Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.22.17 - Day 20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for doing the blog and tweets today, Velma and especially for the DM business card!
:cupcake::yourock::cupcake:

The jury has left the courtroom for the day, we'll be with you tomorrow morning at 11:30 a.m. ET.

And we'll post a recap later this evening from what happened today. Thank you for reading along and sending your questions and comments.
by Shannon Martin 4:24 PM

Everyone likely!
[video=youtube;B7K9ryiIhss]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7K9ryiIhss[/video]
Well clearly this isn't a song Dungey would know lol moo

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Thanks for doing the blog and tweets today, Velma and especially for the DM business card!
:cupcake::yourock::cupcake:

You're welcome!

The business card kept me amused over the break :D Glad you guys enjoyed it.

I wonder if Laura knew something. The whole phone thing surrounding AM is just odd and strange IMO. Did she know something or find something out from that phone? Finding it in a park just doesn't sit right.. Jmo

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I think Dungey was linking Ish to the song.....a guy that was all about making his money from cocaine. Trying to have a mic drop moment this trial.

Yeah, pockets full of crack cocaine. Something along those lines.

So a police officer....and what about the camp person???

Yeah, pockets full of crack cocaine. Something along those lines.

So a police officer....and what about the camp person???

I think whatever the camp supervisor might have had, got shut down in legal arguments without CN being at trial to speak to certain things.

I think Dungey was linking Ish to the song.....a guy that was all about making his money from cocaine. Trying to have a mic drop moment this trial.

If you read the lyrics its about a guy that builds an empire then gets busted and sent away. His buddy kills the judge and gets sent away with him. He does his time goes back to selling crack on the streets, rebuilding his empire.

I pray this isn't Smich asking MWJ to cap the Judge.

Police officer for more text messages?

That crack song ...old school... from the early 90's! Dungey goes way back.

If you read the lyrics its about a guy that builds an empire then gets busted and sent away. His buddy kills the judge and gets sent away with him. He does his time goes back to selling crack on the streets, rebuilding his empire.

I pray this isn't Smich asking MWJ to cap the Judge.

More like Dungey is suggesting that Matthew hasn't changed, and is destined to continue being a punk with future dates with the law.

I think we when we get to read about "what the jury didn't hear", things are going to fall into place.

No doubt in my mind that DM and MS are guilty. Just biding my time now until this goes to the Jury.

MOO

More like Dungey is suggesting that Matthew hasn't changed, and is destined to continue being a punk with future dates with the law.

I agree. That regardless of what happens at his upcoming sentencing, when he gets out, he will be back to selling crack, working his crew.

Not long now!
I think we when we get to read about "what the jury didn't hear", things are going to fall into place.

No doubt in my mind that DM and MS are guilty. Just biding my time now until this goes to the Jury.

MOO

So ya there is no way Dungey knew that song. So it was MS telling Dungey to reference that. Why?

Does anyone recall in the TB trial that someone accused DM of hitting his dog, Pedo? I seem to remember something about that and I think it could be important because I think DM wants the jury to see him as a great dog lover and someone who would not harm a defenseless animal, unlike say, a sociopath might. I wish I could recall the details. Anyone?

All MOO

Sorry way behind today but it is well recognized that those who abuse animals will often progress to abusing people.

So ya there is no way Dungey knew that song. So it was MS telling Dungey to reference that. Why?

IMO, it is not very ethical of a defense lawyer - even if instructed by his client - to send a cryptic message to a Crown witness in open court during a murder trial, if that's actually what Dungey intended and did.

I wonder if the jury will ask for the lyrics and discuss their relevance.

All MOO

IMO, it is not very ethical of a defense lawyer - even if instructed by his client - to send a cryptic message to a Crown witness in open court during a murder trial, if that's actually what Dungey intended and did.

I wonder if the jury will ask for the lyrics and discuss their relevance.

All MOO

Absolutely. And there is no way it was anything but that. What else could it be? That question did nothing to help his client. Why is old man Dungey engaging in these games..

Yup. It's just like the way he wrapped up his cross-examination of Christina Noudga at the Bosma trial. Here's what Adam Carter wrote:

Dungey chose a very specific point in Millard's letters to his former lover with which to cap off his cross-examination. He showed a portion on the courtroom screens where Millard wrote, "I deserve you, and you deserve me."

"That's what he wrote to you, right?" Dungey said, and Noudga agreed.

"No further questions," Dungey said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/bosma-noudga-testimony-laughter-1.3565679

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaravpatel