Laura Babcock: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich charged w/Murder in the First Degree #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UBM Respectfully and again, read my post.<modsnip> Snipped for you to clarify. HTH.

avoided other employees at Millardair from overhearing at least one confrontation/discussion between SA,

To be technical here, employees were privy to more information and issues going on at the hangar. As the one article said, As far as Mr. Sharif and other executives at the company were concerned, Dellen and his red mohawk spelled trouble. It would be more direct and helpful in their investigation for LE to talk to Millardair employees. As opposed to figuring out restaurants DM visited to hash out issues with others. Of course unless he flew off the handle in front of patrons at a restaurant or coffee house, and started a scene, which I believe was the scenario at the hangar with AS. :moo:

BBM - Yes I would if I cared about the missing person. Matter of fact even if I didn't like the missing person I would still try to help out and not evade and lie about something as serious as a disappearance of ANYONE whether it be child, teen, adult, elderly, black, white, green, pimp or prostitue. You can be certain he was well aware LE were looking for information regarding LB. If he is innocent, why not go to LE and discuss with them what he knew? He had nothing to hide. He denied her drugs. He didn't because he knows something about her disappearance. IMHO and HTH.

Just a side note - and one that's been mentioned before - that red mohawk only existed temporarily as part of the getup for the Baha 500 race 2 years ago, in 2011 Those familiar with this huge event will know about the flamboyance of most participants - the red and blue mohawks of DM's team are mild in comparison. The point is that AS certainly has a remarkable memory as he was contracted to MillardAir in 2012 as were most of the other key executives who were part of the hangar expansion - a year after DM was briefly sporting the red mohawk. But AS seems to have been able to summon up even more extraordinary memories of a time when there were various private vehicles stored at the hangar. This, of course, was reportedly the old hangar, not the Waterloo premises, where photographs show no such issue. Then again, we know AS had a number of critical opinions, including his observation that the boss didn't show up to work on time. If you think his are valid views for an employee please imagine, for a moment, walking into your boss' office and recommending that he work harder and pay more attention to his personal appearance. Oh yeah. That could happen. :bang: :moo:

1. I had actually quoted swedie's post not yours. So I didnt misunderstand your post; you were clear IMO.
<rsbm>

Sorry Snoofo ... I am confused, but in my defence, your nicks both start with "S" ;)

jk

rsbm

How was he well aware that LE was looking for information about LB? It doesn't sound like LE did much searching or talking to people at all at the time. Or that it was widely announced that she was even missing.

JMO

HTH
Ms. Babcock, 23, was reported missing in early July, 2012. When police asked her ex-boyfriend, Shawn Lerner, for a list of Ms. Babcock’s friends, he mentioned Mr. Millard.

“I didn’t think there was anything suspicious about him or anything,” said Mr. Lerner.

But when Mr. Lerner obtained the missing woman’s final phone records from her parents, he noticed eight calls between Ms. Babcock and Mr. Millard on July 2 and 3.

Mr. Lerner passed along the phone records to police, but “they never followed up on those leads as far as I can tell.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...en-millard-and-missing-woman/article12015795/

Oh I read that. Probably a million time now during this forum. Nowhere does it say AS got a free meal out of DM as suggested in the post I was referring to. Very well could have been dutch treat, maybe AS paid. Nothing to indicate DM paid for AS or SL's meal or coffee your article AD. Thanks for trying though. :seeya: In one article someone claimed DM was generous with gifts and picking up their tab at restaurants, but SA does not say DM paid his way. Unless I missed that article...that is why I am asking for a link/verification. HTH and MOO

Sorry, I didn't realize you meant a link for who paid. Generally, in a business environment, the person who does the inviting is the person who pays. I'm not sure why it matters though.

JMO

Then again, we know AS had a number of critical opinions, including his observation that the boss didn't show up to work on time. If you think his are valid views for an employee please imagine, for a moment, walking into your boss' office and recommending that he work harder and pay more attention to his personal appearance. Oh yeah. That could happen. :bang: :moo:
<rsbm>

I still have a problem with equating a consultant to an employee.

I've worked for large organizations where we have hired public relations consultants and labour relations consultants. They were hired because we wanted recommendations from experts in the field. Yes, they were paid big bucks for their expertise that we would rely on. When they made suggestions, we listened, generally accepted their expert opinions, and acted on their advice.

Employees, on the other hand, were people where, as management, we made the decisions and they carried out their duties as directed.

HTH
Ms. Babcock, 23, was reported missing in early July, 2012. When police asked her ex-boyfriend, Shawn Lerner, for a list of Ms. Babcock’s friends, he mentioned Mr. Millard.

“I didn’t think there was anything suspicious about him or anything,” said Mr. Lerner.

But when Mr. Lerner obtained the missing woman’s final phone records from her parents, he noticed eight calls between Ms. Babcock and Mr. Millard on July 2 and 3.

Mr. Lerner passed along the phone records to police, but “they never followed up on those leads as far as I can tell.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...en-millard-and-missing-woman/article12015795/

That link says that LE never followed up on the leads from the phone records.

And LE said they weren't aware of the phone connection until after DM was arrested.

Carbone said police became aware of the phone connection after Millard’s arrest in relation to the disappearance of Ancaster, Ont. father Bosma.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/06/04/police-link-tim-bosma-suspect-dellen-millard-to-missing-woman-laura-babcock-through-phone-records/

So I guess my question still is, how was DM "well aware LE were looking for information" back in July of 2012?

Just a side note - and one that's been mentioned before - that red mohawk only existed temporarily as part of the getup for the Baha 500 race 2 years ago, in 2011 Those familiar with this huge event will know about the flamboyance of most participants - the red and blue mohawks of DM's team are mild in comparison. The point is that AS certainly has a remarkable memory as he was contracted to MillardAir in 2012 as were most of the other key executives who were part of the hangar expansion - a year after DM was briefly sporting the red mohawk. But AS seems to have been able to summon up even more extraordinary memories of a time when there were various private vehicles stored at the hangar. This, of course, was reportedly the old hangar, not the Waterloo premises, where photographs show no such issue. Then again, we know AS had a number of critical opinions, including his observation that the boss didn't show up to work on time. If you think his are valid views for an employee please imagine, for a moment, walking into your boss' office and recommending that he work harder and pay more attention to his personal appearance. Oh yeah. That could happen. :bang: :moo:

BBM - Just a side note that there are numerous photos out there showing the messy new Waterloo hangar. Unfortunately I cannot post them as per TOS. HTH. So if you are interested in seeing them please feel free to sleuth them out just as I had. HTH.

I have no intention of further discussing SA who clearly has an post secondary education, might I add, who comes across as a professional person who takes his responsibilities to heart and seriously, had the guts to come face to face with a reporter, (not to mention, along with a brief input from other executive employees), to state what his (their) experience was like working for Millardair, the road blocks that were set in his path by DM in an honest effort of getting this business off the ground without the cooperation of the CEO who knew very little about his own business, lacked ambition and desire, throwing the towel in before giving anyone a chance, undetected vehicle theft/harbouring criminal, 27 y o CEO. HTH. BTW, I can find absolutely NOTHING on the www to indicate SA is a bad guy, who ripped people off, was a hot headed business development consultant (other than rumored/assumed here), should laziness or lack of concern in his profession, ect. since he has came forward in this case. BUT there is a huge abundance of negative information out there regarding DM. Again, HTH.

One thing I will enjoy immensely, is the day DM and MS get their guilty of murder verdicts read to them and are sentenced to prison for their evilness and ignorance of taking an innocent man's life over a truck. I know the day will come and when it does, BANG! all the devil's advocates will scramble like <modsnips> when the lights come on. Just like in the VS case. JMHO.

One thing I will enjoy immensely, is the day DM and MS get their guilty of murder verdicts read to them and are sentenced to prison for their evilness and ignorance of taking an innocent man's life over a truck. I know the day will come and when it does, BANG! all the devil's advocates will scramble like coach roaches when the lights come on. Just like in the VS case. JMHO.

Who is VS?

<rsbm>

I've worked for large organizations where we have hired public relations consultants and labour relations consultants. They were hired because we wanted recommendations from experts in the field. Yes, they were paid big bucks for their expertise that we would rely on. When they made suggestions, we listened, generally accepted their expert opinions, and acted on their advice.

Employees, on the other hand, were people where, as management, we made the decisions and they carried out their duties as directed.

Good point. Of course, as you note, consultants like AS are hired to rouse up business and, if required to that end, to offer helpful business advice to their client. Whether such advice would include criticism of a client's personality, behavior or hairstyle seems iffy, imo. Generally speaking, in the free lance consulting game, speaking ill of one's clients, even if the guy was a Class A jackass, is probably unwise. That's just common sense. The next client may be hard to find if prospects decide you could be deriding them behind their backs the minute you get the chance. MOO IMO.

So I guess my question still is, how was DM "well aware LE were looking for information" back in July of 2012?
<rsbm>

LB was reported missing in early July, and SL would have approached DM after the phone records became available (August ??). Presumably SL's conversation with DM would include the fact that LE had been notified and was investigating her disappearance. SL may have also mentioned that he gave DM's name to LE when they asked for names of LB's friends.

ETA: Also, IIRC, SL said he had contacted DM prior to receiving the phone records and DM denied having contact with LB.

Good point. Of course, as you note, consultants like AS are hired to rouse up business and, if required to that end, to offer helpful business advice to their client. Whether such advice would include criticism of a client's personality, behavior or hairstyle seems iffy, imo. Generally speaking, in the free lance consulting game, speaking ill of one's clients, even if the guy was a Class A jackass, is probably unwise. That's just common sense. The next client may be hard to find if prospects decide you could be deriding them behind their backs the minute you get the chance. MOO IMO.

Yabut ;) ... the minute he got a chance was after his (now former) client was sitting in jail accused of 1st degree murder. Perhaps AS is just a little more shoot-from-the-hip kinda guy than one who is strictly interested in future prospects, and I believe was smart enough not to express such perceived inadequacies while DM was still in a position to call the shots.

UBM Respectfully and again, read my post.<modsnip> Snipped for you to clarify. HTH.

avoided other employees at Millardair from overhearing at least one confrontation/discussion between SA,

To be technical here, employees were privy to more information and issues going on at the hangar. As the one article said, As far as Mr. Sharif and other executives at the company were concerned, Dellen and his red mohawk spelled trouble. It would be more direct and helpful in their investigation for LE to talk to Millardair employees. As opposed to figuring out restaurants DM visited to hash out issues with others. Of course unless he flew off the handle in front of patrons at a restaurant or coffee house, and started a scene, which I believe was the scenario at the hangar with AS. :moo:

BBM - Yes I would if I cared about the missing person. Matter of fact even if I didn't like the missing person I would still try to help out and not evade and lie about something as serious as a disappearance of ANYONE whether it be child, teen, adult, elderly, black, white, green, pimp or prostitue. You can be certain he was well aware LE were looking for information regarding LB. If he is innocent, why not go to LE and discuss with them what he knew? He had nothing to hide. He denied her drugs. He didn't because he knows something about her disappearance. IMHO and HTH.

BBM

Great point, Swedie! DM was well aware of LB's disappearance, and no matter what the final discussion was with SL (or even if he was or wasn't the last person she spoke to), he was at least made aware of the fact that he was one of the last people to have had contact with her. If he had nothing to hide, why wouldn't he just speak to LE, and let them decide if anything he had to say would be helpful in the investigation. I see how some of the people she associated with before her disappearance may not have been willing to come forward due to their own illegal activities (possibly drugs, prostitution, etc), but I can't see why DM didn't spare a few minutes out of his day to speak to LE and possibly help a friend. MOO

BBM

When clicking on the first item for sale (jack set) from March 24, 2013, there still seems to be a lot of non-aviation equipment stored in the hangar. MOO

http://www.thingsforacftsupport.com/vendors/MillardAir/MillardAir.html

It had to be terribly frustrating to work to accomplish the task of establishing a startup MRO, only to be held back from actual work beginning by a simple(in AS's view) task as DM removing his(DM"s) items from the hanger.

No reputable Company with the need for Aviation MRO is going to do business (and in some cases may be prevented from doing business by FAA, TC)with a company prior to pre contract inspection and/or validating safety/security measures.

Would anyone here fly a commercial jet "MROed"with the conditions you now know of surrounding that hangar, the lack of security, the stolen property?

One thing I will enjoy immensely, is the day DM and MS get their guilty of murder verdicts read to them and are sentenced to prison for their evilness and ignorance of taking an innocent man's life over a truck. I know the day will come and when it does, BANG! all the devil's advocates will scramble like <modsnips> when the lights come on. Just like in the VS case. JMHO.

Far be it from me to presume to speak for all <modsnip> or scrambling devil's advocates either, but for myself I'll be happy when the evidence against these two finally becomes part of the public record and debated in the courts - assuming this case ever even gets that far. MOO IMHO

It seems DM likes to "buy time" with avoidance or controlling techniques when confronted with uncomfortable situations.

SBM

Forgive me a slip OT, sillybilly, but who doesn't choose to buy time with avoidance or controlling techniques when confronted with uncomfortable situations? But then, I've parented teenagers and grandchildren. Would phrases like "Go to your room!" and "Wait 'til your father hears about this!" have ever come into existence otherwise? :moo: That simple observation, of course, is not meant to excuse behaviors of either the leaders of industry or the murderers among us. IMO IMHO MOO.

BBM Can you provide the link DM took AS out for a meal. I find it odd and amusing how everyone else is assumed to have a temper except DM himself. DM the problem solver/diffuser, who ends up being arrested for murder, claims he's innocent but cannot help LE one iota to find the perps who framed him. DM the guy who evades the investigation of a female friend. DM who had to rely on AS to drum up business for him because he's that intelligent and logical, but somehow managed to get into heated discussions with people. DM definitely does sound like he carries the spoiled brat complex along with other issues. :moo:

It is the same, one and only article quoting AS, as has been kindly posted by now. From every business situation I have ever encountered where one person suggests going out for a meal, that person picks up the tab. There has been another article where it was posted that DM always picked up the tabs for his friends. Also, typically if a boss suggests a meal to an employee, the company or boss pays. Personally, I find who paid to be beside the point, what I find more telling is that when the discussion got heated, DM suggested that they discuss it over dinner. From what I have seen in real life, it is never the person who is getting upset, loud or heated who suggests a calmer meeting another time, usually the yeller wants to continue yelling and the calm one makes suggestions to cool the situation, such as taking a little time or space apart to allow the upset person to regain their composure and re-collect their wits, and in essence, calm down. I have personally never seen a person in a heated argument ever yell, 'Perhaps we should discuss this over dinner!' into the face of a calm person, but that's just me. In the article, it seems to me that AS is himself implying that it was DM who was the cooler head in the situation.

And I agree with you, he cannot help LE at this point, because anything and everything he says will be used against him. How would it help him to say things that will be used against him? Did he evade the investigation of a friend, where is the proof that LE investigated him for LB's disappearance last summer? I think if LE did investigate him then regarding LB, LE would have some record of that, and if he evaded questioning by LE, it would have made him seem more suspicious then, prompting further investigation. Which according to both SL and LE, never happened.

It seems like DM is here being condemned for relying on AS to drum up business, when that was the whole point of hiring AS. That does not make DM look unintelligent or illogical. How many companies have their CEO as their sales person as well?

<rsbm>

Were you the owner and CEO of these organizations while the consultants worked there? I think, that if you were personally paying their salary, you might think of a consultant as an employee, in my opinion and experience.

<rsbm>

LB was reported missing in early July, and SL would have approached DM after the phone records became available (August ??). Presumably SL's conversation with DM would include the fact that LE had been notified and was investigating her disappearance. SL may have also mentioned that he gave DM's name to LE when they asked for names of LB's friends.

ETA: Also, IIRC, SL said he had contacted DM prior to receiving the phone records and DM denied having contact with LB.

I don't think we can presume that SL told DM that LE had been notified, considering that he said LE were even reluctant to take the missing person report at first.

Lerner said police were at first reluctant to take the missing persons report. Police from Toronto’s homicide squad confirmed to CTV News that as far as they were concerned, nothing seemed suspicious about Babcock’s case until Millard was arrested in connection with Bosma’s death.

“They say that first of all, that I’m not a family member and she’s only been missing for a couple of weeks now… that I had no right to know where she was and no cause to be concerned about her whereabouts,” Lerner said.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-probe-link-between-bosma-suspect-missing-woman-1.1286814

I don't remember anything about SL contacting him before he had the phone bill, although he did say that he had given DM's name to LE along with some other names. Would you happen to have a link?

TIA

In this interview, SL didn't say that DM denied receiving any calls or texts. Only that he didn't think there were that many.

Despite being only an acquaintance of the man, Mr. Lerner contacted Mr. Millard to inquire about the string of phone calls. He says Mr. Millard refused to discuss the matter over text messages, so the two met for coffee.

&#8220;First he denied it, he said &#8216;There couldn&#8217;t have been eight calls,&#8217;&#8221; Mr. Lerner said. &#8220;But I had the records in my bag.&#8221;

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/18/missing-woman-reportedly-contacted-murder-suspect-dellen-millard-before-her-disappearance/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member