Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.16.17 - Day 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If RB distanced himself and his family from DM back in 2002, why would he allow his kids to go on an oversee trip alone with DM? Just does not make sense....

I don't know much about RB, but I believe he testified that the trip was his son was going back to medical school, so I think the "kids" might have been in their 20's. He may not have had a say about things.

MOO

The wood board. No mention of it....

the mattress. No further mention...

the hoses uses at one of DM's houses. Again, no explanation...or still no explanation.....

hmmm...I bet RB was the one paying for that trip...so perhaps he did not feel same way toward DM as he feels now....

hmmm...I bet RB was the one paying for that trip...so perhaps he did not feel same way toward DM as he feels now....

His son was going over there for medical school. But who knows who paid. And yes I would guess his feelings about DM got worse when he was charged with three murders.

So we’re still waiting for the crown to follow up with
Green van
Homemade incinerator
MM
? CN ( doubt she’ll testify)

Anyone have other thoughts

Laura's friend Julia. I have a feeling she will be one of the last to testify.

She is street smart and she knows a lot more than she ever said in court.
She knew what was going on.

MS: "Don't tell them anything don't tell them anything."

MS had told her that DM had killed TB and that he was gone,gone while he was there.

That's enough for him to want her to stay quiet.

And she did talk to police she didn't listen to him.

The whole celebratory reaction when they picked her up basically crushed any chance of DM and MS succeeding with a test drive gone wrong defense.

Do not understand the vitriol toward her.

So we’re still waiting for the crown to follow up with
Green van
Homemade incinerator
MM
? CN ( doubt she’ll testify)

Anyone have other thoughts

Some of these topic were introduced so that if Millard testifies, he can be cross examined on them. There my not be any more about the green van or the homemade incinerator during the Crown's case but there might be more if Millard calls witnesses including himself.

I noticed Millard already thought he needed to make the point he had switched vehicles although it's not clear why.

Woodland, they did say it happened at the farm in the CBC article, but from the tweets on that day, I think it happened at the hangar. As always, it's hard to know what we are missing when following the tweets, but here are some from Lisa Hepfner while SS was on the stand discussing this:
[video=twitter;930890477729189890]https://twitter.com/HefCHCHNews/status/930890477729189890[/video]
[video=twitter;930891219902828545]https://twitter.com/HefCHCHNews/status/930891219902828545[/video]
[video=twitter;930894104824750080]https://twitter.com/HefCHCHNews/status/930894104824750080[/video]

MOO

I don't think it happened at the hanger and definitely not on July 23rd. The incinerator ran the 8 hour initial run during the day on July 23rd. It was running when SS texted DM at 9ish am so would have been completed by 5 pm. SS testified that DM took the incinerator from the hanger shortly after the 8 hour run - though he was evasive about exactly when. By later that evening there were texts about having trouble keeping the incinerator running - turned out the generator was not producing enough power. So DM and MS took the incinerator to the hanger to complete the cycle.
What is not clear is if the burn on July 23rd was complete or not. SS would have gone to the farm at a later date - unclear if this was late July or late August - and this is when he smelt something rotten and peeked into the incinerator.
I'm not sure we'll ever know for sure.

And as Inspector (I think) noticed, embers shouldn't be flying around, unless the lid is open. I don't think flesh (animal or human) would give such embers. Tarp or clothing - yes.

The embers are from little pieces of red-hot carbon. Condensate on the inside of the chimney

Not sure I get you on the trail riding. As soon as you walk on a twig and it snapped you would be lucky to see a deer. It would hear it and hi tail it out of there, much more on and ATV.

I was responding to someone's question about what he would be out at the farm for anyhow? I can see if he was ATV riding he wouldn't want hunters around and it would explain why he was there so often. But, unless he transported ATVs to ride, there didn't seem to be any there so that reason for being annoyed by deer hunters at the farm doesn't play in the reasoning of how often he'd be there to be annoyed enough.

Was thinking, DM had the flight over to Europe and time in Europe to present the cremation idea to his uncle. The incinerator was currently ready and operational. Tested out.

In his questioning he infers he had opportunities to speak with his uncle's staff when the uncle wasn't there, but fails to tell of this presentation opportunity. Why? Because it never happened. Bunk.

I don't think RB was on the trip.
Lisa Hepfner: [FONT=&quot]Perhaps," it was most of August, Burns says. He's leaning forward in the witness box with his face in his hands, intent. [/FONT]#Millard[FONT=&quot] has put up a photo of what must be the Euro trip. [/FONT]#Millard[FONT=&quot] in foreground.[/FONT]
Lisa Hepfner: "C[FONT=&amp]entre background is Burns' son. "This image would be from that Euro triip, right?" I wasn't there Burns says. Young people crowded on a boat in the photo.[/FONT]

No, I don't think that at all. I'd like to see the map with his phone pings for the whole day.

Well, he did go to the hangar first, IIRC regarding the pings. Maybe his dad asked him where his van was and it was at the hangar so thought he'd better get it. Strange though.

The embers are from little pieces of red-hot carbon. Condensate on the inside of the chimney

Yes. Point is that temperature, oxygen supply or both were suboptimal. The embers also have to be dislodged. Hence, my conclusion is - open lid and tarp and/or clothing. Mostly likely the deer was dressed at Harry Rosen.

I hear what you are saying, family should look out for one another. But I think Dr. Burns had pegged DM as a problem child very early on. DM even lived with his family for some time when he was younger. I personally respect his characterization of DM because he was the only one whole seemed to face the truth and was honest about it. Everyone else was in denial and completely negligent. As we now see, that didn’t help anything.

I wonder what Uncle RB's relationship with his sister MB is like now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat