Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.25.17 - Day 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newsflash. I just read on a fb group someone was at the trial the first day and they showed a picture of the tarp that MS put on the IPAD. The person said the tarp looks like containing a body. It had the rope around where the ankles would be and also shoulder area. Then some text messages that MS sent to DM asking what temperature needed for cremation. I wonder when the exhibits like the pictures will be released for the public to see. It is getting worse and worse by the minute. I just wish for this trial to be over. I don't want to hear any more of the gruesome details.

Also mentioned that there will be another person to testify that will back up the young man who testified today of the garage incident.

She was in Toronto in late August. She has a pic which appears to be pride day in Poland, posted in October, but Pride Day is in early June.

Saturday, October 7, 2017 was the pride festival and parade in Wrocław, Poland.

Made it up to the courtroom and actually caught a glimpse of both Millard and Smich. Speaking without prejudice, they look like normal young men, not what I expected at all. Smich looks relatively handsome now that he isn't so gaunt, Millard looks almost nerdy with his hair pulled behind his ears and with his glasses on. Just goes to show that you can't always spot evil, although they probably looked much different at the time of their arrest.

For those that have been to the courtroom, a couple of questions;
- Can you just walk in?
- Once in, can you leave when you want or do you have to wait for a recess?
- Where is the overflow room and do the same rules apply?

I can make it there on my lunch but would only have about 20 mins to sit in so I need to be able to dash lol.

I was there around 12:15 today (outside of the courtroom) and two police officers sitting near the doors were turning people away as the room was "at capacity".

Capacity restrictions aside, you are able to enter and leave at your will (to show respect, a quick bow in the judge's direction is normally done).

There is no overflow room to my knowledge (the officers certainly weren't directing anyone to a different room).

I too am limited during my lunch breaks. Hopefully one day I will get lucky and they will be taking a recess at the same time so I can line up for re-entry.

I wonder how the neighbors of the Smich s are feeling right now. The area they live in is a very tight-knit area and a lot of children. The neighbors must feel horrified that MS was hanging around the schools trying to sell cigarettes and that he would be around their children. I wonder if his mother will continue to live there. I know Oakville and I know that area, I am sure the neighbors are all horrified.

MB and JS were at the house when WM died. They came afterwards.

Yes, they came after the fact. I guess DM called them to let them know that WM "had shot himself".

One thing I remember from Tim's trial is that Smich and his gf were living in the house at the time, with WM and his father. They had a bedroom in the basement. No word on whether Smich was there on that particular day, or will admit to being there. If Smich wasn't around that day then I'm pretty sure he had knowledge of the killing. Killings were something they celebrated :(

Second any recommendation to read ABro's book. I just finished it and felt it laid out a lot of information very well.

Newsflash. I just read on a fb group someone was at the trial the first day and they showed a picture of the tarp that MS put on the IPAD. The person said the tarp looks like containing a body. It had the rope around where the ankles would be and also shoulder area. Then some text messages that MS sent to DM asking what temperature needed for cremation. I wonder when the exhibits like the pictures will be released for the public to see. It is getting worse and worse by the minute. I just wish for this trial to be over. I don't want to hear any more of the gruesome details.

I hope they are not released for the sake of Laura's family. I would not want to see the tarp.

Not sure I understand your post. In the first part you describe gruesome details from an observer, then you suggest you want to see the pictures, and end with not wanting to hear the gruesome details. Which is it?

I can't help thinking it's extra weird hearing about about all these degenerates drinking peach schnapps in Smich's garage. It sounds like something you would drink at a garden party.

Is it because it's cheap or has high alcohol content?

Cheap, high alcohol content, and it tastes like candy so wussy little punks can stomach it. These guys weren't man enough to drink Jack Daniels.

This was shown as part of the Crwons opening statement and widely reported in MSM. Exhibits will be available when they are entered into evidence, likely when the tech expert that swept the devices testifies. Have to explain how they were found to lend validity.

JMO, following the MSM tweets reposted here is the best way to follow to trial, along with reading daily recaps on newspapers. I don't think you'll find any breaking news of FB.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I'm actually disappointed by this. Blame it on my compulsive need to see good on people but I had really wanted to believe that the story he gave on the stand during the Bosma trial had some truth to it. That he was just idiot who went along to steal a truck as part of some equally stupid gangster fantasy they were all living and that DM killed Tim without MS's knowledge.

I'd really hoped that MS was only charged in Laura's case because of assumptions made from his proximity to DM. But from the opening statement onwards that pretty much went out the window.

Its sad. DM is clearly some sort of sociopath but I'd hoped that MS was a decent human who went horribly astray but there was still hope would be rehabilitated while in jail. It seems to me that by hitching his horse to DM he essentially committed suicide in a way.

I was right there with you. I thought up until this trial Mark just got tangled up with a bad crowd. Now given what has been shown so far I see how wrong I was. It was one of those gut sinking moments.

Also, hello everyone! My name is Brit. I am new here. I found this site a few months while re-reading up on Mr. Bosma's trial. I'm hoping to post here with you about this trial more frequently. :)

I was right there with you. I thought up until this trial Mark just got tangled up with a bad crowd. Now given what has been shown so far I see how wrong I was. It was one of those gut sinking moments.

Also, hello everyone! My name is Brit. I am new here. I found this site a few months while re-reading up on Mr. Bosma's trial. I'm hoping to post here with you about this trial more frequently. :)

Welcome! This site is awesome. We analyze and decipher every word spoken at trial, and it is interesting to see other people's' opinions.

I'm pretty sure the rule is once the jury announces there's a verdict you have an hour to get there or you're out of luck. I think that's why the Bosmas stuck right by the court house while they were waiting. MB lives in Keswick. The verdict was in Hamilton. According to google maps, that's a 1.5 hour drive in good traffic. Plus, its logical she'd stay away and avoid the media at that point.

She's virtually non existent online - How do you know she lives in Keswick?

Welcome, Brit. Many of us (myself included) have been actively following these cases since the announcement that TB was missing. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in open forum or PM and I’m sure one of us can clarify for you.

Good morning to all. I will post the CBC Live Blog in the Day 4 thread once they get underway. I'll check back in around 10 (but it has been starting quite late so far).

I would have to go back and search but my gut is telling me that one of the other "kids" , possibly AM, told police to look for Smich. Anyone else remember that?

Its in the court document for MS complaint about human rights where LE got tipped to check him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed