Laura Babcock: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich charged w/ Murder in the First Degree #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
31-year-old Dellen Millard of Etobicoke, sat in the prisoner box wearing blue jeans and a fitted jacket over a blue checkered shirt, his long hair fastened in a pony tail, and dark framed glasses on his face. He is mostly representing himself at this trial, but has a lawyer lined up for some arguments.

http://www.chch.com/jury-selection-begins-laura-babcock-murder-trial/

Wow. Can anyone expand on how this will work exactly? What other trial has a murderer defended himself? Will there be more objections to his questioning since he's not a trained lawyer? Will he take longer in questioning?

Too bad there's no video of this trial.

I wondered if AM would be brought in to testify again. Did this happen while he was living at Maple Gate?

I'm also wondering if any of the gun dealers will be brought in to testify.

I have a feeling that this trial in particular is really going to show us a lot more of DM's deviant lifestyle

Agreed. I believe that AM and LB were friends before she met DM. I can't help but think that DM must have thought that he hit the jackpot when a year went by without LB's parents reporting her missing. Even after the link was made her mother didn't seem capable of accepting that there may have been a connection to DM. I feel for her parents because I think that her character will be dragged through the mud in this trial.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...n-s-parents-unfazed-by-millard-link-1.1354137

I really hope that MS takes the stand again and that DM (representing himself) cross examines him. There will inevitably be mudslinging between these two dopes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is that the one home that had the water running for hours and the hoses? There was quite a bit of discussion here about that as we tried to figure it out.

No.

The house on Maplegate is in Markland Woods. This was his childhood home where he lived with various roommates and his father. This is the house where his father died.

The house with hoses is in Toronto - west end - close to the Kingsway area south of Bloor. This was, I believe, a property he was working on and renovating. I think he stayed there at times as well. I also think he had some Tenants. It's been a while so some of the details are a bit cloudy.

It will be interesting to see if the handyman is brought in to testify. Maybe hoses ran for 24 hours after LB disappeared.

Wouldn't that speak volumes?

I wonder if Laura died in the same room as Wayne Millard? If Laura was shot in the same room as WM, the "suicide" may have also helped to cover up possible blood evidence and spatter in that room. JMO

I had occasion to drive past the Waterloo Regional Airport about 2 hours ago and of course, I always have a look at "the hangar".

It suddenly occurred to me that it's possible that DM and MS may have taken the Eliminator to the Hangar to "deal" with LB. There may be video of the Eliminator being lit just like it was for TB.

I also wonder if LE were able to go back and find text messages, pings etc., to fill in the blanks as to what happened to LB.

I just keep remembering how certain questions were asked and witnesses were told what NOT to discuss. I remember a Police Officer who searched CN's room saying she didn't know how she was supposed answer a particular question. I know they sent the Jury out and there was a discussion and then she answered the question. That happened quite frequently.

I think a lot of things in this trial will answer some lingering questions from the TB trial. I think I'm going to have to take a day or two and head to the courthouse and watch.

Edited to add: Remember the iPad found in MS's room. I'm waiting to hear that this was LB's that had been given to her by her former boyfriend.

Is that the one home that had the water running for hours and the hoses? There was quite a bit of discussion here about that as we tried to figure it out.

they never revealed why the water was running for so long...I thought maybe he wanted to bury something because the earth in Ontario has large clay source so it is difficult to dig

The Tim Bosma case was about 20 minutes from my home...it was so tragic because the guy just went out for a test drive and was killed 15 minutes later

I am curious about the boat rental testimony the renter said there was blood in the boat

It will be interesting to see if the handyman is brought in to testify. Maybe hoses ran for 24 hours after LB disappeared.

Wouldn't that speak volumes?
The hoses were over at the 6-plex on Riverside, not Maple Gate and that was shortly after TB's murder. LB was 10 months earlier. IMO, this may be really setting up the WM murder since WM would have been living in the home when LB was murdered. Too many questions? Did WM think DM had done something to LB?

Since they nailed MS for this as well, yet not for WM's, I'm thinking they have something pretty concrete. Maybe MM has turned for the Crown? Maybe WM had a diary or made notes suspecting DM was up to no good? Since they seemed comfortable with cell/text communication in TB's case, I'm thinking they did the same thing with LB. I have faith in LE and the Crown in this accidental discovery of a murder. DM's going down and he knows it, just looks like he's taking MS for another trip to the circus before they both double their time. MOO

I am curious about the boat rental testimony the renter said there was blood in the boat

Yes, that story was quickly brushed under the table. I wonder if we will hear about it again.

Does anyone care to refresh my memory as to why it's assumed LB was shot? Perhaps she was murdered by another method such as strangulation, blunt force trauma, someone ODed her, stabbed her, etc. MOO.

Wow. Can anyone expand on how this will work exactly? What other trial has a murderer defended himself? Will there be more objections to his questioning since he's not a trained lawyer? Will he take longer in questioning?

Too bad there's no video of this trial.

First murderer I thought of who defended himself in court was Ted Bundy. When he was arrested, he confessed to killing at least 30 women in seven states between 1974 and 1978 and authorities believe that he killed many others. He was put to death in 1989, in the electric chair, in Florida.

Canada does not allow the media to use cameras and recording devices in the courtrooms. MOO.

Agreed. I believe that AM and LB were friends before she met DM. I can't help but think that DM must have thought that he hit the jackpot when a year went by without LB's parents reporting her missing. Even after the link was made her mother didn't seem capable of accepting that there may have been a connection to DM. I feel for her parents because I think that her character will be dragged through the mud in this trial.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...n-s-parents-unfazed-by-millard-link-1.1354137

I really hope that MS takes the stand again and that DM (representing himself) cross examines him. There will inevitably be mudslinging between these two dopes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think they were friends too. AM sleeve tat with the angel girl looks a lot like LB and under it says I remember. CN and AM were both in the find laura Facebook group

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I had occasion to drive past the Waterloo Regional Airport about 2 hours ago and of course, I always have a look at "the hangar".

It suddenly occurred to me that it's possible that DM and MS may have taken the Eliminator to the Hangar to "deal" with LB. There may be video of the Eliminator being lit just like it was for TB.

I also wonder if LE were able to go back and find text messages, pings etc., to fill in the blanks as to what happened to LB.

I just keep remembering how certain questions were asked and witnesses were told what NOT to discuss. I remember a Police Officer who searched CN's room saying she didn't know how she was supposed answer a particular question. I know they sent the Jury out and there was a discussion and then she answered the question. That happened quite frequently.

I think a lot of things in this trial will answer some lingering questions from the TB trial. I think I'm going to have to take a day or two and head to the courthouse and watch.

Edited to add: Remember the iPad found in MS's room. I'm waiting to hear that this was LB's that had been given to her by her former boyfriend .

Bbm this is what I'm waiting for as well. The second all this iPad talk came up, it raised flags being the same one SL had. Moo

Yes this one too. I hope he is called to the stand. So many unanswered questions still

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member