Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.26.17 - Day 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have suspected for a long time that DM wanted to establish a murder for hire and/or body disposal business. There would be big money in this, and he thought he needed a lot more money coming in each month. Such a business sounds like something out of a crime novel. I think all the power and excitement greatly appealed to him as well. He got rid of people that got in his way, like his father, then Laura. Her death may have been in part because he wanted to test the Elininator. It was easy, so he planned to kill the owner of a truck, and steal the truck. If he and Smitch had not been arrested, and put away for life, they likely would have killed hundreds more people, or at least helped other criminals dispose of bodies for a big fee. That eliminator was on a trailer, and the man who sold them said no one in his company had ever seen one mounted that way to make it easy to move around. They might have traveled to other places to kill and/or dispose of bodies, not always using the hangar. IMO

I've always thought that too - that he probably intended to disappear murder victims as a service for large sums of money.

Sphinx , I agree with you that he could have wanted to use that machine to dispose of bodies not dead animals. He was doing more dangerous things by the robberies and once he saw he got away with killing Laura he began to feel invincible. crazy , crazy.

I have suspected for a long time that DM wanted to establish a murder for hire and/or body disposal business. There would be big money in this, and he thought he needed a lot more money coming in each month. Such a business sounds like something out of a crime novel. I think all the power and excitement greatly appealed to him as well. He got rid of people that got in his way, like his father, then Laura. Her death may have been in part because he wanted to test the Elininator. It was easy, so he planned to kill the owner of a truck, and steal the truck. If he and Smitch had not been arrested, and put away for life, they likely would have killed hundreds more people, or at least helped other criminals dispose of bodies for a big fee. That eliminator was on a trailer, and the man who sold them said no one in his company had ever seen one mounted that way to make it easy to move around. They might have traveled to other places to kill and/or dispose of bodies, not always using the hangar. IMO

I'm going with a simpler theory. DM is a psychopath like Bundy or Dahmer. He found a partner willing to go the distance. DM most likely tested others for loyalty to be a brother in crime. We know that he challenged AM with his tweet about not sure if AM was up to his methods.

DM had no business plan. He's a failure when it comes to anything that requires long term commitment and planning. His short term plan was to steal and remove any obstacles in his way. LB was just an unfortunate obstacle in his day to day life. No more no less.

Like Dahmer, I believe these events would become more frequent with time if he was not stopped when he was. And the reasons more bizarre with each occurrence. IMO

P.S. I am very surprised the mechanic is still free.

My timeline is in my signature, but I have not documented the relationships because the timing of them is too blurry to reflect properly in this format.

I have, however, added all of the evidence that I could find with a date/time from this trial so far. Eg. the texts between Lerner/Millard, Smich's rap lyrics, the date that photos were taken on Millard's phone, the "BBQ is ready for meat" message, etc. Lots of stuff from July 2012. If you open the timeline and search the word "Babcock" you can jump to each entry related to this trial. It's fascinating to see everything fit with the Bosma trial evidence and other info to present a bigger picture of what these guys were up to.

Amazing work as usual billandrew. Thank you so much for all the efforts you have and are continuing to put into keeping a record of the evidence and information for these trials. I don't doubt it's been used as a reference tool by many people outside this board as well. The attorneys in all three trials should be paying you. ;)

:tyou:

Both DM and MS are in the same detention centre. MS is in segregation and DM is in general population. They sleep at the detention centre at night and leave early in the morning to head to the court for the trial. I can't tell you if they travel in the same van or not. I doubt they have much interaction with each other. For safety reasons they are kept apart, since they both blamed each other for the TB murder. I don't think they eat lunch in the same area, and I'm guessing they are kept in separate holding areas in the courthouse.

Do you have a link for this? Inside info?

Are you sure it's not the other way around, MS in general, DM in segregation?

TIA

In response to user Winter2017; Yes I was a witness. Was there testifying this morning. Also thank you everyone for your messages of encouragement. Means a lot to me.

Thanks,
David Cronin

All the best David. You have come a long way, and are doing the right thing. Clearly you have a conscience and a moral compasss. What DM and MS were doing to their victims was wrong and no amount of bravado or "being cool" makes it ok. It is refreshing to see that some people can be rehabilitated, and rehab does work in some cases. Most don't, but clearly you are one of the good ones.

Thank you for your contribution towards justice for Laura.

Apparently, the delay this morning was due to Smich's health issues. Dr. Don Quixote prescribes isolation.

I've always thought that too - that he probably intended to disappear murder victims as a service for large sums of money.

I doubt that. It's not a sustainable business. He would have to somehow market that business, which involves telling people, who could easily turn you in if you tell the wrong person.

Simply put, I believe he got a thrill from murdering. LB was his convenient test case. She was being a nuisance to him, so he wanted her out of his life (and probably wanted revenge for telling CN that they were still sleeping together). Once he got a taste of killing, he probably got the urge to do it again. And (if convicted) he got away with two murders without anyone even looking in his direction, so he got confident and felt invincible, which probably explains how sloppy they became in the TB murder.

I think all of this started with the thefts. He got a thrill from the thefts and living that criminal lifestyle, and it escalated from there. It became an addiction. MS wanted to be a gangster and so he went along with the ride. But DM had the addiction to the thrill of the thefts and murders.

He knew he could buy that Dodge pickup truck, but he also thought it would be more thrilling/exciting to kill someone and take it.

All of this is my opinion of course.

Apparently, the delay this morning was due to Smich's health issues. Dr. Don Quixote prescribes isolation.
I have wondered wait his ailment is. Totally wild speculation but I think it's withdrawal. I understand drugs can be obtained inside and I'm not sure how much MS has continued to improve (getting his HEAD, etc) now that he has life. He sure seemed to bounce back quickly after the the first emergency break.

Again, just my wild speculation.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

And then I wondered, if MS had been selling drugs way before he met DM and apparently continued to sell drugs, how come he didn't have any money? He lived with his mother, didn't have a car, rode a bike and cleaned toilets for favours from DM. Am I missing something

Most low-level drug dealers aren't living the rock star lifestyle that we associate with the term "drug dealer". It looks like MS wasn't the most ambitious guy and it seems he sat around smoking weed and drinking most of the time. So, he wasn't out there hustling and trying to build a drug enterprise. He probably sold enough to pay for his own drugs/booze and that was it.

Not to mention the fact that drug dealers who are also addicts tend to use more than they sell. If MS had a large bag of weed in his lap, my guess is that he would be more inclined to smoke it all than to go out there and hustle it to make money.

I feel badly for this Cronin kid. What he did at 13 should have no bearing. He did the right thing, talking to the vice principal and then to the police! This kid has straightened himself out. I am happy he is standing his ground with Dungey!

Bravo to the Cronin kid!!

Today was huge. It was the first we heard eveidence of murder. Correct me if I'm wrong but the witness yesterday, DL, only testified that that MS said that the rap was true. Burning a girl and throwing her phone (and possible her) in water/lake. I don't recall him testifying MS said they also murdered her.

Today's witness DC did. That's big.

Also, why wasn't SL asked more about his statement that, from his Starbucks meeting with DM, he was told she was gone. If the previous texts said DM had no knowledge and he maintained not helping her when contacted those last days. Why would he say she was gone? Why wasn't more asked about this?

Also, why wasn't AG asked how serious of a gf CN was? And why they broke up. Two years of on again off again dating is not insignificant.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

On that note, what was the point of AG's testimony? Just to establish that DM and LB had been considered a couple at one time? :waitasec:

I'm going with a simpler theory. DM is a psychopath like Bundy or Dahmer. He found a partner willing to go the distance. DM most likely tested others for loyalty to be a brother in crime. We know that he challenged AM with his tweet about not sure if AM was up to his methods.

DM had no business plan. He's a failure when it comes to anything that requires long term commitment and planning. His short term plan was to steal and remove any obstacles in his way. LB was just an unfortunate obstacle in his day to day life. No more no less.

Like Dahmer, I believe these events would become more frequent with time if he was not stopped when he was. And the reasons more bizarre with each occurrence. IMO

P.S. I am very surprised the mechanic is still free.

DM and Smich kept referring to 'missions' in their texts. I think this is from video gaming, you're supposed to accomplish missions to work up to higher levels of competence within the game. (I'm not a gamer, but DM & MS were). I think that's about the level of reality/purpose they brought to their real life killings. I expect DM wanted to make back his investment in the incinerator, but as you say, I don't think he could stick with a business plan, he was too flighty. In one text he mentioned stealing a sailboat after the truck, likely just to acquire another toy.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
Gordon always went to #Millard's house with a group, at least 4-5 people, sometimes as many as 60 for parties. Always high school friends

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
When Gordon was there he never once saw #Millard father. It was years before he knew Millard Sr. had been home when he was there.

So WM locked himself up in a room while Lord of the Flies was going on inside his house?

That's the tidbit that got me today.

On that note, what was the point of AG's testimony? Just to establish that DM and LB had been considered a couple at one time? :waitasec:

Well what happened is that DM painted a picture of a teen Playboy Mansion, with 7 x (tv + xbox), a planned bar, black walls like a bar already, sex, drugs, and zero parental input. Blame it on the parents.

And CN wasn't jealous because she was easy and slid from AG to DM. Your gf, my gf, everybody's gf :shrug:

This just occurred to me today as I was driving home and maybe I'm terribly naive but here we go....

I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to Isho. I know he's the gun guy. I know he pled guilty of supplying guns to DM. I looked at that ridiculous video. I get what he is.

After today's testimony about Isho being seen at MS's home, coming and going from a shed in the backyard, am I to take from that that Isho was MS's supplier?

And then I wondered, if MS had been selling drugs way before he met DM and apparently continued to sell drugs, how come he didn't have any money? He lived with his mother, didn't have a car, rode a bike and cleaned toilets for favours from DM. Am I missing something? :waitasec:

Please help out this 50 something woman who sips wine and listens to classic rock. I'm lost. :gaah:

Some years ago I've heard stats that street drug dealers make $5/hr on average and most live with parents.

It should have never been closed. Maybe if the police did their jobs Tim Bosma would be alive today.

I've been following without posting but your comment just so resonated with me. Been having a real hard time with what I'm reading (the callousness of it all) and wondered if Sharlene has had the same thoughts? I'm sure she has, and I'm sure it's just torturous to even entertain such thoughts since nothing can be done to change the past.

Still not caught up on today but my heart aches for the Babcock family and I only hope and pray they know how many fellow Ontarians are keeping them in prayers today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member