Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.26.17 - Day 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me more about the attire.
Is it the same for Provincial court and Federal court?
Is it the same across Canada?
Thanks.

In one of the tweets yesterday, it was noted that MS's mother is in the courtroom. She's been there all week.

I wonder why she's sitting in on this one? She never came to the Tim Bosma trial even once. In fact, she didn't even come for the verdict but one of his sisters did.

I wonder what brings her to this one? It can't be easy listening to all these things said about your child with evidence (pics and videos) to back it up.

Why would you think he didn't need a motive? TB's was the truck, LBs was because she was interfering in his relationship with CN, and WM was for his money.

BBM -LB was interfering in his and CN's relationship along with how many other women he was playing at the same time. JS and LW that we know of.

Originally it was LB who was dating DM and it seems CN who was dating DG on and off again, was impressed by this "older, richer" man DM, who most likely was swooning her and won her over. DM was using only using LB and when he couldn't shake her, at the insistence of CN, he decided to get rid of her for good. IMO CN should be thanking her lucky stars she is still alive. She knew too much and IMO would have suffered the same fate as LB once DM found someone better than her. ALL MOO.

I doubt that. It's not a sustainable business. He would have to somehow market that business, which involves telling people, who could easily turn you in if you tell the wrong person.

Simply put, I believe he got a thrill from murdering. LB was his convenient test case. She was being a nuisance to him, so he wanted her out of his life (and probably wanted revenge for telling CN that they were still sleeping together). Once he got a taste of killing, he probably got the urge to do it again. And (if convicted) he got away with two murders without anyone even looking in his direction, so he got confident and felt invincible, which probably explains how sloppy they became in the TB murder.

I think all of this started with the thefts. He got a thrill from the thefts and living that criminal lifestyle, and it escalated from there. It became an addiction. MS wanted to be a gangster and so he went along with the ride. But DM had the addiction to the thrill of the thefts and murders.

He knew he could buy that Dodge pickup truck, but he also thought it would be more thrilling/exciting to kill someone and take it.

All of this is my opinion of course.

I understand what you are saying, and I think they both did find murder thrilling, but a form of marketing was possible if he got connected with certain career criminals, such as those in organized crime. It probably would have gone wrong, but I can see where a psychopath who had already gotten away with 2 murders would think he was so brilliant that he could succeed, and become very powerful. IMO

Murder trial told of constant party scene at Dellen Millard home, linked to alleged love triangle
Millard’s bungalow was a hub of fun and games before his arrest, an old friend testified. But it was the people who visited that mattered most Thursday
http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...-millard-home-linked-to-alleged-love-triangle

“It was a whole year before I found out his dad lived there too and was home a lot of the time; he just stayed in his bedroom,” Gordon said.

Murder trial told of constant party scene at Dellen Millard home, linked to alleged love triangle
Millard’s bungalow was a hub of fun and games before his arrest, an old friend testified. But it was the people who visited that mattered most Thursday
http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...-millard-home-linked-to-alleged-love-triangle

I can't see a man not losing his cool with 60+ people partying in his house, drunkard or not. I think DM was feeding his dad pills of some sort. Tranquilizers?

I can't see a man not losing his cool with 60+ people partying in his house, drunkard or not. I think DM was feeding his dad pills of some sort. Tranquilizers?

Or maybe he chose to drink in peace and sleep. Millionaire lifestyle ;)

In one of the tweets yesterday, it was noted that MS's mother is in the courtroom. She's been there all week.

I wonder why she's sitting in on this one? She never came to the Tim Bosma trial even once. In fact, she didn't even come for the verdict but one of his sisters did.

I wonder what brings her to this one? It can't be easy listening to all these things said about your child with evidence (pics and videos) to back it up.

MS' mother did attend the TB trial. I don't know how many of the days that she attended but she was definitely there. I was outside the court when she was harassed by press on one of those days. It was DM's mother who was never seen at court.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
Gordon always went to #Millard's house with a group, at least 4-5 people, sometimes as many as 60 for parties. Always high school friends

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
When Gordon was there he never once saw #Millard father. It was years before he knew Millard Sr. had been home when he was there.

So WM locked himself up in a room while Lord of the Flies was going on inside his house?

That's the tidbit that got me today.

This struck me oddly as well but I don't know if we can trust that as an exact quote. Another reporter quoted that he didn't know WM lived there and did not imply that he was at the house at the time of the parties. WM had a girlfriend and might not have been home a lot and travelled. DM may have planned things for when he was not actually home.

I doubt that. It's not a sustainable business. He would have to somehow market that business, which involves telling people, who could easily turn you in if you tell the wrong person.

Simply put, I believe he got a thrill from murdering. LB was his convenient test case. She was being a nuisance to him, so he wanted her out of his life (and probably wanted revenge for telling CN that they were still sleeping together). Once he got a taste of killing, he probably got the urge to do it again. And (if convicted) he got away with two murders without anyone even looking in his direction, so he got confident and felt invincible, which probably explains how sloppy they became in the TB murder.

I think all of this started with the thefts. He got a thrill from the thefts and living that criminal lifestyle, and it escalated from there. It became an addiction. MS wanted to be a gangster and so he went along with the ride. But DM had the addiction to the thrill of the thefts and murders.

He knew he could buy that Dodge pickup truck, but he also thought it would be more thrilling/exciting to kill someone and take it.

All of this is my opinion of course.

Scary part is..what next... when they got tired of "simple" murders..?
Thank God we will never know..

I feel badly for this Cronin kid. What he did at 13 should have no bearing. He did the right thing, talking to the vice principal and then to the police! This kid has straightened himself out. I am happy he is standing his ground with Dungey!

To that point, SS has no drug/juvenile mischief history that we know of and he not only turned the other cheek when Tim Bosma's truck showed up at the hangar but he also still isn't speaking to his father in law for trying to do the right thing by calling in and reporting it!

I'm proud of David Cronin first for trying to do the right thing and second for clearly working hard to pull his life together. SS and several others could learn a valuable lesson from him

Cameron said the jury will also read text messages sent by Millard to Noudga about Babcock, saying: “First I am going to hurt her. Then I’ll make her leave,” and “I will remove her from our lives.”

How can they not subpoena CN about this? I am dying to know if and how she responded to that text!

Cameron said the jury will also read text messages sent by Millard to Noudga about Babcock, saying: “First I am going to hurt her. Then I’ll make her leave,” and “I will remove her from our lives.”

How can they not subpoena CN about this? I am dying to know if and how she responded to that text!

I would think that could do more harm than good, tbh... Based on her testimony at the first trial, she'd likely just feign ignorance of the true meaning anyway. Waste of time and energy. Plus, if the Crown calls her as a witness, then DM has opportunity to examine her, leaving the door wide open for a whole lot of bs 'possibilities' as to what happened to Laura to be introduced. That stone is better left unturned, imo. The message itself is enough.

This struck me oddly as well but I don't know if we can trust that as an exact quote. Another reporter quoted that he didn't know WM lived there and did not imply that he was at the house at the time of the parties. WM had a girlfriend and might not have been home a lot and travelled. DM may have planned things for when he was not actually home.

No AG said clearly that WM was home and in his bedroom when Millard's friends were there.

MANDEL: Ghastly rap video causes accused killer Mark Smich's former friend to break down
http://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...iller-mark-smichs-former-friend-to-break-down

And no amount of accusations hurled by the defence lawyer would shake his memory of that day.

“I see what you’re doing, trying to discredit me,” Cronin said calmly. “I’ve changed a lot. I’ve worked very hard to get to where I am today.”

A human being who cried for a woman he never knew.

Should accused killer be able to conduct cross-examination of father in Babcock murder trial?
http://www.canadianlawyermag.com/le...tion-of-father-in-babcock-murder-trial-14836/

Butt says that, in his view, “the best thing we can have in any courtroom are two good opposing lawyers." Self-represented defendants can be “a big problem” in terms of drains on resources, abuse of vulnerable witnesses and a worse outcome for themselves; and, to the extent that the justice system has “self-reps,” “we have a less than ideal justice process,” including one that is less efficient, he adds.

uh, TONS. there are also a lot of buildings like this which are part in Canada and part in the USA and you can freely wander in one door and out the other. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haskell_Free_Library_and_Opera_House

No you can't:

There is no entrance from Canada, however there is an emergency exit on the Canadian side of the building. All patrons and visitors must use the US entrance to access the building. Patrons from Canada are permitted to enter the US door without needing to report to customs, providing they return to Canada immediately upon leaving the building.

Great point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But in scenarios like that the police are still supposed to confirm that the person is alive and well and close the investigation once that's confirmed. they're not supposed to do nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro