Laura Babcock: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich charged w/Murder in the First Degree #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone can take their eyes off of potential involvement in LB's disappearance/murder by CN. Even though she's only been arrested on accessory charges, I have a sneaky suspicion that the boxes of stuff carted out of her family home and the fact that forensics were there may in fact lead to more charges against her. Seems like heavy duty LE presence for someone that they're arresting for simply helping the bad guy evade them on one day. MOO

I agree. I wonder how much involvement CN had in LB's disappearance. But wouldn't you assume with DM having the incinerator handy, they would have disposed of LB's belongings and anything physically tied to her? Of course unless she felt she could use some things against DM and/or MS for her own defense. Without me having to go search, does anyone know off the top when CN and DM started dating? Did CN see LB as a threat when it came to her relationship with DM? I would definitely think so.

MOO.

Wrong gf appleeye ... he was engaged to JS (who is off limits), not CN who is charged with accessory ...

So just to clarify then... he had a fiance and a girlfriend and he murdered people in his spare time?

I agree. I wonder how much involvement CN had in LB's disappearance. But wouldn't you assume with DM having the incinerator handy, they would have disposed of LB's belongings and anything physically tied to her? Of course unless she felt she could use some things against DM and/or MS for her own defense. Without me having to go search, does anyone know off the top when CN and DM started dating? Did CN see LB as a threat when it came to her relationship with DM? I would definitely think so.

MOO.

BBM - I've read CN and DM began dating in the summer of 2011 (he broke up with his then-fiancee that spring).

Their skydiving excursion was early August of that year, and the yacht trip was late August/early September. In October, DM purchased a condo in Vaughan (that his ex-fiancee ended up living in IIRC).

This is a fact sheet on the numbers of people reported missing in Canada (2013) by province. It gives a pretty good idea of the magnitude of the problem, and I would hazard a guess that, out of the 5694 in Ontario, a high percentage will be from Toronto:

http://www.canadasmissing.ca/pubs/fac-ren-2013-eng.htm

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it also says about 85 percent of them were removed from the list. So those are the number of reports but not the numbers of actual missing people?

The OPP site has never had anywhere near 5,000 people listed as missing in Ontario - at the moment the RCMP site is more a less a copy of it.

Would also like to know the reconciliation between the 2 sets of stats.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it also says about 85 percent of them were removed from the list. So those are the number of reports but not the numbers of actual missing people?

That's correct Kamille ... the stats are for "the numbers of people reported missing", not the number of missing people.

MOO.

Were they able to trace the Ipad and found it in CN's possession? Not saying she was there when it disappeared but it could have been "given" to her.

Just a thought!!

JMO

Were they able to trace the Ipad and found it in CN's possession? Not saying she was there when it disappeared but it could have been "given" to her.

Just a thought!!

JMO

It may have been. But if these people had any smarts at all, I would imagine they would have gotten rid of any evidence like that which could potentially tie them to the victims. The cell phone of Tim's, JMO but I think it was tossed by one of the accused because they may have feared they could be tracked/traced by Tim's phone pings or possible GPS. Again it is JMO but my thought is, is Tim was murdered in his truck and didn't have time to react, and had he time or a choice, he would have let them take the truck to return home to his wife and baby girl. The fact SB had already had a description of the two, seen them tells me DM and MS were not afraid of Tim also giving LE a description should he have survived. So scary to think SB could have also became one of their victims. I think what alerted the accused to getting rid of Tim's phone was the fact SB said she started calling and texting Tim about an hour after he left with the accused. His phone would have been ringing and the perps heard it, prompting them to toss it. Tim was gone and didn't have the chance to answer his phone to SB. JMO.

“I gave him one hour,” she said. “Then I started calling and texting.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/06/15/tim_bosma_comes_home_heartbreakingly_in_a_small_box.html

It will be interesting to see if TB's phone was being called as it was disposed of.
If so it will add to and perhaps even clarify the timeline and whom may have been @ that geographical location @ that phone call time.

It may even speak to whether the phone was thrown out going to or from the farm.

Anyway it will likely be a key piece in the events of that night.

Also exactly what of LB's was found during the barn search's

Because MS is charged with LB's murder I wonder what the evidence is? Was he the hitman for hire? What is his involvement? Would he do anything for drugs or money? Mark .S. SAY10 was in the picture for awhile, at least since 2011 and likely earlier than that. He was friends with other DM entourage. I bet LB knew him too. MS was out committing his petty crimes and the most recent one was for the spray painting on the overpass in October 2012, after Laura's murder and before WM's murder. He was a pretty loose cannon to be using to commit fraud, theft, kidnapping and murder with IMO. I think DM was thinking he would blame everything on MS. JMO

Because MS is charged with LB's murder I wonder what the evidence is? Was he the hitman for hire? What is his involvement? Would he do anything for drugs or money? Mark .S. SAY10 was in the picture for awhile, at least since 2011 and likely earlier than that. He was friends with other DM entourage. I bet LB knew him too. MS was out committing his petty crimes and the most recent one was for the spray painting on the overpass in October 2012, after Laura's murder and before WM's murder. He was a pretty loose cannon to be using to commit fraud, theft, kidnapping and murder with IMO. I think DM was thinking he would blame everything on MS. JMO

My thinking is that it was one of those parties which DM liked to throw, is where he met MS. I have to wonder if it was MS who introduced DM to LB. Could it have been LB who may have reported MS to LE at times he was picked up and charges with drug offenses? I wonder how far back and how close CN and LB were as friends? Did LB tell CN she called LE on MS and CN went back and told DM and/or MS? With the latest arrest of CN and murder charges against MS of LB, I have to think CN may very well be talking to LE. If LE can get even the smallest charges against someone, they will use it to their advantage just to get more information on a case. They are hoping she will cave and spill her guts, revealing details which could blow the whole case wide open. I have to wonder if this is the case with LE arresting CN.

It seems to me it was MS who was the man to go to for drugs as we know his involvement with drugs and his charges go back to the age of 18. I wonder if DM was using LB for her services and maybe once he started seeing CN on a more seriously basis, he no longer felt it necessary to use LB, her income was reduced and she was desperate for money, therefore calling DM needing money and drugs. Did DM voice his frustration with LB to MS and MS suggested he would take care of DM's problem if DM helped him to get rid of evidence?

What we will learn eventually is that MS was the actual murderer while DM provided the means, the gun and the equipment, the incinerator to dispose of evidence. And I won't be surprised if we eventually learn MS was the one who shot WM at DM's request. This way it would leave him with no evidence when investigators showed up to investigate that eve. E.i., gun shot reside on DM's hands. Maybe it was MS who made up the gamer avatar for DM's profile? But it's all JMO.

Yep I bet DM will use MS as his scapegoat. I'm sure he's been studying all the disclosure thus far and is trying to work out every angle to pin all the murders of MS. I think DM was smart enough to hire or use MS for the murders, thinking if he was ever caught, he could then say he didn't murder anyone. Either way, he was involved, they all seem premeditated and he's just as evil as MS MOO.

I think DM was smart enough to hire or use MS for the murders, thinking if he was ever caught, he could then say he didn't murder anyone. Either way, he was involved, they all seem premeditated and he's just as evil as MS MOO.
<rsbm>

IF it is proven DM arranged a murder, even without dirtying his own hands, he would still be guilty of 1st degree murder.

My thinking is that it was one of those parties which DM liked to throw, is where he met MS. I have to wonder if it was MS who introduced DM to LB. Could it have been LB who may have reported MS to LE at times he was picked up and charges with drug offenses? I wonder how far back and how close CN and LB were as friends? Did LB tell CN she called LE on MS and CN went back and told DM and/or MS? With the latest arrest of CN and murder charges against MS of LB, I have to think CN may very well be talking to LE. If LE can get even the smallest charges against someone, they will use it to their advantage just to get more information on a case. They are hoping she will cave and spill her guts, revealing details which could blow the whole case wide open. I have to wonder if this is the case with LE arresting CN.

It seems to me it was MS who was the man to go to for drugs as we know his involvement with drugs and his charges go back to the age of 18. I wonder if DM was using LB for her services and maybe once he started seeing CN on a more seriously basis, he no longer felt it necessary to use LB, her income was reduced and she was desperate for money, therefore calling DM needing money and drugs. Did DM voice his frustration with LB to MS and MS suggested he would take care of DM's problem if DM helped him to get rid of evidence?

What we will learn eventually is that MS was the actual murderer while DM provided the means, the gun and the equipment, the incinerator to dispose of evidence. And I won't be surprised if we eventually learn MS was the one who shot WM at DM's request. This way it would leave him with no evidence when investigators showed up to investigate that eve. E.i., gun shot reside on DM's hands. Maybe it was MS who made up the gamer avatar for DM's profile? But it's all JMO.

Yep I bet DM will use MS as his scapegoat. I'm sure he's been studying all the disclosure thus far and is trying to work out every angle to pin all the murders of MS. I think DM was smart enough to hire or use MS for the murders, thinking if he was ever caught, he could then say he didn't murder anyone. Either way, he was involved, they all seem premeditated and he's just as evil as MS MOO.

Yep...when you're rich you can pay for a "person" to do just about anything you need to have done. And you can keep them loyal by continuing to supply them with anything they need. And then you can say that you were such a good friend to this person that they took advantage of your generous nature and used all your stuff without your knowledge to frame you when they murdered someone. Of course you had no idea that they had any criminal tendencies at all. Uh huh...yeah okay then. :rolleyes:

Of course that doesn't explain why you were the last contact someone had before they were murdered and may have ended up in your incinerator that you had just purchased for reasons that have yet to be explained. Or how they got into your father's house to kill him and why they would want to do that. Or why you took your hit man on a test drive instead of your mechanic.

MOO

I'm assuming that if LE believe LB was killed around July 3rd and that she ended up in that incinerator, that her body was likely hidden at the farm until the incinerator was purchased and delivered? In the barn I would think since there were neighbours who had access to walk around the property. So perhaps LE did find something in that barn or that incinerator to tie to LB. They must have. Or someone is talking.

MOO

I think you are giving MS more (dis)credit than he deserves. Also, from what I have heard (therefore IMO) DM knew LB before he knew MS - LB was not connected through MS.

But I won't be surprised if DM's defense tries to put all the blame on MS.

I'm assuming that if LE believe LB was killed around July 3rd and that she ended up in that incinerator, that her body was likely hidden at the farm until the incinerator was purchased and delivered? In the barn I would think since there were neighbours who had access to walk around the property. So perhaps LE did find something in that barn or that incinerator to tie to LB. They must have. Or someone is talking.

MOO

I keep thinking back to the purchase of the incinerator being made by "an employee of MillardAir". If it wasn't DM who purchased that thing, then who did? Was MS on the payroll? CN? Would DM have trusted someone enough to have them purchase it for him, or did he act alone?

There is currently an "employee" who is posting Kijiji ads to sell off automobiles and other 'toys' that belonged to DM, who I would think is (was?) pretty close to DM.

I think you are giving MS more (dis)credit than he deserves. Also, from what I have heard (therefore IMO) DM knew LB before he knew MS - LB was not connected through MS.

But I won't be surprised if DM's defense tries to put all the blame on MS.

I also won't be surprised if MS and his attorney try to put all the blame on DM and make it look like he was being used and was just "in the wrong place at the wrong time"... twice. And he was convinced by DM that he had to help cover up the murders because no matter what, he'd be implicated in them and get a life sentence too.

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. This was a mutually satisfying arrangement between the two of them IMO.

MOO

I keep thinking back to the purchase of the incinerator being made by "an employee of MillardAir". If it wasn't DM who purchased that thing, then who did? Was MS on the payroll? CN? Would DM have trusted someone enough to have them purchase it for him, or did he act alone?

There is currently an "employee" who is posting Kijiji ads to sell off automobiles and other 'toys' that belonged to DM, who I would think is (was?) pretty close to DM.

I suspect that it was DM himself and that he was concealing his identity for obvious reasons. If the incinerator was being purchased on behalf of a business rather than an individual, it would be less suspicious I guess? Not to mention, it would not be tied to the farm if it was not delivered there.

Nothing more suspicious than an individual ordering an incinerator to be delivered to a farm where there was no livestock but likely a deceased body in the barn.

MOO

<rsbm>

IF it is proven DM arranged a murder, even without dirtying his own hands, he would still be guilty of 1st degree murder.

Absolutely SB. But maybe in his warped, intelligent mind he may find it easier to live with himself knowing he didn't do the actual murder. And maybe his definition of murder is someone who actually does the physical deed. Semantics, just as he told people his dad died from an aneurysm or bleeding from the brain. His warped way of saying he doesn't/didn't lie. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties