Laura Babcock: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich charged w/ Murder in the First Degree #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ann Brocklehurst‏ @AnnB03 [video=twitter;918431968349642752]https://twitter.com/AnnB03/status/918431968349642752[/video]

Jury selection gets underway today in Laura Babcock murder trial. Trial of Dellen Millard, Mark Smich expected to begin Monday, Oct 23. 1)

In case anybody wondered what Patreon is, this is pretty interesting. There's a Canadian journalist named Jesse Brown who struck out on his own and got patrons to fund him through Patreon...meaning ordinary subscribers, a couple bucks here and there.

He was able to get on the trail of the Jian Ghomeshi scandal months before the rest of the media did and when the story broke that JG had left the CBC, JB was the first one to be able to say what had happened.

His podcast is called CANADALAND and he is a media and government critic: he questions the current government on their actions and he watches what the newspapers and websites in Canada choose to cover and how they cover it. Politics, I guess you'd say. He now has the support to fund a team around him, so subscribers built up a media outlet where once there was none.

He was able to get off clumsy free services like Wordpress, Facebook and all that and make a high quality website with free content and employ people to create more content. He's got enough support that he now suggests pitching in for $1/month, totally optional.

So that is what a journalistic success story looks like nowadays. We will probably see a lot of smaller, unique, niche media outlets like what ABro is trying to do, speaking to a very specific audience, delivering real time news, plus commentary. The bigger the community, the more support, the fancier the content, the cheaper the access.

I am following a bunch of journos on Twitter and I can say the only one out there today was ABro. Others can't even say whether they will be covering this story because they haven't been assigned.

Thank you to everyone that can post updates and tweets. Sorry to hear Laura's trial won't be covered like Tim's was but she deserves justice and I for one will be following along with you.

IIRC the underlined portion of this article has never been made public has it? MOO.

Babcock, 23, was murdered on the night of July 3 or July 4, 2012. She was allegedly killed at Millard’s home at 5 Maple Gate Court in Etobicoke, added Code. Her body and her remains have never been found, said the judge.

It is estimated to last up to 10 weeks.The judge said the trial may end before Dec. 22, 2017, but if it should go past that deadline, jury members will still get a two-week Christmas break.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/10/12/laura-babcock-murdered-and-cremated-court-hears

IIRC the underlined portion of this article has never been made public has it? MOO.
Babcock, 23, was murdered on the night of July 3 or July 4, 2012. She was allegedly killed at Millard’s home at 5 Maple Gate Court in Etobicoke, added Code. Her body and her remains have never been found, said the judge.

It is estimated to last up to 10 weeks.The judge said the trial may end before Dec. 22, 2017, but if it should go past that deadline, jury members will still get a two-week Christmas break.

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/10/12/laura-babcock-murdered-and-cremated-court-hears

Wow. I don't remember that detail at all. Is that the house he lived at with his dad?

Wow. I don't remember that detail at all. Is that the house he lived at with his dad?

Yup that's the house. Same house where his father died.

That house was very busy.

I really think that everyone is going to find out at this trial what psycho killers these two really were. At the Tim Bosma trial, so much info was covered under a publication ban to protect the integrity of this trial. I hope that once proven guilty, they will spend the next fifty years in jail. They have no respect for human life!

I wonder if being a notorious site of two murders will lead to 5 Maple Gate being torn down.

Is it not bizarre that both DM and MW were millionaires yet they managed to get themselves involved in all of these very serious crimes?

I just looked at my personal timeline. DM first mentioned an incinerator (homemade) to SS on May 16th. On June 9th, DM tells MS the incinerator (homemade) is ready. On June 21st, the Eliminator is purchased from the US, and it is delivered to the hangar on July 5th.

I wonder if they held off on killing LB until they knew the Eliminator would be available.

I wonder if being a notorious site of two murders will lead to 5 Maple Gate being torn down.

Is it not bizarre that both DM and MW were millionaires yet they managed to get themselves involved in all of these very serious crimes?

Doubt it. As far as I know, the couple who bought it have done major renovations and have been there for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doubt it. As far as I know, the couple who bought it have done major renovations and have been there for a while.

Wasn't it DP's petrified sink business partner that first bought it...did he flip it already?

Wasn't it DP's petrified sink business partner that first bought it...did he flip it already?

LOL! I have no clue who that is. Whoever bought it has cleaned it up and renovated.

Susan Clairmont‏ @susanclairmont
That is so sweet!!! I would love to be there, but we will have coverage from @TorontoStar.

Ann Brocklehurst‏ @AnnB03
I will be there for at least the first week. I'm sure @TorontoStar @nationalpost Toronto Sun, CP will have journos there for Crown 1)

opening on Oct 23 and for key witnesses. Unfortunately coverage of this trial is being affected by the terrible financial situation 2)

of major media. Organizations simply no longer have the staff and budget to cover a trial day in and day out. You can help by paying for 3)

news. Giving it away for free is not a viable financial business model and we're now all feeling the effects. I hope that didn't sound 4)

preachy. I didn't mean it that way. It's just reality. Someone has to pay journalists' salaries 5/5

Susan Clairmont‏ @susanclairmont
That is so sweet!!! I would love to be there, but we will have coverage from @TorontoStar.

I will be there for at least the first week. I'm sure @TorontoStar @nationalpost Toronto Sun, CP will have journos there for Crown 1)

opening on Oct 23 and for key witnesses. Unfortunately coverage of this trial is being affected by the terrible financial situation 2)

of major media. Organizations simply no longer have the staff and budget to cover a trial day in and day out. You can help by paying for 3)

news. Giving it away for free is not a viable financial business model and we're now all feeling the effects. I hope that didn't sound 4)

preachy. I didn't mean it that way. It's just reality. Someone has to pay journalists' salaries 5/5
It's this the new way now? Paying for the news? I've never heard of this before. Unless you're talking about a good old fashioned news paper.

Is this because MSM won't pay these journalists to report the story so they will find interested parties and just tell them what's going on? They better get a ton of subscribers to make it worth while.

I assume any big news would be covered by MSM.
Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

It's this the new way now? Paying for the news? I've never heard of this before. Unless you're talking about a good old fashioned news paper.

Is this because MSM won't pay these journalists to report the story so they will find interested parties and just tell them what's going on? They better get a ton of subscribers to make it worth while.

It's just paying for content like a digital music, tv, newspaper subscription. Even software has gone from licences to subscriptions. It just depends on whether you are willing to wait a few hours, days, weeks to hear news come out or not I guess.

It's all good, I guess, if everyone agrees what is considered 'big news'... we would hope that LB's trial would be big enough to have major coverage, considering it's the second trial for same set of accuseds for another bizarre murder/body disappearance, but yet none of them seem to be sending anyone to cover it. Sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties