Laura Babcock: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich charged w/Murder in the First Degree #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another link to press conference at 3 pm

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QmW20ABYNQ&feature=share"]@TPSHomicide Press Conference 3pm Thurs April 10/2014 - YouTube[/ame]

I am also shocked that Smich was involved all along but not surprised that a third suspect didn't come along.

Did she snitch? Was she with them when it happened? They have always said that there was a third person that police would not name.

Dad :(
Laura :(
Tim :(

How many more were taken by these two lunatics.

I can not wait for the details to come out to explain how in God's name this all came together.

May they all rest in peace now that their killers are found and charged.

I think it's being delayed a bit due to the announcement of Jim Flaherty's death.

I hope they notified Laura's family before the broadcast. They had been holding out hope, especially when they interviewed her parents.

I hope they notified Laura's family before the broadcast. They had been holding out hope, especially when they interviewed her parents.
Babcock’s parents earlier told the Star that they had for months received no updates from police on their daughter’s disappearance and believed the case had fallen off the radar when the officer in charge moved to a new post.

On Thursday, her father Clayton Babcock told the Star he was informed of a pending announcement about his daughter.

“There’s always a glimmer of hope,” Babcock told the Star dejectedly from his Etobicoke home. “Even though it may seem far fetched.”
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...sma_killing_charged_with_2_more_murders.html#

I knew it!!!! anyways just read about this new release of info today, i knew he killed his father as it was very odd about everything! an now we know he also killed his gf, wow just so sad, may they R.I.P and i wish he'd get hung, but we don't have the death penalty

RIP Laura and sincere condolences to Laura's family.

Also another thank-you to Laura's ex-boyfriend who worked very hard at getting TPS attention that Millard was involved in her disappearance - you did a fine job young man.

I am so glad that communities like this one exist, as when this case first broke with the Bosma killing, so many people on here provided viable leads that may have indirectly contributed to the charges laid today!

Hope all the guilty parties get what's coming to them :jail:

Seriously, did he just get his name wrong? Dylan instead of Dellen? I guess that TPS have more worries than mispronouncing a name....a young woman's disappearance went forever without follow up while the suspected murders were able to continue on their spree. I can't wait to see the bill to the taxpayers when there is a special "Commission" to discover how this incompetence happened.

Interesting choice of word there, dotr.

Depending on that motive, I'd like to see these birds investigated in the Audrey Gleave case that happened in Ancaster not far from the Bosma residence ... just thinking of the proximity, vehicle, and the exceptionally horrific nature of both Tim and Audrey's death.

Probably nothing, but I'd like to know they are ruled out. JMO

Depending on that motive, I'd like to see these birds investigated in the Audrey Gleave case that happened in Ancaster not far from the Bosma residence ... just thinking of the proximity, vehicle, and the exceptionally horrific nature of both Tim and Audrey's death.

You've said that a few times here, and I also think an investigation would be worth LE's time. :twocents:

:yes:

Was Dellen ever questioned by police about Laura when she went missing?
His number was one of the last she called. He said she'd been calling him to find drugs. Let me see if I can find a link for you.

This is one link.

On Saturday Babcock’s former boyfriend Shawn Lerner told CityNews Millard was the last person Laura contacted on her cellphone before she went missing last June.
Lerner said that after he and Babcock broke up she began a relationship with Dellen Millard.

“What I’d heard from a friend was that Laura and he had started seeing each other romantically some time between we broke up and when she went missing,” he said.
At the time of her disappearance Babcock was apparently suffering from depression and was considered a runaway.

Lerner said about a month after her disappearance Babcock’s cellphone bill came in the mail. The bill apparently showed eight phone calls, including the last call she made before vanishing, were to Millard.
http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/17/family-says-missing-toronto-woman-knew-dellen-millard/

ETA: Looking back, I'm not sure that LE did question him at the time.

The original investigators tasked with finding Ms. Babcock were never aware of any relationship with Dellen Millard, Sgt. Woodhouse said. The phone records didn’t come to police’s attention at the time either, he said.

“In this case we had no idea where Laura was living at the time, who her circle of friends were, what she was doing,” said Sgt. Woodhouse, who has since taken another position within Toronto Police and is no longer assigned to the case.

“In a city of 3 million people, where do you start?” he said. “We did the standard press release and put her picture out there… We followed the leads that we had.”
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...pect-dellen-millard-before-her-disappearance/

Guess we should get busy sleuthing that one. ;)

Seriously, that's a question to keep one up at night. What on earth brought them together? The cars? Money? Drugs?

I think one is the useful idiot of the other. Then that swaps per situation.

I so agree with you....

Yes. His number was one of the last she called. He said she'd been calling him to find drugs. Let me see if I can find a link for you.

I think I remember the boyfriend asking Dellen questions about the phone calls. I want to confirm that he was questioned by police back then too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking