Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.09.17 - Day 13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw more pics and video on CHCH. OMG! They showed the video of the inside of the Eliminator with something burning in it. Good Lord.

So did DM all on his own take her in the tarp to the farm and let his love (MS) sleep in??? And what's up with the matters?

I'm still SHOCKED that these idiots didn't blurt out an all out admission in one of these texts. Something like "man we killed her good lol" considering how dumb they were about the whole process combined with all the drinking and drugs you'd think there would be a text like that.

No phone contact after April 2012? Or no phone contact as far as this trial is concerned?

What is the Crown doing here? Protecting Toronto Police Service? Wouldn't introducing the phone contact between LB and DM bring up the fact that SL tried to present this to TPS after LB was missing for about 2 weeks? Wouldn't that open TPS to a slaughter of the way they handled the missing person report - resulting in accusations of incompetence and or maybe LB chose to go missing?

I would understand that, however having someone testify that there was no phone contact seems .... like lying? Not impressed if this is only to protect TPS. They screwed up - own it imo and move on.

He was most likely using a burner phone from april on to text her, and that's why there is no trace from him to her from that time. He obviously knows this and thinks he's too smart for them. However he was too dumb to still carry his own phone with him and thus the pings? Maybe he wasn't answering the burner phone and thus she called his other number?

He was most likely using a burner phone from april on to text her, and that's why there is no trace from him to her from that time. He obviously knows this and thinks he's too smart for them. However he was too dumb to still carry his own phone with him and thus the pings? Maybe he wasn't answering the burner phone and thus she called his other number?

I guess those calls are not considered contact for some technical reason?

Could someone kindly post a link to the photos entered into evidence? I’m flipping through many articles but haven’t located the tarp photo. Perhaps I don’t need to see it...

Agreed, seems like a sick way of saying it, without saying it..

SomeITGuy.
Joking about the blue tarp, 'rid like herpes' these creeps are evil.
Justice will halt their 'lives of fun'!!

Could someone kindly post a link to the photos entered into evidence? I’m flipping through many articles but haven’t located the tarp photo. Perhaps I don’t need to see it...

I would be don't know how. You can find them on Adam Carter's twitter page.

Dellen Millard ordered an incinerator called 'The Eliminator' days before Laura Babcock went missing, court hears

14xjbyr.png

TORONTO — One of two men accused of killing Laura Babcock and burning her body ordered a large animal incinerator — called The Eliminator — days before the young woman disappeared five years ago, a Toronto court heard on Thursday.

[...]

Falconer, a former detective sergeant with the Ontario Provincial Police, showed court a series of photographs and videos taken from Millard’s phone at a hangar he owned at the Region of Waterloo International Airport on the same night.

One photo, taken at 11:14 p.m., shows Smich smiling and holding a black pole while standing in front of the incinerator.

Another photo, taken at 11:45 p.m., shows flames inside the incinerator.

A video recorded at the same time shows embers floating in the air, a streetlight in the distance and a rumbling sound in the background.

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...before-laura-babcock-went-missing-court-hears

Some pictures are here starting on page 20. Here is the tarp pic...

[video=twitter;928713210538098688]https://twitter.com/AdamCarterCBC/status/928713210538098688[/video]

:grouphug:

Horribly heartbreaking. Laura thought DM actually cared about her, and likely thought others in the group did as well (except of course CN)

I don't believe DM did this to her for any real reason but that he is a sick demented Psychopath, whatever reasons he had were more just an excuse. The thrill of his stealing missions just was not enough anymore. Maybe he even originally planned to make his dad disappear, then changed it to make it look like suicide after LB, maybe dad would have been 1 too many missing connected to him. MOO

You don’t get your inheritance quickly in a missing person case

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;928709994782117888]https://twitter.com/AdamCarterCBC/status/928709994782117888[/video]

Just catching up. Is that a bag of ice or cold water he is holding in his left hand? We heard something earlier about pus, and wondering if he burnt himself.

I never had the feeling that SS would have needed to be talked into anything.. got the impression he was 'in the know', able to be trusted with DM's confidences, etc. Remember all the secrecy surrounding TB's truck, and when his FIL was asking questions? Also, I recall when he said 'even me?' when asked to stay away from the hangar the day after TB was murdered. SS was a wealth of knowledge, and DM's right hand man as far as prepping his tools.. too bad there's not a charge for that. I wonder if his self conscience has got him at all yet, since the last time he took the stand? jmo.

I really, at this point, feel SS knew the hangar was being used for a "chop shop" and he was willfully blind and/or complacent. If it came in the door, he dealt with it. If he knew that the Eliminator was being used for some nefarious, there would be NO reason for DM to tell him there was a dead deer in Roseville, nor would he say anything about bookings for its use.
As for the him being incredulous about DM not wanting anyone in the hangar after TB's demise, I suspect SS was thinking about the chop shop and parts being there. After all, SS knew about the GPS on the Bobcat and was privy to the police being there. I think that is what SS was thinking DM was involved in. Theft and dealing in chopped vehicles, NOT murder.

Does anyone remember when he picked up the burner phone in Etobicoke from the TB trial? Maybe it's well after LB was gone but it definitely shows he had burner phones. Moo

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

But how did SL know, from LB's phone bill, that the last 8 calls were to DM's phone? Wouldn't SL have to know the number of DM's burner phone?

If there is evidence of a burner phone, belonging to DM with contact to LB's phone immediately prior her disappearance, why didn't the OPP analyse that and present it?

Seems the only evidence presented regarding LB's phone is the travel from Kipling Station to Maplegate on 3 July 2012 and the travel from Maplegate to Indian Grove in Mississauga on 4 July 2012.

Unless more is coming from someone else?

Where are the advertisements for the jobs then? I don't think we've seen these.

No, I think DM lied to SS about these "advertisements" because he wanted SS to speed up the mobility of the incinerator and saying he needed it for these "jobs" was a way to get him what he wanted quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostFromThePast