Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.02.17 - Day 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its very unlikely that Millard left any voicemail.

No, I'm saying.... if SL had called LB's number to get to her VM.. (that is how I would get to my VM if I were calling from some other phone), then wouldn't it also show up on LB's phone record as an inbound call?

Also wondering why she'd phone, she'd usually text someone she knew well, I'd think.

Maybe she did. In fact I'm sure she did. She seems to be pretty desperately trying to get hold of Millard the he night of the 2nd. Was that the night she was staying with that guy and wouldn't stop talking about her trip the next day?

Things will clear up around the phone records once they start on DM's and MS's phone activity. IMO

Yes, it would have appeared on SL's bill that he out-dialled her number..... but shouldn't it also appear on LB's phone statement as an incoming?

Not unless her phone was actually on and receiving calls/data/pinging etc. By the time alarm bells starting going off for SL, LB's phone was long gone (not pinging, etc.).

Yes, it would have appeared on SL's bill that he out-dialled her number..... but shouldn't it also appear on LB's phone statement as an incoming?

She wasn't missing yet.

And from this it looks like her last call was indeed to voicemail, so technically the last 8 calls weren't to Millard.

The judge and crown clarified this in court. I haven't reviewed all the tweets (especially for days I was present) but this clarification must not have made it to the tweets.

There was also a 23 minute call between DM & LB not long before the timeline we see in the statement attached above. I'm blanking on the date, however.

She wasn't missing yet.

The phone bill seems to be portrayed as her final phone activity though? If there was a subsequent bill, it would be good to show that too, to see who was txtg/calling when she wasn't responding any more? (ie proves SL did check her VM, would show who was looking for her, was DM trying to contact her? would be interesting!)

No, I'm saying.... if SL had called LB's number to get to her VM.. (that is how I would get to my VM if I were calling from some other phone), then wouldn't it also show up on LB's phone record as an inbound call?

No, it only shows activity on your actual device. Calling from another phone isn't chargeable, so its not included.

There was also a 23 minute call between DM & LB not long before the timeline we see in the statement attached above. I'm blanking on the date, however.

This was also posted the other day, but it's too blurry!
attachment.php

Attachments

• babcock fullpage phonebill blurry.jpg
    babcock fullpage phonebill blurry.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 227
The phone bill seems to be portrayed as her final phone activity though? If there was a subsequent bill, it would be good to show that too, to see who was txtg/calling when she wasn't responding any more? (ie proves SL did check her VM, would show who was looking for her, was DM trying to contact her? would be interesting!)

The phone went dead (no longer pinged off towers, no longer received TMs) not long after that activity. My understanding is that incoming call detail after that point would not appear on a billing statement. The phone company may be privy to such info, but I don't believe it would show up on a client statement.

New to posting here but have been following since the TB trial.... I'm wondering if anyone has any link to court exhibits... specifically interested in the photos that DM has been submitting while representing himself?

Same as Karolinka here. I so far only saw the mohawk pic along with the meowing video.

The phone went dead (no longer pinged off towers, no longer received TMs) not long after that activity. My understanding is that incoming call detail after that point would not appear on a billing statement. The phone company may be privy to such info, but I don't believe it would show up on a client statement.

Yes, you're right! It would show up on SL's bill that he tried to call.. but not LB's.

Should have refreshed first to see questions were answered. Deleting repetitive anwser. Sorry new here!

My understanding is if the phone is dead/off it will still ping if receiving an incoming call and going to vm. Same with texts. So just because you turn off the phone doesn't make you invisible. You better pray nobody is calling or texting.

No, it only shows activity on your actual device. Calling from another phone isn't chargeable, so its not included.

Say I borrow your cellphone because mine is dead... and I call my own number, with the purpose of getting to my VM (because I for one, never remember what actual number to call to dial through to VM directly), then on *your* cellphone bill, it would show my outgoing call.. would it not? But it would not show on LB's phone bill, since her phone was dead (as pointed out by gremlingirl).

It's very odd she would check her VM at that time. Normally you check it shortly after noticing some missed calls...I don't see that here.

My understanding is if the phone is dead/off it will still ping if receiving an incoming call and going to vm. Same with texts. So just because you turn off the phone doesn't make you invisible. You better pray nobody is calling or texting.

If it's off, I believe it will still ping. If the battery has been ripped out, and the phone has been tossed (in a lake, perhaps), it will not.

Would have been good, while the Rogers witness was on the stand, to also view DM and MS's phone logs.. (or will that be a different witness later??).. would be interesting to see if either of them were near Lake Ontario after that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay