Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.06.17 - Closing Arguments - Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? How so? I found DM clearly attacked the victim. Dungey seems to be presenting her as intelligent but vulnerable, IMO.
Agreed. I think he's spoken about her and her family with much respect. Moo

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I think he likely found out through evidence submissions that his lawyer would have been shown before trial. I can imagine him shaking his head.....oh *(#$!

I never considered that but I'm not a lawyer and have no experience on how lawyers work.

I agree. She should have been called. We all know why she wasn't but good on him for stressing that point. If I was on the jury and knew nothing of CN I would be questioning why they never called her. MOO

I don’t think she was called because she got hostile or maybe it came out the CN and DM are still talking....as per DMs closing. I’m sure the crown had reason as to why they didn’t call her.

MOO

I don’t think she was called because she got hostile or maybe it came out the CN and DM are still talking....as per DMs closing. I’m sure the crown had reason as to why they didn’t call her.

MOO

Or contradicted crown's narrative

The Crown's theory has long been that Babcock was killed because of a love triangle. Dungey stresses he's not here to defend Millard, but there's some overlap, as he and Smich are charged together.
by Adam Carter 10:22 AM

Dungey now pointing out Noudga wasn't called as a witness. "Christina Noudga is one of the causes, allegedly, of the death of Laura Babcock. Only naturally would we expect Christina Noudga to be called. The onus is on the Crown -- they did not call her."
by Adam Carter 10:23 AM

I still wonder if the Crown couldn't get her out of Poland to testify. I don't think subpoenas work abroad.

Both Dungey and DM are making it sound like CN WAS at the court warming the bench and the crown ended up not putting her up for whatever reason they had. Did she get very hostile, did they find out DM and CN still talked (according to DM) Thete has to be a good reason why. Since both Dungey and DM have hit on this, I’m assuming we’ll hear why The crown didn’t put her on the stand.

JMO

Given how useless she was in the first trial and they got the letter, they did not need her on the stand. I am glad she was not , she was a vile, pathetic piece of garbage. IT is bad enough to have to be sickened by DM in the courtroom without another vilest piece of garbage like CN.

MOO

Court is now back in session. Just waiting on the jury.
by Adam Carter 11:53 AM

She never met with the crown in the previous case IIRC they had no clue what she would say

Well if I went around telling everyone I had a Ferrari in my garage and say you said I'll come see it and vouch for you....id be like nah it's ok...and continue telling everyone i have a Ferrari in my garage

Given how useless she was in the first trial and they got the letter, they did not need her on the stand. I am glad she was not , she was a vile, pathetic piece of garbage. IT is bad enough to have to be sickened by DM in the courtroom without another vilest piece of garbage like CN.

It was a rather amazing phenomenon during the TB trial, that when she testified, the murderers were not the most loathed people in the room.

Lisa Hepfner‏@HefCHCHNews

Jury is back.

It critically disconnects Smich from the incinerator as part of a plan. That is key in my mind to making what he did after with regard to incineration irrelevant to a murder conviction. If he's part of a plan on the other hand, the incineration is an element of that murder.

Further to my previous reply: I should realize by now, lol, that all these things that I can’t understand at this point in a trial will be clarified by the Judge’s charge to the jury. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dungey is now continuing his close to the jury.
by Adam Carter 11:54 AM

Dungey now talking about the evidence court has heard from witnesses who have previously said they saw Babcock after early July 2012, when she was allegedly killed. Dungey says they will have to decide how much weight to give that evidence.
by Adam Carter 11:56 AM

Dungey is so quiet starting off I can barely hear what he's saying. Mentioning the people who thought they saw #LauraBabcock after her alleged disappearance.

I'm sure she would. All the more reason for DM to call her.
Too risky. She could have messed up Dell's story. It's better this way for Dell. How can you claim a love triangle motive and not call the one girl that's for a fact alive. If I'm on the jury i see this as very fishy.

The jury determines what weight to give any piece of evidence, Dungey says. "But we have four instances of some evidence that Laura was seen after the 3rd & 4th of July," Dungey says. "It's very important."

The bone photos were blurry. All the experts agreed on that point, Dungey says. One expert thought the debris in the incinerator was a deer bone, he reminds the jury. Says his mind went in circles reading Dr. Rogers' testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member