Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's unnecessary to call out the Mom IMO

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I agree. The media is not a friend to people in her circumstance, and that would have been a particularly stressful day in the very stressful extended experience she is living. I’m inclined to cut her some slack. At least she has been there, which has to difficult.

Lockhardt says we're now going to turn to the actual content of the devices -- after a 15 minute break.
by Adam Carter 11:06 AM

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 26s26 seconds ago
Crown sums up that to now, we have been learning how the detective completed his investigation. Now we're going to get into what he found. After the break, judge says. "It's pretty dense... Jury need their coffee!" #LauraBabcock.

Cheers to that, Judge!

Sorry, 20 minutes. Be back then.
by Adam Carter 11:07 AM

Also thank you to whomever clarified that Justice Code is tech-savvy. His comments were making me a little concerned!

I read that tweet too and I'm wondering if that wasn't tweeted incorrectly. I thought it was DM who was on his computer. Can't see any reason why they'd allow MS to have a computer in the courtroom. A monitor to see visual displays but not a computer to type on? :waitasec:

I wondered if that could have been an error... because AC was reporting same time that DM was typing notes on his computer??

I read that tweet too and I'm wondering if that wasn't tweeted incorrectly. I thought it was DM who was on his computer. Can't see any reason why they'd allow MS to have a computer in the courtroom. A monitor to see visual displays but not a computer to type on? :waitasec:

I might be mistaken, but I believe they both had access to laptops at last trial..

I agree. The media is not a friend to people in her circumstance, and that would have been a particularly stressful day in the very stressful extended experience she is living. I’m inclined to cut her some slack. At least she has been there, which has to difficult.

It is my understanding that after two first degree murder trials that her son has been one of the accused in, this is the first time a camera crew has filmed her walking down a street? No one has tried to approach her on camera that I'm aware of. They were likely just standing there setting up for a news brief and she happened to walk down the street so they turned the camera toward her. They didn't appear to even say anything to her or approach her. So if that is the case, her reaction was uncalled for.

The media in Canada and particularly in this case have been very kind to the families of the victims, witnesses and accused alike. It's not like there is a pack of paparazzi hanging around outside the courthouse hounding them or anything.

MOO

I might be mistaken, but I believe they both had access to laptops at last trial..

Can't see any reason why an accused with a legal team would be given access to their own computer. I don't think he had one last time. He was said to spend the days sitting and staring straight ahead. Don't think DM had one either. Weren't they both writing things down at that one?

:waitasec:

MOO

It is my understanding that after two first degree murder trials that her son has been one of the accused in, this is the first time a camera crew has filmed her walking down a street? No one has tried to approach her on camera that I'm aware of. They were likely just standing there setting up for a news brief and she happened to walk down the street so they turned the camera toward her. They didn't appear to even say anything to her or approach her. So if that is the case, her reaction was uncalled for.

The media in Canada and particularly in this case have been very kind to the families of the victims, witnesses and accused alike. It's not like there is a pack of paparazzi hanging around outside the courthouse hounding them or anything.

MOO

Exactly - while we feel for her - by nature of her relation to MS - she ought to be happy the media has been as kind as they have been.

Apologies, I've been spelling Crown Ken Lockhart's name incorrectly.
by Adam Carter 11:25 AM

We're back in the courtroom now, just waiting on the jury.
by Adam Carter 11:29 AM

Exactly - while we feel for her - by nature of her relation to MS - she ought to be happy the media has been as kind as they have been.

Yes, they could be camped outside her house waiting for her to get in a car and head to the courthouse and asking her opinion on the trial so far. Thank goodness the media up here is not interested in buying pictures and video like that. :rolleyes:

Jury is back, we're in session. Now back to the evidence.
by Adam Carter 11:34 AM

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 21s21 seconds ago
Jury is back for #LauraBabcock trial. Crown says we are getting into the evidence found on computers and hard drives at Dellen #Millard's house.

We're starting by looking at a contact list found on a phone backup.
by Adam Carter 11:35 AM

One of the phone contacts that Lockhart is highlighting has the name "Isho," and there are 5 numbers for him.
by Adam Carter 11:36 AM

There's also a 2537 Lakeshore address attached to that contact.
by Adam Carter 11:36 AM

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
One of the contacts in the #Millard phone list we're looking at is "Isho." He has five different phone numbers. #LauraBabcock

There's another contact the Crown is highlighting - "Kinks." It has Noudga's email attached to it. We're also seeing contacts for Laura Babcock and "Kowalski."
by Adam Carter 11:38 AM

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 20s20 seconds ago
"Kinks" contact was created on Jan 13, 2013. "sweet_chicita" is the email address. "Kowalski" is another contact in the list. and contact #14 is Laura #Babcock.

There's another contact entry labelled "Millard Farm." Another one labelled "Noudga home."
by Adam Carter 11:40 AM

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
"Mi negro" is another contact on the list. 905 number for that one, created Oct 2009. #Millard #Smich.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 10s10 seconds ago
Other listings are for #Millard farm and Noudga home, and "Rubix," and the crown notes that the Rubix contact is the same as the "Kinks" contact. Same phone number.

I’m definitely not comfortable making any assumptions about how the media has interacted with her family, or what the circumstances of the camera shot in question was. Like the circle of any accused, there is a good possibility that her perspective is going to be that the media is not fair in their coverage, and so there is already going to be a perceived adversarial relationship. She had just spent the day watching video of her private home played in court, and being brought back to the circumstances of the search, which I wouldn’t be surprised if she had PTSD over. There’s no excuse for hitting the camera, but I can still fully empathize with the state of mind that might have led to it.

Falconer says the same phone number is popping up for "Kinks" and "Rubix." There's also a contact in here for "Say10."
by Adam Carter 11:41 AM

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 24s24 seconds ago
"Say10" is another contact, from 2012. Another is Shawn, created in 2011. #Millard #Smich

We're seeing a message tree sent from Millard to "Shaner" in 2010.

"Hey Shane it's Dell, can we do 12-5 this coming Saturday? Also, I took the yellow tj out for some Baja practice in the fresh snow, bent the front axel a bit, any ideas on getting a used axel out of something heavier? Or is new the only way to go?"
by Adam Carter 11:44 AM

"Shaner" responds: "Yeah 12 to 5 is fine. I will have 2 do some chekin on the tj."
by Adam Carter 11:44 AM

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 34s34 seconds ago
Another contact is "Shaner" Falconer is going to read them from 2010. #Millard asks him about doing hours, and about fixing something on his jeep "I was doing Baja practice in the snow," Millard says.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 46s46 seconds ago
Three text messages say "going through my old contact list, who is this? Dell." #LauraBabcock

Now texts from Sept. 28 2011 from "Jessica Cousin." Asking about "R U on email." Response from Millard is "email is so 90s."
by Adam Carter 11:47 AM

The Crown is using the messages to establish that Millard is the one using this phone.
by Adam Carter 11:47 AM

Now we're looking at another message incoming to "Say 10" from 2012. "So uh you wanna chill tomorro. Call me on the other phone let's talk."
by Adam Carter 11:48 AM

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 16s16 seconds ago
"You want to chill tomorrow? Call me on the other phone, let's talk." Mundane messages so far in court. "Link this number back my other one is charging." #LauraBabcock

Another message sent to "Say10" -- "On my way home now. Link the 905 umber in like an hour. Im gunna go charge it."
by Adam Carter 11:49 AM

Another message sent to "Say10" -- "Text this number. The other one died." This is from March 2012.
by Adam Carter 11:51 AM

Falconer says these messages happened in the eastern time zone.
by Adam Carter 11:51 AM

Now texts to a contact "Mi Negro" - "My other phones off. And charging. Gunna go for a smoke now. See u ina bit." This is also from 2012.
by Adam Carter 11:53 AM

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 39s39 seconds ago
"Mi negro" message Sept 4 2012. "My other phone is charging. Going for a smoke now, see you in a bit." #Smich #Millard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Renayz23