Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.02.17 - Day 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, given the text history it seems pretty clear that she was dead by midnight on the 3rd. Wonder what leads them to speculate that it may have been the 4th?

Also, noticing the closeness to Canada day and July 4th. Both days feature fireworks displays. I wonder if thats where the term from Smich came from that we heard about in the first trial? "“Ok it's fireworks tomoro night."

Hmm, given the text history it seems pretty clear that she was dead by midnight on the 3rd. Wonder what leads them to speculate that it may have been the 4th?

What if last message was 11:58pm July 3rd? Dead on 4th?

I wonder if they have the "ping" data? If I remember correctly, that would indicate the last time a Cell phone connected to a tower. I agree that a prolific phone user like LB would have most likely used it again on the 3rd with several hours remaining. The ping may show she went somewhere else, and even then who was in possession of the phone.

PS. Thought the opening statement said the 3rd or the 4th?

Nov 2 2017 12:02 PM

We are back and Dellen Millard begins his cross examination of Danielle Fortier, the senior investigator with Rogers Communication.

Nov 2 2017 12:04 PM

Millard asks Fortier about subscriber information, the difference between billing and user names.

The billing name, she explains, belongs to the person who pays for the phone, not necessarily the person using it.

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV now2 minutes ago
We are back and Dellen Millard begins his cross examination of Danielle Fortier, the senior investigator with Rogers Communication.

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV now1 minute ago
Millard asks Fortier about subscriber information, the difference between billing and user names.

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV now57 seconds ago
The billing name, she explains, belongs to the person who pays for the phone, not necessarily the person using it.

Who knows what they could of done to her between 7 pm July 3rd to the 4th. Could of had her confined or even the sicko was getting one last romp with her before he killed her, lots of possibilites..

We just heard the last activity was around 7 PM

Who knows what they could of done to her between 7 pm July 3rd to the 4th. Could of had her confined or even the sicko was getting one last romp with her before he killed her, lots of possibilites..

My thoughts exactly. He did say he was going to hurt her and then 'make her leave'.

So it's DM who brings up the obvious. That just because a phone is registered to someone, doesn't mean that is the person using it. I suppose he would like us to believe that someone else was using his phone. Or someone else, who was also in possession of LB's borrowed IPad, was using her phone at his house.

:thinking:

MOO

I hope by hurt he didn't mean torture. Poor girl. And CN must have known something. I swear if her reply to that was good or you better...ill flip

Trevor Dunn‏ @trevorjdunn 37s37 seconds ago
Back at Laura Babcock murder trial and Dellen Millard has cut his hair a bit shorter, except for one piece at the back in a small pigtail.

This tweet just came in. Not sure if Trevor has just been assigned to cover this now but I'll keep an eye on his tweets.

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV now1 minute ago
Millard now talks about cell tower locations. He asks if someone is downtown, where there are numerous buildings...

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV now59 seconds ago
...would that impact how a call or text connects to a tower? She says, actually no. Downtown core areas have more cell sites.

Millard asks if Fortier is able to tell the jury whether it's possible to see from the phone records if there was any internet use.

The witness says no.

Millard now talks about cell tower locations. He asks if someone is downtown, where there are numerous buildings, would that impact how a call or text connects to a tower?

She says, actually no. Downtown core areas have more cell sites.
by Shannon Martin 12:17 PM

Can't believe how fast the hours while away on here!!! OMG!!

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV now52 seconds ago
Millard asks the average distance between cell towers, in rural areas. Fortier says it has a reach of about 35 kilometres.

Millard asks the average distance between cell towers, in rural areas.
Fortier says it has a reach of about 35 kilometres.
by Shannon Martin 12:20 PM

Millard shows Fortier a map of the QEW, near Oakville. He asks if it's possible if someone is travelling along the highway, would it be possible for calls/texts to connect with various towers, at great distances?
The witness says she'd need to see a Rogers map to look at all of the cell sites. She doesn't have one, neither does Millard.
by Shannon Martin 12:23 PM

Dellen Millard has wrapped his questioning.

Mark Smich's lawyer Thomas Dungey

"We don't really have an accurate picture of where the phone call came from, because there could be obstruction of some kind?" he asks.

Fortier says the records can only state a general area. But she says, for example, during a 911 call, while Rogers can't pinpoint a specific address they can direct emergency responders to a cell site.
by Shannon Martin 12:33 PM

Dungey asks if there can be overlap with cell sites? Fortier agrees.
Dungey then asks how easy it is to get a phone under a different name?
Fortier says Rogers gathers a number of information from the customer - like ID. But she says with a pre-paid phone, they do not ask for ID because there is no monthly bill.
by Shannon Martin 12:37 PM

Dungey has wrapped and Danielle Fortier with Rogers Communication is done.
by Shannon Martin 12:40 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member