Laura Babcock: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich charged w/Murder in the First Degree #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancaster is within the area bounded by Brantford (where he has buddies) and Kitchener (the hangar) and London is far far FAR FAR FAR outside that area. .

I drive farther than that to get my hair cut. London is just a spit, straight down the 401. Not too far for an afternoon of murder and mayhem and home again for dinner.

I drive farther than that to get my hair cut. London is just a spit, straight down the 401. Not too far for an afternoon of murder and mayhem and home again for dinner.

Seems to me that DM didn't really go out seeking victims but rather did away with people who got in the way of something. What connection would this girl have had to DM and why would he feel the need to eliminate her?

With all the amazing sleuthing here on DM, there is probably something here that says just where he was and what he was doing the night this woman disappeared. ;)

MOO

I can think of 2 reasons DM wouldn't want LB around:

1) Maybe LB was pregnant (or said she was), DM may have gone wild knowing that a child would threaten his lifestyle/inheritance and reputation.

2) Or maybe LB tried to blackmail DM by threatening to reveal his illegal activities she knew about.

Someone close to LB likely knows something about what was going in LB's head in regards to DM. Most women can't keep their mouths shut about their personal lives.

All MOO

I can think of 2 reasons DM wouldn't want LB around:

1) Maybe LB was pregnant (or said she was), DM may have gone wild knowing that a child would threaten his lifestyle/inheritance and reputation.

2) Or maybe LB tried to blackmail DM by threatening to reveal his illegal activities she knew about.

Someone close to LB likely knows something about what was going in LB's head in regards to DM. Most women can't keep their mouths shut about their personal lives.

All MOO

I agree with your statements. LB's former boyfriend, who tried to help her, by getting her a hotel room for the night, felt that she was having mental health issues, and was very depressed, did he not ? This kind of emotionally unstable person could easily talk to anyone about DM, and his criminal activities. He likely saw her as too much of a risk, and she was focused on him during the last days of her life, calling him often on her phone, as the records proved. DM had lots to hide. Probably much more will come out in the trial.

IMO

I agree with your statements. LB's former boyfriend, who tried to help her, by getting her a hotel room for the night, felt that she was having mental health issues, and was very depressed, did he not ? This kind of emotionally unstable person could easily talk to anyone about DM, and his criminal activities. He likely saw her as too much of a risk, and she was focused on him during the last days of her life, calling him often on her phone, as the records proved. DM had lots to hide. Probably much more will come out in the trial.

IMO

Yes...not to mention that AB indicated LB had threatened him with going to CN about their "relationship" and had in fact actually done that? So in DM's mind if she was willing to do that, she was capable of screwing things up for him in other areas of his life?

MOO

Yes...not to mention that AB indicated LB had threatened him with going to CN about their "relationship" and had in fact actually done that? So in DM's mind if she was willing to do that, she was capable of screwing things up for him in other areas of his life?

MOO

I believe that it was said that LB did go to CN with their relationship, but I don't recall reading that LB had threatened DM previous to that, can you please link to the MSM article that states that?

I believe that it was said that LB did go to CN with their relationship, but I don't recall reading that LB had threatened DM previous to that, can you please link to the MSM article that states that?
I don't think anyone can take their eyes off of potential involvement in LB's disappearance/murder by CN. Even though she's only been arrested on accessory charges, I have a sneaky suspicion that the boxes of stuff carted out of her family home and the fact that forensics were there may in fact lead to more charges against her. Seems like heavy duty LE presence for someone that they're arresting for simply helping the bad guy evade them on one day. MOO

You are correct...

"According to a friend of Babcock, Laura had told Noudga that she and Millard had become more than just friends. "

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/

So it is only my opinion then that LB may have threatened DM that she would do this if he didn't so something for her, and it appears that, according to a friend of LB, that she did in fact tell CN. It is also my opinion that this may have angered DM and he considered her a problem at that point.

MOO

You are correct...

"According to a friend of Babcock, Laura had told Noudga that she and Millard had become more than just friends. "

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/

So it is only my opinion then that LB may have threatened DM that she would do this if he didn't so something for her, and it appears that, according to a friend of LB, that she did in fact tell CN. It is also my opinion that this may have angered DM and he considered her a problem at that point.

MOO

CN may have also wanted her out of the picture, and helped DM with her murder and disposal of the body. Although she has not been charged with this yet, I would not be surprised if her charges were upgraded.

MOO

Bringing this over from TB thread - page 16, post #390 -

In light of the now widely known poor attitude of TPS towards some missing women, my fear is TPS will be in charge of bringing LB's case against DM, MS to trial.

What a joke - TPS is handing the defense a huge break before walking into court. What part of TPS had no concern/chose not to investigate isn't clear? So why are they concerned now?

Imo, hand it over to HPS or the OPP before TPS screws this up even more. The public wants a return on their investment - paycheques for serious investigations and convictions. Who needs *advertiser censored* of the Walk - surely TPS employees can to that for free.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Tim Bosma: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich chgd w/Murder; Christina Noudga, Accessory

Adding this for future use only - at time of trial. This article caught my eye today -

Due to the suspect's father's position with the police force, Crown prosecutors will be brought in from Edmonton to handle the case.

Gregg Lepp of Crown Prosecutor Services says that is to ensure impartiality.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...truggle-to-understand-what-happened-1.2614266

The crime in the linked article has nothing to do with LB's case. What is of note is bringing in a different prosecutor (Crown Attorney) to try the case to ensure impartiality.

My fear in the LB case is, TPS does not have impartiality to fall back on. The public has shown it's distaste for TPS writing her off, more than once, when she went missing. TPS will try to ignore or defend their actions - or worse pretend it never happened, imo. We want them to take the stand and present evidence?

The defense will use this - it's their job. I don't have a problem with everyone being entitled to a vigorous defense - I dislike the thought of handing DM or MS an advantage - a walk due the lack of impartiality will break the hearts of all concerned.

There is no law saying TPS cannot hand LB's case over to the OPP or HPS to take to trial. It's standard operating procedure when justice must be seen to be at work. There is no such thing as a slam dunk even with the presence of DNA - OJ?

JMO.

There is no law saying TPS cannot hand LB's case over to the OPP or HPS to take to trial. It's standard operating procedure when justice must be seen to be at work. There is no such thing as a slam dunk even with the presence of DNA - OJ? JMO.
<rsbm>

The Crown has already laid a first degree murder charge, so apparently satisfied there is sufficient evidence from whichever PD was involved. If the evidence is good enough, doesn't matter which PD it comes from, and it must be testified to by those who obtained the evidence, not another PD.

We've seen the engagement pics but she's off-limits re discussion.

Was DM's girlfriend not charged as well as an accessory after the fact? How could she be off limits?

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...e_she_was_reported_missing_police_allege.html

On Thursday, police announced Mark Smich, 26, also co-accused in Bosma’s murder, was charged in Babcock’s death. Millard’s girlfriend, Christina Noudga, 21, has been charged as an accessory to murder after the fact.

This is a fact sheet on the numbers of people reported missing in Canada (2013) by province. It gives a pretty good idea of the magnitude of the problem, and I would hazard a guess that, out of the 5694 in Ontario, a high percentage will be from Toronto:

http://www.canadasmissing.ca/pubs/fac-ren-2013-eng.htm

Was DM's girlfriend not charged as well as an accessory after the fact? How could she be off limits?

Wrong gf appleeye ... he was engaged to JS (who is off limits), not CN who is charged with accessory ...

This is a fact sheet on the numbers of people reported missing in Canada (2013) by province. It gives a pretty good idea of the magnitude of the problem, and I would hazard a guess that, out of the 5694 in Ontario, a high percentage will be from Toronto:

:gasp: :scared: WOW! This is crazy and very scary. And Ontario is the highest. Thanks for sharing SB.

:gasp: :scared: WOW! This is crazy and very scary. And Ontario is the highest. Thanks for sharing SB.

And IIRC, those stats are the ones missing that LE actually placed on NCIC, the ones that are missing that can be tied to the NCIC database with forensics when found.

That's nowhere near the actual number of "missing." I seriously doubt LB was on that database, or maybe she was placed there long after the heat was on TPS

JMO

The number of adults missing in B.C. is much higher than Ontario. And, to add to that, Ontario also has almost three times the population of B.C..

But the number of missing children and youth listed as runaways in Ontario is unreal.

JMO

<rsbm>

The Crown has already laid a first degree murder charge, so apparently satisfied there is sufficient evidence from whichever PD was involved. If the evidence is good enough, doesn't matter which PD it comes from, and it must be testified to by those who obtained the evidence, not another PD.

OK- I will bite my tongue, hold my breath and hope for the best from a jury!

This is interesting SB - when you go through the individual people listed on the RCMP canadasmissing website there are 309 adults from Ontario and 61 children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member