Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.02.17 - Day 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, given the text history it seems pretty clear that she was dead by midnight on the 3rd. Wonder what leads them to speculate that it may have been the 4th?

I believe they stated late on the 3rd or early the 4th.

I wonder if any effort was made to look for the phone at the bottom of the lake..

It's very odd she would check her VM at that time. Normally you check it shortly after noticing some missed calls...I don't see that here.

Maybe she was listening to a saved message that contained important info, or was comforting to her for some reason. Maybe she was changing her vm outgoing message. Maybe was was checking a message from a known caller left some time ago, that she had been avoiding listening to. *shrugs*

It's very odd she would check her VM at that time. Normally you check it shortly after noticing some missed calls...I don't see that here.

Yes you're right... although.. I know with my own phone.. I can't tell when there is a msg waiting.. and sometimes if i'm doing something else on my phone at same time, I won't see/hear notification that a VM was just left. Sounds like she was anxiously awaiting a reply, and maybe just checked it to make sure there wasn't a VM waiting? I doubt if DM or MS would have known her VM passcode?

There was also a 23 minute call between DM & LB not long before the timeline we see in the statement attached above. I'm blanking on the date, however.

According to billandrew's timeline, it was July 1st at 6:57 pm. HTH!

Yes you're right... although.. I know with my own phone.. I can't tell when there is a msg waiting.. and sometimes if i'm doing something else on my phone at same time, I won't see/hear notification that a VM was just left. Sounds like she was anxiously awaiting a reply, and maybe just checked it to make sure there wasn't a VM waiting? I doubt if DM or MS would have known her VM passcode?

A gun to the head and you can get any password you want..

Would have been good, while the Rogers witness was on the stand, to also view DM and MS's phone logs.. (or will that be a different witness later??).. would be interesting to see if either of them were near Lake Ontario after that?

I expect that this info will come from the data recovery experts; a great deal of their conversation was by tm.

I wonder if any effort was made to look for the phone at the bottom of the lake..

It would have been more than a year after it was dumped. Zero chance of finding it, even if they knew exactly where it was dumped.

Nov 2 2017 2:22 PM

Crown Ken Lockhart calls the next witness, Nicole Rebelo. She's an intelligence analyst with the Toronto Police Service.

Now the evidence should start pointing fingers in the right direction.. ***** show for DM now for sure *fingers crossed*

Would have been good, while the Rogers witness was on the stand, to also view DM and MS's phone logs.. (or will that be a different witness later??).. would be interesting to see if either of them were near Lake Ontario after that?

Im wondering if its even in Lake Ontario. The farm is in Waterloo, not close to lake Ontario. In Smich's rap he says "a lake". When people in the Toronto area refer to Lake Ontario, they say "the lake", so I wonder if Smich was referring to another lake?

Im wondering if its even in Lake Ontario. The farm is in Waterloo, not close to lake Ontario. In Smich's rap he says "a lake". When people in the Toronto area refer to Lake Ontario, they say "the lake", so I wonder if Smich was referring to another lake?

LB's phone travelled along Lakeshore, with DM's and MS's, and then suddenly disappeared.

ETA: I believe this info was part of the Crown's opening address.

I think the rap just said "if you go swimming you can find her phone" and didn't even mention a lake.

Who knows what they could of done to her between 7 pm July 3rd to the 4th. Could of had her confined or even the sicko was getting one last romp with her before he killed her, lots of possibilites..

Well he did say he would first hurt her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member