Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.28.17 - Day 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is HUGE. Someone who knows someone personally doesn't just confuse them in real life up close like that.

Yes they do, it happens all the time. You think you see someone you know and it's not them. Plus he can't even recognize her photo and per the point below....

How could the witness have learned through the media to be shocked at seeing LB in October 2012 when LB being missing wasn't even reported in the media until after Tim was killed in 2013?

DM just got lawyered

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
1m1 minute ago
More
Austerweil saw and heard the video clip. Does he recognize that person? No. No. He shakes his head. It looks like Laura, he says. The voice doesn't sound like her. "She had a strong voice. She was very self confident." #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
18s18 seconds ago
More
If he had seen "this person" he would not have thought that was #LauraBabcock. She always had dark hair and put it in a bun.

This is HUGE. Someone who knows someone personally doesn't just confuse them in real life up close like that.
Really? I've thought I've seen my sister at the mall and it wasn't her.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

How could the witness have learned through the media to be shocked at seeing LB in October 2012 when LB being missing wasn't even reported in the media until after Tim was killed in 2013?

Not true. It was on Global News in 2012 - there's a link on an old Reddit post (long before the DM and MS charges) but unfortunately the link no longer works. It was also on the Toronto Police website at the time.

I have to wonder if he is being secretly hostile. Cause he has really bad recall memory.

Through the facebook group I assume.

Recall AM sent DM the news article about Laura being missing, prompting DM to say "What you'd do?"

lol...know I KNOW you're just joking with us Night ...HUGE? lol

it was either March or October......it was definitely Laura but she didn't sound like the known video of her or look like a known picture of her.....oh and she lost 50 pounds and was dressed differently.....but yeah.....HUGE.....

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
1m1 minute ago
More
Austerweil saw and heard the video clip. Does he recognize that person? No. No. He shakes his head. It looks like Laura, he says. The voice doesn't sound like her. "She had a strong voice. She was very self confident." #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
18s18 seconds ago
More
If he had seen "this person" he would not have thought that was #LauraBabcock. She always had dark hair and put it in a bun.

I assume they're trying to get to the point that the witness saw "someone" in Oct 2012 that looked the way LB used to look, not the way she looked in June/July 2012 when she disappeared.

Old Laura appearance being projected - not as thin, brown hair, casual dresser. New Laura - (much?) thinner, blonde hair, more dressed up (like a hooker?).

a314a0a2-8966-459d-a231-86ee3d26ce96_500.jpg

Millard??? is going to show the cat meow video?!? Geez the way this is going right now I thought the crown was doing the questioning?!? What is going on
Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
30s30 seconds ago
More
He still doesn't see a resemblance to Laura Babcock in the Laura Babcock missing poster, he still says. Millard is going to play the meowing video.

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
28s28 seconds ago
More
Austerweil did not go to police but they came to interview him. He told police that Babcock looked nothing like the woman in the missing persons poster.
Austerweil: I don't see a resemblance.

Really? I've thought I've seen my sister at the mall and it wasn't her.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I work with the public and quite often I think I see people I know or have met, but it isn't always them. I've also met people with very similar voices to others I know, and that's always quite strange.

it was either March or October......it was definitely Laura but she didn't sound like the known video of her or look like a known picture of her.....oh and she lost 50 pounds and was dressed differently.....but yeah.....HUGE.....

You forgot to add that she was at an unnamed ‘nut store’ on two streets that do not intersect and run parallel across most of the city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I had an idea of where this was going but I think this witness has taken us off on a separate track altogether.

Millard is back up again.

He plays the witness a video court has seen of Laura Babcock previously, a very brief video clip where she's meowing (an inside joke with a friend).

Austerweil says if he had seen this person he would not recognized her as Laura Babcock.

Millard is finished his questions.
by Shannon Martin 4:22 PM

Court has finished for the day, and the jury is dismissed.

We'll post a recap later this evening. Thank you for reading and following along.
by Shannon Martin 4:24 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
5m5 minutes ago
More
"I've gotta be sensitive to the rules of re-examination your honour," #Millard says. Wonders if the video was more Laura than the photo? Improper question. He is done.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
5m5 minutes ago
More
Jury is done for the day. #LauraBabcock

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
4m4 minutes ago
More
Millard shows Austerweil a video of Laura Babcock, she is laughing and smiling.
He says he doesn't recognize her as Laura.
Done for day.
Cont tomorrow. No word yet if Millard w take the stand himself.

lol - what a waste of another defense witness.. lol 97% sure he saw LB in a store, then can't recognize her from a picture or a video taken days before she fell off the face of the earth.. Someone have any idea of what this is costing the tax payer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE