Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.27.17 - Day 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were there any photos or footage of Karolina leaving the court today? There have been clips of other witnesses. I suspect we will be seeing CN, AM, SS, MM on the stand in the near future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sadly for SB, CN is a student and I don't imagine that she is has any assets. I wouldn't be surprised if her parents home wasn't remortgaged to pay for her legal costs (unless Rabbit took care of those for her)

A judgement can apply against her future earnings.She can't get rid of this kind of debt by declaring bankruptcy either.

A judgement can apply against her future earnings.She can't get rid of this kind of debt by declaring bankruptcy either.

Are you sure that is valid in Canada? If so, thanks for the clarification and I really hope it is true.

Actually you have a lengthy period of time to collect after a judgment is issued. And, it'll probably be a few years at least before there is a judgement in the civil suit. It's entirely plausible that SB will be able to collect from CN after CN is an attending doctor with an attending doctor's salary

In Canada? I hope that this is the case.

That is a good point Snooperduper, Rabbit probably did take care of it pay her off for not saying anything to the police. Good to know , that they can go after her and if it takes 30 years to pay it off , justice for Laura and Tim Bosma and father.

God have mercy if she ever does become a dr. I don't think there is any way in hell she could get a residency in Canada. With the criminal record she has except with a pardon that takes many years.

Tealgrove, what good will her testimony be? Look how she was at the first trial. She is a liar, and god knows what else. She knew things about the disappearance of Laura yet not one word to the police, why do you think that is? Maybe because she did not care what happened to Laura. This is a despicable, despicable creature, so are DM and MS but they are locked up she isn't. Hopefully, they will be locked up for the rest of their lives. Any ideas of some Halloween costumes for CN?

It depends on what they ask her. She would obviously be a Crown Witness and I am sure that once again she would be difficult. If she's one of the points on the triangle then I would think that putting her on the stand and confirming that she was dating DM at the same time he was sleeping with LB would then confirm the "love triangle".

But I think there's more to come on the CN front. There are going to be letters from prison that will talk about LB. I am sure of it. I think there's more evidence in that messy closet/room of hers that will come to light.

There are still publication bans in place and I think one of those Publication Bans could be a deal for her to testify at this trial.

We will see.

MOO

Just catching up on this week's testimony. I just want to say that Christina Noudga is a real piece of work who deserves nothing good in life. Dellen and Christina truly deserve each other.

I’ve just come back to check out the comments after today’s tweets. Apologies that I had to run right away after court ended for the day.

Personally, I’m waiting for the text/phone/computer evidence linked to DM/MS. I think the Crown is doing a good job of painting a vivid picture of her deteriorating final days, but I’m eager to see where the accused fall into place. As it was with TB, I think pings and texts will be their downfall. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

And please, no victim-blaming. Even if she irritated the people around her, no one deserves that fate. Justice for Laura.

It's very doubtful that she will practice medicine in Canada. She'd need to do a post grad, and that's not available in Poland, or a residency in Canada, and as a foreign student, the chance of securing a residency program in Canada is pretty remote, plus she would need to do a criminal record screening. Given the nature of the charges, she would drop to the bottom of the pile or more likely, not qualify at all.

Ahhh. I guess Whidden was his next side piece, and maybe CN found at at trial and that's why she seemed pissed this day on the stand in the TB trial:

"I absolutely have no feelings of emotion for him,” she said. After spending “four months of my life in a tiny box,” after her arrest, she said, she fell out of love with him.

“Over time I started to feel a contempt towards him,” and “a bit of a loathing.

“He put me in a situation I didn’t belong in. And he cheated on me,” she said, her voice growing louder. “The fact he couldn’t tell me that to my face… I’ve been humiliated in public, scrutinized."

https://www.google.ca/amp/nationalp...e-for-her-selective-memory-at-bosma-trial/amp

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Although I do feel sad for Laura, and obviously nobody deserves to die, she was the architect of her own destiny. Seems the trail is littered with people that tried to help her. As someone who realized she had mental issues, choosing to do hard drugs was not not a good idea.
Millards cross made it sound like he was using the Wouldn't anyone want to get rid of her defence. I still see no motive as to why this girl was any more of a threat to CNs position than any other girl in the harem?
Was she just a convenient test subject for the incinerator plans?

Well. What a first week. I wondered for months what kind of evidence there would be, and worried that there wouldn't be enough, it wouldn't be clear, that both the public and the jury might not truly know.

I didn't fully expect the darkness and callousness that the opening statements suggest. I didn't anticipate the overt nature of the love triangle. I forgot how sloppy and stupid the accused can be. I didn't expect to be thinking as much about Noudga as I now am. I didn't think WM had so thorough surrendered his home and his authority to the wants of his son. Those are the things that stand out for me at the end of week one.
People keep talking about a triangle! It was a hexagon at least!

Tealgrove, what good will her testimony be? Look how she was at the first trial. She is a liar, and god knows what else. She knew things about the disappearance of Laura yet not one word to the police, why do you think that is? Maybe because she did not care what happened to Laura. This is a despicable, despicable creature, so are DM and MS but they are locked up she isn't. Hopefully, they will be locked up for the rest of their lives. Any ideas of some Halloween costumes for CN?
Dr. Mengele?

mental illness compromises decision-making and many turn to drugs to self-medicate when prescribed meds aren't working

Although I do feel sad for Laura, and obviously nobody deserves to die, she was the architect of her own destiny. Seems the trail is littered with people that tried to help her. As someone who realized she had mental issues, choosing to do hard drugs was not not a good idea.

It's very doubtful that she will practice medicine in Canada. She'd need to do a post grad, and that's not available in Poland, or a residency in Canada, and as a foreign student, the chance of securing a residency program in Canada is pretty remote, plus she would need to do a criminal record screening. Given the nature of the charges, she would drop to the bottom of the pile or more likely, not qualify at all.
Maybe wneh the gov't approves Dr. Assisted suicide?

Yep because people with no criminal record have been denied .

It depends on what they ask her. She would obviously be a Crown Witness and I am sure that once again she would be difficult. If she's one of the points on the triangle then I would think that putting her on the stand and confirming that she was dating DM at the same time he was sleeping with LB would then confirm the "love triangle".

But I think there's more to come on the CN front. There are going to be letters from prison that will talk about LB. I am sure of it. I think there's more evidence in that messy closet/room of hers that will come to light.

There are still publication bans in place and I think one of those Publication Bans could be a deal for her to testify at this trial.

We will see.

MOO
Yes, the publication bans could make this trial interesting. Whatever evidence is being held from CN's bedroom could blow the trial wide open and seal a victory for crown. The fact a prelim was passed over and this case went straight to trial means they are very confident with evidence they have. CN may well be in the witness chair before long.

Can anyone tell me if the jury knows that they are convicted criminals?

And can DM call himself as a witness? If so, who asked the questions?

Thanks.

Maybe wneh the gov't approves Dr. Assisted suicide?

Is it possible she is studying in Poland to be a chiropractor, like her parents ? They do have the title of Dr. Her parents could hire her if she comes back to Canada. Not that I want to see this happen, but I wonder if it would be possible with her record ? IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro