Laura Babcock: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich charged w/Murder in the First Degree #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carli, the 9 minute call and the 10 minute call were to someone else. Those are a different number than DM's. There was, however, a 23 (?) minute call to DM on July 1st.

Thanks for the correction Alethea. You know that's exactly what I thought, but on a second look at the phone bill, my auld eyes deceived me. I think the correct Sun July 1 sequence went like this: Messages to an Oshawa and second mess to a Toronto number, followed by a 9 minute outgoing call at 3:17 pm. This was immediately followed by a 20 minute incoming call or possibly call interrupt then followed immediately by a further 10 minute conversation with the same person as the 9 minute call. She left a message for DM at abt 10 to 7 pm, and then, about an hour later, called him again, which appears to have led to a 23 minute conversation.

During the 3 day period, she placed 28 calls and 1 voice mail to various people and received 7 calls. All of the phone numbers appear to be cel phones.

I find it sad that, whatever LB was going through at the time, she didn't feel she could, or didn't want to, contact her family or even SL for a place to stay.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/05/19/laura-babcock-dellen-millard_n_3304096.html

Taking her dog to her parents seems quite final for Laura if we are to believe how much she loved her dog. The many phone calls to friends may have been her final goodbyes. It is possible she took her own life.....but where ?

If not then she may have known she was in danger and was trying to call for help.... it seems odd to me that she did not stay at the place SL arranged for her, and that she did not appear to call him just prior to going missing, but did call people she had not spoken to in a year. JMO

DM also travelled throughout Europe with his family in the summer of 2012. Most of the photos of the trip have been removed from FB but it appears that he was in Croatia in June and Greece in August, so it is possible (but not confirmed) he was out of the country for the entire summer.

I don't think so, because Laura Babcock's ex claims to have met in person with DM at some point in the weeks after Laura went missing (late June/early July).

I don't think so, because Laura Babcock's ex claims to have met in person with DM at some point in the weeks after Laura went missing (late June/early July).

SL met with DM after LB's phone bill arrived in the mail and he saw the several calls that were made between the two. Typically phone bills are mailed out either in the middle of the month or the end of the month, so it is possible that the bill showing the calls made in early July was not received until mid-to-late July or even early August. By the time LB's parents told SL about the bill and DM finally texted him back, it could have been mid-to-late August before they met up to discuss the calls.

IIRC LB last "seen" June 26 2012 .... her 8 final ph calls were to DM July 3 2012

SL met with DM after LB's phone bill arrived in the mail and he saw the several calls that were made between the two. Typically phone bills are mailed out either in the middle of the month or the end of the month, so it is possible that the bill showing the calls made in early July was not received until mid-to-late July or even early August. By the time LB's parents told SL about the bill and DM finally texted him back, it could have been late August before they met up to discuss the calls.

It appears the last entry for that billing period was July 3 because "Total Wireless Usage" is summarized under that call, followed by the subtitle "Details of Data Usage". I would tend to think, of the two potential billing cycles you mention, a cut-off of July 3 would result in that bill hitting the mid-month mailing.

Although this thread is getting off topic....but since we're discussing it, is there a screen shot of LB's phone bill that shows the billing date? I've been searching, but have not been able to find anything. This information is usually on bills, and would be helpful to know if the bill date was July 3rd, or even 4th, in determining a) an estimation of when her bill would be mailed/received b)if there would have been another bill afterward showing further phone calls past July 3rd.
If her bill date was not until say the 15th, then it proves her phone was unused for roughly 2 weeks, and it's arrival in the mail would be close to the time SL confronted DM on July 27th, according to AD's link posted earlier.

ETA
so, still not a screenshot showing the bill date, but adds to the timeline IMO
Lerner said about a month after her disappearance Babcock’s cellphone bill came in the mail.
http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/17/family-says-missing-toronto-woman-knew-dellen-millard/
I doubt that her bill would take close to a month to arrive by mail, so based on this I'm guessing her bill date is actually closer to mid month than the beginning. I don't receive my cell phone bill by mail, but for reference I do receive my hydro bill by mail and my most recent bill has a billing date of Aug 26th, and I received it in the mailbox on Aug 29th. JMO

Bringing over from another thread, in answer to skatergirl's post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9800277&postcount=903"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Incinerator[/ame]

We didn't get to see anything other than the last portion of the call log, so no visible billing date:

Attachments

• Laura Babcock - phone bill.jpg
    Laura Babcock - phone bill.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 26
Bringing over from another thread, in answer to skatergirl's post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Incinerator

We didn't get to see anything other than the last portion of the call log, so no visible billing date:

Thanks for that SB, but I also found this, edited my other post to add it, but will post here too

Quote:
Lerner said about a month after her disappearance Babcock’s cellphone bill came in the mail.
http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/17/fa...ellen-millard/
I doubt that her bill would take close to a month to arrive by mail, so based on this I'm guessing her bill date is actually closer to mid month than the beginning. I don't receive my cell phone bill by mail, but for reference I do receive my hydro bill by mail and my most recent bill has a billing date of Aug 26th, and I received it in the mailbox on Aug 29th. JMO

Thanks for that SB, but I also found this, edited my other post to add it, but will post here too

But wait ... if the last call on that July bill was July 3 (as appears from the screenshot ^^), and her billing date wasn't until mid-month or later, then what date could LE possibly be referring to when they said DM was not the last person she contacted?? He was on the July bill, and surely a subsequent August mid-month bill wouldn't contain calls commencing July 4. Hmm?

But wait ... if the last call on that July bill was July 3 (as appears from the screenshot ^^), and her billing date wasn't until mid-month or later, then what date could LE possibly be referring to when they said DM was not the last person she contacted?? He was on the July bill, and surely a subsequent August mid-month bill wouldn't contain calls commencing July 4. Hmm?

Could be referring to other forms of contact than by her cell? Facebook, emails maybe? MOO

At about 0:53-0:54 seconds at this link, some dates can be seen in the top right corner of the bill, but they are not in very good focus, maybe someone would have better luck trying to get this part clear than I am having?

ETA-I have posted a link twice, and each time I post it, a different link actually appears in the post...no idea how to fix that problem. Anyway, posted a screenshot of the bill a few posts after this one

This got me curious so I looked mine up. I just switched to paperless so received both a paper bill and an e-mail bill this month. My billing date is the 5th and I received the e-mail bill on the 9th, but I didn't receive the paper one until last Wednesday or Thursday, the 21st or 22nd.

Edit: Just saw cansleuther's post up above. I guess that explains why mine was coming so late.

Sorry, just a little tech challenged at the moment. This is my first time attaching a file, hope it works this time

so, in the top right corner there are some dates, maybe someone knows how to clear them up a bit?

Attachments

• screenshot010913.jpg
    screenshot010913.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 25
Sorry, just a little tech challenged at the moment. This is my first time attaching a file, hope it works this time

so, in the top right corner there are some dates, maybe someone knows how to clear them up a bit?

Because it's an attachment SG, I cannot enlarge. With your original open, hold down CTRL and tap on the plus sign and see if enlarging it at your end makes it any bigger and clear to make out. HTH.

I zoomed up on the ipad and the second line looks like it says ________ Payment Date Aug 11. Not sure about the first date.

LB's phone records show DM was the last person to have contact via cell phone with her. SL reported her missing July 14, 2012.

Police now also have extensive phone records for Babcock, which show she was in contact with Millard after she was last seen on June 26, 2012.

It has been reported that LB had spoken with others after speaking with DM.... has been posted a few times already.....moo

It has been reported that LB had spoken with others after speaking with DM.... has been posted a few times already.....moo

I would be helpful if you could provide a link with that information. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members