Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.02.17 - Day 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached is the portion of LB's phone record which was posted a couple of threads ago, which show her last 8 calls to DM (and then there is a call to her VM, at same time that this Rogers witness is referring to (I believe?), except that the VM call is shown as being 2 minutes in duration?? (although perhaps the document that the witness was looking at was more exactly detailed?)):
attachment.php
Ok now it makes sense. Thanks a lot.

Attached is the portion of LB's phone record which was posted a couple of threads ago, which show her last 8 calls to DM (and then there is a call to her VM, at same time that this Rogers witness is referring to (I believe?), except that the VM call is shown as being 2 minutes in duration?? (although perhaps the document that the witness was looking at was more exactly detailed?)):
attachment.php

Most phone companies use the same billing tactic, your minutes used are rounded to the next minute. So if you talk for 61 seconds, you are billed for two minutes. As you can see, all the time values are even numbers, so I'm pretty certain that what this means.

Another map showing towers in relation to MS residence, DM residence, and QEW
Note - these are TODAYS towers, not 2012, but regardless, DM's "suggestion" of a QEW cell hitting the tower south of Maplegate is ridiculous at best.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Cell_large.jpg
    Cell_large.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 225
I wish we saw more phone records of LB
I wonder if it was customary for her to check her VM. I for one never do.

I thought SL testified that he checked her voicemail after she went missing. Though if that is true, I suppose it wouldn't show up on LB's phone records unless the call was made from her device.

Heading out for a bit so I probably won't be available to post up the tweets when court resumes at 2:15pm.

Millard asks the average distance between cell towers, in rural areas.
Fortier says it has a reach of about 35 kilometres.
by Shannon Martin 12:20 PM

Millard shows Fortier a map of the QEW, near Oakville. He asks if it's possible if someone is travelling along the highway, would it be possible for calls/texts to connect with various towers, at great distances?
The witness says she'd need to see a Rogers map to look at all of the cell sites. She doesn't have one, neither does Millard.
by Shannon Martin 12:23 PM

Real lawyers aren't advised to ask questions they don't already know the answer to. DM sounds as though he trying to obtain information (so he can manufacture a story) on the cheap. Big mistake. May as well buy a shovel.

I thought SL testified that he checked her voicemail after she went missing. Though if that is true, I suppose it wouldn't show up on LB's phone records unless the call was made from her device.

Yes, it would have appeared on SL's bill that he out-dialled her number..... but shouldn't it also appear on LB's phone statement as an incoming?

So if it clearly says VM. Why were they asking the witness if it's vm she got and witnesses goes ya it's possible???

Also can't help but notice all the calls to DM were super brief. Could she have been getting his VM too? Why would theirs conversations be so brief? But yet often..

Real lawyers aren't advised to ask questions they don't already know the answer to. DM sounds as though he trying to obtain information (so he can manufacture a story) on the cheap. Big mistake. May as well buy a shovel.

I was thinking the same thing.. except in relation to Dungey.. but yes, the thing I thought of in regard to DM's line of questioning, was that he was thinking back to the TB trial.. as a lot of that cellphone testimony was while the trio were in a vehicle travelling..

I was thinking.. if LB was at his house already.. did he go out, and then she was calling him repeatedly (and he was ignoring her perhaps?), trying to see when he'd be back (to take her to Disneyland perhaps)?

What's interesting here is the significant reduction in cell use from previous day's. Also, what was going on between 3:15 am on the third and quarter to four in the afternoon? No cell activity? Did she sleep all day?

I find the interesting part of this that between 2:40 on the 2nd LB reaches out to Millard eight times, none of the calls lasting more than about a minute. On the 2nd her last call to Millard is at 10:36 PM. Five minutes later she receives a call that lasts 3 minutes. Three hours later she receives a four minute call. Less than two hours later, another call. One must assume that at least that first incoming call is Millard, finally responding to messages she sent.

And from this it looks like her last call was indeed to voicemail, so technically the last 8 calls weren't to Millard.

So if it clearly says VM. Why were they asking the witness if it's vm she got and witnesses goes ya it's possible???

Also can't help but notice all the calls to DM were super brief. Could she have been getting his VM too? Why would theirs conversations be so brief? But yet often..

I think the document/records they were viewing in the courtroom were different from the one posted here.. maybe on that one, it wasn't as obvious? Seems weird though, since it was more detailed in other ways?

Also wondering why she'd phone, she'd usually text someone she knew well, I'd think.

I find the interesting part of this that between 2:40 on the 2nd LB reaches out to Millard eight times, none of the calls lasting more than about a minute. On the 2nd her last call to Millard is at 10:36 PM. Five minutes later she receives a call that lasts 3 minutes. Three hours later she receives a four minute call. Less than two hours later, another call. One must assume that at least that first incoming call is Millard, finally responding to messages she sent.

And from this it looks like her last call was indeed to voicemail, so technically the last 8 calls weren't to Millard.

I think SL had specified that the last 8 'outgoing' calls were to DM.. he prob didn't count the VM call, since it wasn't really TO anyone?

Yes, it would have appeared on SL's bill that he out-dialled her number..... but shouldn't it also appear on LB's phone statement as an incoming?

I think its very unlikely that Millard left any voicemail.

Also wondering why she'd phone, she'd usually text someone she knew well, I'd think.

I wonder if we will also see (or the court will also see) the record of her text history.. because.. if she was texting him and he wasn't responding, she could have been phoning him too, every half hour, or whatever it was? Seems scattered.

eta: i meant... the testimony seems scattered

New to posting here but have been following since the TB trial.... I'm wondering if anyone has any link to court exhibits... specifically interested in the photos that DM has been submitting while representing himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop