Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.26.17 - Day 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 12s12 seconds ago
When he says smoke, he means "weed," he clarifies. Only met #Babcock at #Millard house. Didn't know her well. Understood they were dating

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
Once #Babcock and #Millard went into a bedroom for about 40 minutes alone. Gordon was dating Christina Noudga.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 16s16 seconds ago
Gordon dated Christina Noudga from 2008 until 2010, he says. Andrew Michelski was a friend of his and Dellen #Millard's, he says.

RSBM. I find this interesting - the first mention of LB and DM using the word 'dating', which to me is a much more firm relationship than has been portrayed so far. Seems that he 'dated' LB before CN was in his life? Maybe?

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Matthew Hagerman, also from high school, introduced the friends to #Millard. His grandmother was #Millard's cleaning lady, Gordon says.

Gordon met #Smich once, at a bar Wing Emporium where they went to watch hockey. Dec 2011 or Jan 2012.

Gordon doesn't remember seeing #Smich at any of the Maple Gate parties. #Millard now up for cross.

marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO 39s39 seconds ago
Gordon saw Laura Babcock at Millards. He used to date Christina Noudga. Millard and Noudga were dating at time of murder.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 56s57 seconds ago
"Afternoon Andy," #Millard starts, familiarly. He's disputing the timeline. He suggests they were first introduced at the airport hangar.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 29s29 seconds ago
Gordon still thinks it was at #Millard's house. #Millard is talking about the vaporizer, and clarifies they used it to consume marijuana.

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV 19s19 seconds ago
Gordon dated Christina Noudga from 2009 to 2011. During opening statements, Crown alluded to a possible motive for Babcock's alleged murder.

<rs&bbm>

Am I missing something here? DM bought the Distillery condo in 2013 (iirc, it closed the day after Tim went missing).

There was a condo before that.

He bought a condo on Mill St. in the Distillery district in 2009 and sold it in 2011. The Distillery Ln condo he bought and sold in 2013 around the time of TB's murder.

Oct 26 2017 2:33 PM
Shannon Martin

Crown Katie Doherty takes Gordon through questioning. He spent time at Millard's home in Etobicoke, condo downtown, and airport hangar.

Gordon says two of his high school friends lived at Millard's home in Etobicoke, along with Millard's father - though he never saw him.

They played video games, smoke marijuana, drink, hanging out in a large group.

Oct 26 2017 2:35 PM
Shannon Martin

The Crown asks Gordon about Millard and Babcock's relationship. He says they were dating. He said he remembers one occasion they were hanging out as a large group, Babcock and Millard went to the bedroom for 30 to 40 members.

He says this was around January 2012.

Oct 26 2017 2:39 PM
Shannon Martin

Gordon dated Christina Noudga from 2009 to 2011.

During opening statements, the Crown alluded to a possible motive for Babcock's alleged murder.

Noudga and Millard were dating in the months before Babcock disappeared. The Crown says Babcock apparently told Noudga she and Millard were still sleeping together.

In a text conversation about Babcock in April 2012, Millard wrote to Noudga, "First I'm going to hurt her, then I'll make her leave. I will remove her from our lives."

Lisa Hepfner&#8207; @HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
"it's a lower temperature than burning it with fire," #Millard offers. "It's a healthier way to smoke it," Gordon says.

Shannon Martin&#8207; @ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago
Noudga + Millard were dating months before Babcock disappeared. Crown says Babcock told Noudga she and Millard were still sleeping together.

Lisa Hepfner&#8207; @HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
#Millard establishes that everyone in the social circle was already accustomed to smoking marijuana.

In texts about Babcock in April '12, Millard wrote to Noudga, "First I'm going to hurt her... I will remove her from our lives."

marianne boucher&#8207; @CityCourtsTO 57s57 seconds ago
Millard cross examining Andrew Gordon. Discussing if vaping dope burns weed at a higher or lower temperature. Gordon concedes he's not sure

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever discussed these two being in the black market organ trade ? I recently came across a photo online that stated what each organ was worth and it was quite a lot of money per organ. I remember there being a text from DM to someone about needing g to make a certain amount of money per month . Just something that made me go, hmm.

No, this isn't even remotely possible for many reasons.

I'm not certain, but didn't he have a condo with the girl he was engaged to?

I know that DM and JS lived together in a detached house in Oakville. It was owned by JS and DM was helping her sell it.

Lisa Hepfner&#8207; @HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
#Millard is describing the gaming room now. In detail. Neon Budweiser sign. "The social place," #Millard says.

Shannon Martin&#8207; @ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago
Co-accused Dellen Millard now cross examines his former friend Andrew Gordon. "Hi Andy," Millard says as he approaches podium.

Hagerman's grandmother was his nanny, #Millard says. Hagerman introduced the social group to #Millard.

Lisa Hepfner&#8207; @HefCHCHNews 41s41 seconds ago
Talking about the time they saw #Smich at the Wing bar, "Bar and chicken wing place. Very spicy chicken wings. That was the attraction."

Lisa Hepfner&#8207; @HefCHCHNews 17s17 seconds ago
#Smich was a bit gangster, Gordon describes, always seemed to be rapping, rhyming, even in regular speech.

Oct 26 2017 2:46 PM
Shannon Martin

Co-accused Dellen Millard now cross examines Andrew Gordon.

"Hi Andy," Millard says as he walks up to the podium.

Millard asking Gordon what he thought about Mark Smich on their first meeting.

"I remember he sort of looked and acted like a gangster," Gordon answered, adding Smich often rhymed.

<rs&bbm>

Am I missing something here? DM bought the Distillery condo in 2013 (iirc, it closed the day after Tim went missing).

It was a new build. He likely bought it in the year before but the build was complete and closed the week Tim went missing.

Millard now asks about Christina Noudga, "we both dated her." Gordon answers "yes."

"Christina also has dated me. We both dated Christina," #Millard says. Gordon agrees. He and Noudga were on and off the yrs they dated

marianne boucher&#8207; @CityCourtsTO 58s58 seconds ago
Millard now describing the interior decor of his hang out room. Black walls/bar.
Gordon met Smich described his as sort of "gangster"

Lisa Hepfner&#8207; @HefCHCHNews 18s18 seconds ago
"I'm kind of, the next guy who ends up dating her right?" Gordon agrees. Doesn't sound like there was much exclusivity to the relationships.

Lisa Hepfner&#8207; @HefCHCHNews 39s39 seconds ago
No more questions. Gordon is done. #Babcock

Oct 26 2017 2:49 PM
Shannon Martin

Millard asks about Christina Noudga.

"We both dated her," says Millard.

"Yes," answers Gordon.

Millard doesn't have any further questions. Dungey has none.

Millard finishes, Smich's lawyer Dungey has no questions.

Court has run out of witnesses, "one of the vagaries of a jury trial, you never know how long a witness is going to take," Judge tells jury

marianne boucher&#8207; @CityCourtsTO 1m1 minute ago
Gordon agreed with Millard, that Smich would often rhyme when he spoke.
Done with last witness of the day. Trial cont. Fri w 3 witnesses.

Full day tomorrow, starting right at 10am, he says. #Babcock

Oct 26 2017 2:51 PM
Shannon Martin

There are no more witnesses to call.

Justice Michael Code tells the jury we are ahead of schedule, but promises a full day tomorrow with three witnesses scheduled to testify.

That's it for us here on the liveblog. Thanks for reading!

There are no more witnesses to call. Justice Michael Code tells the jury we are ahead of schedule, but promises a full day tomorrow (Friday)

Shannon Martin&#8207; @ShannonMartinTV 15s15 seconds ago
Three witnesses are scheduled to testify tomorrow. The jury has now left. So we're done for the day. Thanks for reading!

So JS and DM broke up before or because of LB, and CN picked up DM after that, with some obvious overlap with LB?

Sounds like AG is a bit on DM's side and is trying to paint a picture where no one cared who was with who.

Here are some questions that interest me...

- where do Smich and Millard spend their nights during the trial?
- do they travel in the same police van?
- are they in separate holding areas at the courthouse?
- do they eat lunch in separate areas?

I'd just be interested to know if there was a place or time during the day where they might feel comfortable enough to communicate? Granted, Smich likely wouldn't have much to say, but Millard most certainly has some things he'd like to say to Smich.

I'll add one....

- Does DM wear lawyer's robes into the courtroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay