Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.16.17 - Day 17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ridiculousness is, that a deer hunter wouldn't leave the deer they killed.

They also wouldn't be hunting in the summer. Our deer hunt was last week here. It's the same week every year. "Here" being the same area as DM's farm.

No volunteers to take over? I'll keep going for a few more minutes, but if anyone could please take over I'd appreciate it! :D

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
38s38 seconds ago
More
Jury coming in now for #LauraBabcock murder trial, post afternoon break. #Millard uncle Robert Burns, veterinarian, is on the stand.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
Millard: "Is it possible on July 4, I would've came to the hangar in the Oldsmobile...and switched vehicles and left with the green van?"

Schlatman: "It's possible."

The Crown contends Babcock was killed sometime in the evening of July 3, 2012 or the morning of July 4, 2012.

Well I'm glad he cleared up. He was driving the Olds but switched to the green van. So... did he have LB in the Olds and move her to the van at the hangar? Then drove to the farm? hmmm

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
Jury coming in now for #LauraBabcock murder trial, post afternoon break. #Millard uncle Robert Burns, veterinarian, is on the stand.

Thank you, Matou!!! :loveyou:

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews34s35 seconds ago

Burns had a good long look at his nephew while he sat down, but #Millard didn't look up. Burns says he's been married since 98 and has 6 kids. Has a vet clinic in Woodbridge. Had the clinic since 1989.

Millard's mother is Burns' sister. "That is correct." Did he ever hear that Millard was talking about a pet cremation business? Only when a client at a neighbouring business told him.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews 30s30 seconds ago
He (Charlie) told me Millard bought a monstrous large animal incinerator, "he said, hey, I hear you're going into business with your nephew. I hear you're finally going to show interest in his life. He's bought this monster animal incinerator."

"Never, not with him, not with anyone in his entourage," would Burns consider going into pet cremation business with his nephew.

In addition, hunters need written permission to go on land that's not their own. If they don't have it, they risk big fines, losing their license, losing their guns, their vehicle, their right to a deer tag, etc. It's a big deal. Hunters don't wander around on land that doesn't belong to them.

Written permission from landowner is only required in specific Wildlife Management Units. The Roseville Farm is in WMU87a. This specific WMU does not have the written permission requirement.
All hunters (and anyone else) require permission, to hunt or even be on land that they do not own, or that is not public land. But not necessarily written permission.
Under the TPA (Trespass to Property Act), all land that is under tillage (crops planted) is deemed to be posted as "No Trespassing", even without signs indicating. Since someone was cropping DM farm, the land would be deemed "No Trespassing", he could pursue charges under the TPA for anyone on his land, and additional charges under the Fish & Wildlife laws for anyone hunting his land.

DM's "twisted" cross implications of deer problems is entirely a big, steaming, smelly pile of bull excrement.

I can post the live blog until the lunch break.

We are back in the courtroom now. Crown Jill Cameron calls the next witness: Robert Burns, Dellen Millard's uncle (his mother is Burns' sister) and a veterinarian in Woodbridge, On. A clinic he's had since 1989.

He's married with six children.
by Shannon Martin 12:09 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews 23s24 seconds ago

Dubien says many clients form deep bonds with their pets and want their ashes after cremation. Burns says he's had the same cremation business work for him since 1989 and they give excellent service. "They're quite creative in their ability to deal with clients."

Burns will freeze the animal and call the service to collect the pet for cremation. Most people who get their pet cremated get the ashes back; other owners can have pets incinerated in bulk.

Jill Cameron asks about a plan Millard had to start a business with Burns.

Burns said he'd never heard about it, until a friend reached out.

Burns recalls his friend said "Hey I hear you are going into business with your nephew. I hear you are finally showing some interest in his life."
Burns asked his friend "What do you mean? "
His friend replied "He's bought this monstrous animal incinerator. He told me you two are going into business together."

Cameron asks again, had Burns and Millard ever talked about going into business together?

"Never, not with him, or anyone in his entourage," Burns answers.
by Shannon Martin 12:13 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews 37s37 seconds ago

Service is discrete; they come into the back of the clinic. Pets are labeled specifically. "There are a lot of rules and regulations," through the college of Veterinarians. Says "it's done and registered professionally," Burns says.

"It's not just pick up a pet and cremate it," Burns says there are many regulations and laws around disposal of remains. #LauraBabcock He's never heard of a mobile business. "I was blown away. It was the most absurd thing I'd ever heard of."

Oh yay for Mr. Burns. I feel for these people, having to testify over and over and look at DM for this whole charade.

Burns tells the court he already has a long-time working relationship with a pet cremation company.

"Their service is excellent. When people request pets to be cremated, they offer options for owners, cute things, memorabilia, paw prints, they can make figurines. They are quite creative in their ability to satisfy a client."

He repeats he had no intention to change services.

Cameron Burns if he's ever heard of a mobile pet cremation service.

"I in 30 years had never heard of one. Quite frankly I was blown away. It was the most absurd thing I ever heard of."
by Shannon Martin 12:16 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews 37s37 seconds ago

Service is discrete; they come into the back of the clinic. Pets are labeled specifically. "There are a lot of rules and regulations," through the college of Veterinarians. Says "it's done and registered professionally," Burns says.

"It's not just pick up a pet and cremate it," Burns says there are many regulations and laws around disposal of remains. #LauraBabcock He's never heard of a mobile business. "I was blown away. It was the most absurd thing I'd ever heard of."

God bless this man

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews 29s30 seconds ago

"By 2012 when this transpired, i had disentangled myself and my family from #Millard," Burns says, but he saw him twice after he heard about the pet incineration business. Lots of "useless drivel" came from #Millard's mouth, but never mentioned the cremation business, Burns says

"It is unimaginable. Can you imagine lighting the incinerator in a strip mall? Then drive down Main St to the next clinic? I'm glad he didn't mention it," Burns says. #LauraBabcock

Burns said he'd "dis-entangled" his family from Millard in 2012.

Millard never mentioned the idea to him in person, he testifies.

"I just remember the useless dribble that came from his mouth."

Burns said he was happy Millard didn't bring up the idea.

"Can you imagine driving up to a strip mall to a vet clinic, picking up animal carcasses, and lighting up an incinerator right there in the parking lot, and then travelling down the road to the next stop?"
by Shannon Martin 12:18 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews 34s35 seconds ago

So this guy Dubien did IT work for you and #Millard? Judge asks. Burns found that out later, but Dubien was a business neighbour of his. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews 29s30 seconds ago

"By 2012 when this transpired, i had disentangled myself and my family from #Millard," Burns says, but he saw him twice after he heard about the pet incineration business. Lots of "useless drivel" came from #Millard's mouth, but never mentioned the cremation business, Burns says

"It is unimaginable. Can you imagine lighting the incinerator in a strip mall? Then drive down Main St to the next clinic? I'm glad he didn't mention it," Burns says. #LauraBabcock

If DM has a shred of common sense (doubtful) he will not even consider cross examining this witness. CB, I think is more than happy to get the opportunity to give evidence against DM again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214