Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.05.17 - Closing Arguments - Day 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Millard says the letter was written sometime before April 10, 2014, when they were seized by police from Noudga's bedroom.

He says he did not get any disclosure leading up to the trial, just a missing persons poster that said Babcock disappeared June 26, 2012.

Of the letter to Noudga about the night Babcock disappeared, Millard tells the jury:

"It's of little evidentiary value, because we haven't heard from Christina to tell us what it means."
by Shannon Martin 1:13 PM

What day was he charged for LB's murder again?

I keep hearing his voice from those Croatia recordings and overlaying it on this spectacle, imagining what he must sound like speaking to the jury. He's got kind of a mid tone voice that occasionally lilts just slightly to the feminine. I was struck by that recent observers comments that he seemed lonely and lost in the courtroom. I do feel some pity for somebody so unselfaware, so unsuited for this grave, life altering situation.

Yes, the love triangle motive is always a bit of a stretch with a psychopath.

I`ll bet the Crown backs off on that a bit in her closing and says it`s a possible motive but there are plenty of other possible reasons.

It was always a screwy motive. He does have a point about that.

I keep hearing his voice from those Croatia recordings and overlaying it on this spectacle, imagining what he must sound like speaking to the jury. He's got kind of a mid tone voice that occasionally lilts just slightly to the feminine. I was struck by that recent observers comments that he seemed lonely and lost in the courtroom. I do feel some pity for somebody so unselfaware, so unsuited for this grave, life altering situation.

What were the Croatia recordings?

Can't y'all just see the lineup of inmates seeking legal council/advice from DM ???!!! :laughing::jail::happydance:

What were the Croatia recordings?

Some video of him on a sailboat and then a on a dingy exploring an underwater cavern. There were three clips in total. I last saw them in the video section of the FB group "Dellen Millard Plagiarize the Case".

I mean discuss. Discuss the case. Sorry about that. :)

Some video of him on a sailboat and then a on a dingy exploring an underwater cavern. There were three clips in total. I last saw them in the video section of the FB group "Dellen Millard Plagiarize the Case".

I mean discuss. Discuss the case. Sorry about that. :)

:floorlaugh: Thanks, I'll take a look

:floorlaugh: Thanks, I'll take a look

If you click 'Videos' and then look through the playlists there is a 'Dellen Millard' playlist. They're in there, dated June 12 and 13th of 2013. :)

As somebody who has been on the 'wrong' side of arguments in other cases, I think it's the worst kind of trolling and bullying groupthink to imply that people who don't agree with you must be related to somebody from the case, or worse, be somebody from the case. It completely undermines the sincere efforts somebody puts in to contribute to the group and the conversation. And invariably you get a little gang willing to like/thank the posts. I find it a massive turn off.

I get where you are coming from and agree one should not automatically assume one knows an accused just because they are not in agreement with the majority. I myself have been on "the other side of the fence" in numerous discussions here. Sure the debate can get heated but I find most of us try to be respectful with each other even is disagreement. The worst kind of trolling though is when someone comes on and makes statements just to incite and inflame the board. MOO I for one enjoy hearing everyone's opinions, as long as it's done with respect for all.

I do feel some pity for somebody so unselfaware, so unsuited for this grave, life altering situation.

RSBM

He is wholly responsible for being in this grave, life-altering situation by all of the dumb and selfish decisions he has made, not just with respect to this trial, but his entire life. He had every opportunity to become a success in life and decided to throw it all away.

I feel pity for Laura’s family who have to sit in a courtroom seeing images of their daughter incinerated and for a little girl in Anacaster growing up without a father because some silver spoon fed loser wanted to play the role of crime kingpin. All MOO

RSBM

He is wholly responsible for being in this grave, life-altering situation by all of the dumb and selfish decisions he has made, not just with respect to this trial, but his entire life. He had every opportunity to become a success in life and decided to throw it all away.

I feel pity for Laura’s family who have to sit in a courtroom seeing images of their daughter incinerated and for a little girl in Anacaster growing up without a father because some silver spoon fed loser wanted to play the role of crime kingpin. All MOO

Yes, I like to think that I have a lot of empathy for most people but DM had everything handed to him in life on a silver platter and it wasn't enough. He needed to use all of the advantages that had been given to him to wreak havoc and tragedy on numerous people's lives.

MOO. I sincerely doubt that, although many juries have shocked me before.

I am curious: did you believe he would be (and/or should be) acquitted in Tim’s trial?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No that's as a different story. That case had a ton of real evidence. As long as the jury legitimately isn't aware of the TB case I think they aquit Dell.

If you click 'Videos' and then look through the playlists there is a 'Dellen Millard' playlist. They're in there, dated June 12 and 13th of 2013. :)

I found them. He is wearing the same shirt he was wearing when we was arrested.

Dell did a nice thing. He spared MS. He could have easily put it on him. I guess he learned from the TB trial that that approach doesn't work. I wonder if Dungey was expecting that defense. I also wonder if Dungey will go with the flow of LB is still missing or if he will throw poor Dell under the bus.

I get where you are coming from and agree one should not automatically assume one knows an accused just because they are not in agreement with the majority. I myself have been on "the other side of the fence" in numerous discussions here. Sure the debate can get heated but I find most of us try to be respectful with each other even is disagreement. The worst kind of trolling though is when someone comes on and makes statements just to incite and inflame the board. MOO I for one enjoy hearing everyone's opinions, as long as it's done with respect for all.

The true worst kind of trolling IMO is when

I agree that we should be respectful with each other’s opinions and try to understand many different perspectives.

But I also think that if you choose to make an opinionated statement that you should also be able to explain the reasoning behind your conclusion.

That is what makes for interesting debates. [emoji4]

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, the love triangle motive is always a bit of a stretch with a psychopath.

I`ll bet the Crown backs off on that a bit in her closing and says it`s a possible motive but there are plenty of other possible reasons.

Yes, apparently DM didn't love CN enough to kill for her. His father on the other hand. now there's the great love of his life. Someone, he was willing to kill for...

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/4460077-accused-bosma-killer-says-he-loved-his-dad/[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member