DM jailhouse marriage. From Wikipedia:

"On July 2, 1996, Lyle married longtime pen pal Anna Eriksson, a former model, in a ceremony attended by Abramson and his aunt Marta Menendez, and presided over by Judge Nancy Brown. The two were divorced on April 1, 2001, after Eriksson reportedly discovered that Lyle was "cheating" on her by writing to another woman."

There's clearly a problem when it comes to missing person cases because I've never heard of Laura Babcock until DM was charged. More media & awareness across the province for all missing people regardless of age and lifestyle would be helpful to the public.

Could the police now have LB's Ipad? It would be a heck of a lead developer.

SL LB's ex-boyfriend loaned LB his ipad so I take it she didn't have one. And that's what I said a few posts ago hehehe AA. It could have some pretty important information on it from LB. I wonder why she wanted to borrow it or why SL loaned his to her? I wonder if DM or SM got their hands on it and destroyed it, incinerated it, hid it in the barn? Was it found in the last place she stayed? Where is SL's ipad? JMO.

Her parents were surprised to come home and find her dog at their home. Wouldn't you think she would have at least let them a note or called them regarding the dog? IIRC I thought someone, friend or parent said her dog was here life and she would never part with him. Anyone remember that?

Then in June, Babcock dropped off her two-year-old Maltese dog, Lacey, unannounced, at her parent’s house. She never returned.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...de_update_on_missing_woman_laura_babcock.html

The last time Mr. Lerner saw Ms. Babcock was when he took her out for dinner at the Eaton Centre food court on June 26. He had put her up in a hotel near Queen and Roncesvalles, chosen because it was pet-friendly, and they talked about her apartment search.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-with-babcocks-disappearance/article12332413/

:maddening:

Det. Carbone faced tough questions over the force’s handling of the Babcock case, specifically in regard to when Toronto police were in possession of phone records that revealed Ms. Babcock’s last call was to Mr. Millard. Her ex-boyfriend, Shawn Lerner, said he submitted her phone records to police last summer, but Det. Carbone said police became aware of the records as a result of Mr. Millard’s arrest.

He also said Ms. Babcock had been in contact with other people since last being in touch with Mr. Millard on July 3, 2012.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-with-babcocks-disappearance/article12332413/

I think that her ex-boyfriend also told police that she had his iPad and he tried to get them to track it in order to locate her. I'm sorry but I can't remember where I read that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE