Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.30.17 - Day 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO
Millard got a hair cut over the weekend. It's above the shoulder now. A small braid on one side falls a bit longer. Drawing soon.

Wonder if that drawing is going to look anything like the Padawan Braid from Star Wars.. Didn't DM refer to himself as that in some of the letters between himself and CN? Obi Wan.. lol what an idiot.. this guys too much.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
#Millard wonders if Laura #Babcock was trying to hook Shiriniann up with #Millard. She does't think so.

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV
Millard asks Shirinian about the first time they met. He says he made a pass at her.

Shirinian says "You said something inappropriate, but you were always saying things that were inappropriate."

"Obviously nothing happened between us." #Millard. "Obviously," Shirinian says. He is putting up another picture

Millard, "Obviously nothing's ever happened between us?"
Shirinian, "Obviously."

Shot is of #Millard holding black cat, long blondish hair. She doesn't recognize the woman in the picture with him. It's the hangar, he says

Shannon Martin
Millard now shows Shirinian a picture of him with a young blonde woman. They're both holding a black cat.

Shirinian agrees it's Millard. She doesn't know who the woman is.

Has she seen the cat before? "Maybe, it's a black cat." #Millard laughs. "Fair enough."

Did Shirinian tell police that she thinks #Babcock is still out there? Irrelevant unless she has proof. "I have none whatsoever," Shirinian

Millard: Did you tell the police that you believe Laura is still out there? Do u have any basis to believe this?
Shirinain: I have none.

Shannon Martin
Millard asks Shirinian about something she said in her police statement - where she said she believed Laura was still out there.

Justice Michael Code intervenes and asks if she has any evidence to suggest that.

Shirinian responds, "I have none whatsoever."

Shirinian has seen #Babcock's phone records. Last outgoing call to #Millard's phone? She saw the records years ago, she says.

Does Shirinian know of Laura #Babcock speaking to anyone after July 4th 2012? Not that she can remember.

Millard: After the 3 or 4 th of July, last phone contact ,do u know of anyone having contact w Laura?
Shirinian: Not that I can remember.

It's clear to me that KS is trying to help out DM and CN as much as she can and always has.

Karoline is now looking at her statement to police, as directed by #Millard. Crown objects. Portion of statement is all opinion and hearsay

Millard wants to ask a question about Christina Noudga. Crown Jill Cameron stands up.

Unless Shirinian can see or describe any evidence, her statement is inadmissible. Noudga can be called by crown or defence, judge says

Millard, "But we don't know if the Crown will call Noudga." Justice Michael Code to move along.

"It's plainly apparent that I wasn't thoughtful, caring about Christina," #Millard says. "& for some reason she stuck around," Shirinian

It was common knowledge #Millard was sleeping with others towards the end of their relationship, Shirinian says.

Do Dellen treated all women equally, like *****. That proves he's innocent how?

Millard goes back to his relationship with Christina Noudga, Shrinian's best friend. He says he was sleeping with at least two other women.

They didn't hear about #Millard's fiancee until late 2012, Shirinian says about her and best friend Christina Noudga

Shrinian responds, "Yes, and for some reason she still stuck around."

Millard shows witness a prior statement where she had given an opinion.
But judge rules it's hearsay and can't go there.
Cross is over.

Shannon Martin
Millard goes back to his relationship with Christina Noudga, Shrinian's best friend. He says he was sleeping with at least two other women, that she was aware of.

Shrinian responds, "Yes, and for some reason she still stuck around."

Mexican stripper was June 2011, #Millard says. "I texted Noudga from Mexico to tell her about it," he says. Shirinian thought it was after

Looks like he's trying to establish reasonable doubt about his relationship with CN. Wasn't exclusive - attracted lots of women because of his "well known" wealth. Crowns case is based on a "love" triangle.. DM is trying to establish that there would have been no triangle.

Yes, that is likely the plan, but I rather think it's not working well. It reeks with, "see what a rich, sexy, party animal I am"!

Do Dellen treated all women equally, like *****. That proves he's innocent how?

Love how KS refers to the end of DM and CN's relationship making it sound like she'd had enough - and not that the relationship ended after both DM AND CN were arrested. That's hanging in there.

Shirinian heard about #Millard's fiancee in late 2012, early 2013. #Millard is now done his cross examination.

Millard will submit those photos as exhibits tomorrow. Dungey, for #Smich, wants break before his cross. #Babcock

Millard ends cross w the suggestion that it was known to Noudga in 2011 that he was sleeping around.
Shirinain: She didn't learn until 2012

We're pausing for morning break. Back in 20.

Did Cristina agree to say she had spoken to or seen Laura after July 4th, to cover for DM? hmmm, will be interesting if we get to see the previously redacted parts of those jailhouse love letters!

Mexican stripper was June 2011, #Millard says. "I texted Noudga from Mexico to tell her about it," he says. Shirinian thought it was after

Well, he did have plenty of time to waste in Mexico. He only lasted about thirty seconds in the race.

The crown really painted itself in to a corner with this love triangle theory. From what we have learned about LB, she was prone to extortion, and if you were going to extort DM wouldn't it be about his illegal activities and not his sex life?

Can't wait for the Crown to bring out the heavy evidence and shut DM the hell up. This is too soap opera for me at the moment

The crown really painted itself in to a corner with this love triangle theory. From what we have learned about LB, she was prone to extortion, and if you were going to extort DM wouldn't it be about his illegal activities and not his sex life?
Exactly. Why not "get rid of" all the women with whom he was unfaithful to CN - what was special about LB? Extortion sounds like a good theory to me. Not discounting the pregnancy theory either.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Millard got a hair cut over the weekend. It's above the shoulder now. A small braid on one side falls a bit longer. Drawing soon.

Wonder if that drawing is going to look anything like the Padawan Braid from Star Wars.. Didn't DM refer to himself as that in some of the letters between himself and CN? Obi Wan.. lol what an idiot.. this guys too much.

Makes me wonder if he's getting ready to face CN once again on the stand. But then it appears that he's trying to get her testimony in via KS (I agree with the Crown on this) so does this mean she will be staying out of the country for this trial? :waitasec:

MOO

Millard, "But we don't know if the Crown will call Noudga." Justice Michael Code to move along.

So I am assuming Noudga is on the Witness list. And just like Rabbit, could be called by prosecution if need be. I don't think the defense would want her to take the stand.

I'm sure once the un-redacted parts of the jailhouse letters are likely read into evidence, as well as text messages between DM and CN are called into evidence this theory will prove to have meaty bones..

Dungey, for #Smich, has no questions for Shirinian. She is done testifying. Leaving smiling at #Babcock family.

Shrinian is done in the witness box. Millard finished questioning before recess, and Mark Smich's lawyer has no questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkeybean