Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.02.17 - Day 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered about that at the time... also, how did AM react to that being said about him in this trial? Is AM going to be a witness in this trial? Is DM buttering him up so he stays loyal? Is AM disgusted?
His tattoo still floors me..

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

If the red clamshell suitcase was one that apparently belonged to LB, and it was found at one of DM's properties, and DM has a photo showing himself with the same or similar suitcase, he may have been trying to prove that it was 'his' suitcase that was found, rather than hers? And that what a witness sees isn't always what may be thought to have been seen? (But meanwhile.. he could've given that suitcase to LB years ago, sometime after that photograph was taken, and so it is not a valid argument.) Just curious what his deal was about the suitcase. Buncha nuthin as usual, no doubt.

Nov 2 2017 10:35 AM
Fortier explains to the jury when making a call, or sending a text, you can track where a person is/was, according to a cell site.

With phone calls, there is a first and last cell site, identifying where the call started and ended.

With text messages, a cell site is only tracked once, when the message is sent.

So far, it's only Shannon tweeting today...and she's copying from her blog...so I'll stick with the blog.

Hopefully more to come, she seems to be slower to tweet (or generally less detail)

Going back to the Tim Bosma trial I recall a point where a building permit for a structure on DM's farm property came into play and was objected to immediately. DM's mother was on the paperwork.

That topic sent the Jury out of the courtroom and never another word was spoken about it.

I've often wondered if it had something to do with this trial.

Does anyone recall when that Building Permit Request happened? I'm wondering where that may fit into the timeline.

Maybe DM wanted to build a small hangar on the property or so he said that's what it was for. It could have been a structure to house the Eliminator. When he wasn't allowed to build it, he had to go to plan B which was putting the Eliminator on a trailer and ferrying it back and forth to the hangar in Waterloo. Maybe he had some type of temp structure that they are calling a hangar. Just guessing at this point.

It would be somewhat dangerous using the Eliminator in the barn I would think.

This was in yesterdays thread. Just thought I would share this timeline because it outlines the answer to the question here.

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/6235051-interactive-trail-and-timeline-of-the-tim-bosma-murder/

Wonder if SS is talking to his father-in-law yet? (Or if he is even *still* his FIL?)

I wish she would increase her detail, especially when she is the only one tweeting. I feel like we glean more when there is more than one reporter live tweeting, each gives little details that the others may not feel the need to report. I still keep coming back to missing Adam Carter's reporting. I think although today may not be thrilling testimony, I feel it will be extremely insightful and worth the coverage as far as timelines go etc.

What a bad day for limited coverage :(

A lot of today is likely to be technical explanations - quite dry - but needed as framework for the phone evidence to come. Not much to report right now, I suspect.

I wish she would increase her detail, especially when she is the only one tweeting. I feel like we glean more when there is more than one reporter live tweeting, each gives little details that the others may not feel the need to report. I still keep coming back to missing Adam Carter's reporting. I think although today may not be thrilling testimony, I feel it will be extremely insightful and worth the coverage as far as timelines go etc.

Man, I SO miss Adam Carter, he was amazing!

Nov 2 2017 10:54 AM

We're now looking at the subscriber information for Dellen Millard's mobile phone and a spreadsheet of his phone records.

His tattoo still floors me..

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

You know, I remember AM's "I remember" tattoo with the image of the girl. I went back to see it to refresh my mind, and oh my heck, I don't remember the 2nd "I remember" tattoo that shows the skull and flames.

Just terrible . Watch her next tweet will be "THE WITNESS IS STILL TALKING "

Also, keep in mind, this reporter needs to do a full report later today on this trial. If the witness is giving a lot of information, any reporter needs to be taking careful notes. It's not like one of us listening and throwing out tweets of everything we hear. They are required to have accurate information when putting together a full report. Their tweets are not their main purpose of being there. I'm sure they are all doing their best but if you are the only MSM tweeting, it would be very difficult to ensure your information is accurate since you wouldn't have the other reporters tweets to help guide your memory and reporting later.
JMO

she's been busy ;)

Nov 2 2017 11:01 AM

Crown Ken Lockhart asks about cell phone towers. On the spreadsheet we are looking at, there's code of more than a dozen letters and digits that identify a cell tower, relating to any of the texts or phone calls in the log.

Fortier explains, "The general rule is a call or text message will transmit through a cell site with the strongest signal. Usually it's the closest cell site, within about 100 metres."

She says this can be impacted by weather, or an obstruction like a large object. She also explains if it's, for example New Year's Eve, a cell site may reach capacity - so another cell site would transmit the call or text.

That said, she says it will always be a cell site in the immediate area. If you're in Etobicoke, your call/text would never transmit through Scarborough.

Undoubtedly, there will be an hour or more of technical jargon and explaining how it all works, which makes for some snoozy tweets, will likely pick up once everything is explained to the jury and they start connecting the calls and texts to dates and times.

Also, keep in mind, this reporter needs to do a full report later today on this trial. If the witness is giving a lot of information, any reporter needs to be taking careful notes. It's not like one of us listening and throwing out tweets of everything we hear. They are required to have accurate information when putting together a full report. Their tweets are not their main purpose of being there. I'm sure they are all doing their best but if you are the only MSM tweeting, it would be very difficult to ensure your information is accurate since you wouldn't have the other reporters tweets to help guide your memory and reporting later.
JMO

Agreed - while it takes time, I do like Shannon's reporting..

Nov 2 2017 11:12 AM

Crown Ken Lockhart has now given Fortier another stack of documents. We're looking at the phone subscriber information for Christina Noudga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay