Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.06.17 - Closing Arguments - Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dungey now talking about the seizure of those items by police.
by Adam Carter 11:08 AM

We're seeing photos of the red bag on the bed at Smich's home. Dungey says if Smich had anything to do with this, he would've gotten someone to throw out that bag.
by Adam Carter 11:11 AM

Lisa Hepfner‏@HefCHCHNews

Dungey is showing the photos from the police search of #Smich house. Smich is in custody at the time. If he knew #LauraBabcock's bag was in his house, he would have called someone and told them to dispose of it, Dungey says.

Six months after that first search, investigators go back to #Smich's house and confiscate the red bag with #LauraBabcock's ID. Of course a guilty person would have gotten rid of the bag by then, Dungey says. "The bag is sitting there, there it is, see?"

Dungey says the bag sat there on the bed for 6 months in between police seizures. "If somebody is involved in a murder, and they have a bag from the deceased, are they going to let it sit in their house?" Dungey asks.
by Adam Carter 11:12 AM

The tag on the bag has Laura Babcock's name on it. "Is that what a person allegedly involved in a murder would do?" Dungey again asks.
by Adam Carter 11:13 AM

Dungey again says this bag was given to him from Millard.
by Adam Carter 11:13 AM

Dungey says this "demonstrates innocence, not guilt."
by Adam Carter 11:14 AM

The bag is full of spray cans, Dungey notes, for graffiti. Does that make sense for a guy involved in a murder? You pull the tag out and it's got #LauraBabcock's name on it! #Smich would have known he had her bag at his house.

I respect the effort Dungey is putting out on behalf of his client, and it's his obligation as a defence lawyer, but - it still sickens me to know that he is well aware of the circumstances that incinerator has been used for in the case of TB.

Smich had no idea of the significance of the bag, that's why it's there. "That demonstrates innocence, not guilt. He didn't do anything about it because he had no reason to.... he had nothing to do with the disappearance of #LauraBabcock," Dungey says.

Dungey says the bag sat there on the bed for 6 months in between police seizures. "If somebody is involved in a murder, and they have a bag from the deceased, are they going to let it sit in their house?" Dungey asks.
by Adam Carter 11:12 AM

Not everyone is smart like you, Dungey.

The red bag came from #Millard, Dungey says. He's going to show the text message proof, if he can get it up on the screen.

Smich had no idea of the significance of the bag, that's why it's there. "That demonstrates innocence, not guilt. He didn't do anything about it because he had no reason to.... he had nothing to do with the disappearance of #LauraBabcock," Dungey says.
I actually believe MS had no clue that bag belonged to LB.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I'm feeling the same way here. The only thing I can think of is the pet cremation business is the narrative he's trying to get the jury to believe is what MS thinks the incinerator is for. Moo

Thank you! I didn’t think of that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The messages are between #Smich and #Millard in September of 2012. Smich is going to get the red bag back to him, the loaned one. Millard says he can keep it, he needs bags. Smich says "Sweet." He can use it.

Court now seeing texts between Millard and Smich. In those texts, Millard says "that's yours now," about the bag.
by Adam Carter 11:17 AM

"There's no doubt Mr Smich was given the red bag by Mr. Millard," Dungey says.

Now we're moving on to the iPad. It originally was Babcock's, court has heard, but it was later renamed "Mark's iPad." Dungey says the iPad came from Millard, too.
by Adam Carter 11:18 AM

They made her a special non-legal subpoena that said “Christina. Please be in court and prepared to testify on November 28. C U next Tuesday.”
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Well, when you are in jail for another murder and you think you got away with LB's murder, the red bag in your room and drawing anyone's attention to it might not be your first plan. Just sayin'. But well played, Dungey, in this situation.

Where did the iPad come from, Dungey asks. Meneses says she was outside smoking when #Smich came out with the iPad and they agree to share it. They've never had one before. #Millard shows them how to use it, & starts deleting stuff off of it, Dungey says. All Millard.

Court now seeing texts between Millard and Smich. In those texts, Millard says "that's yours now," about the bag.

"There's no doubt Mr Smich was given the red bag by Mr. Millard," Dungey says.

Now we're moving on to the iPad. It originally was Babcock's, court has heard, but it was later renamed "Mark's iPad." Dungey says the iPad came from Millard, too.
by Adam Carter 11:18 AM
The bag, the iPad and the letters is how I see MS as being set up as the fall guy. At this point before the Crown's address I'm unsure of the extent of MS knowledge or involvement in LB's case. I wish/hope it becomes more clear.

We're now seeing texts from Smich to Millard. It says "I never bought is ipad bro U gave it to me"
by Adam Carter 11:20 AM

"The iPad came from Mr. Millard," Dungey says.
by Adam Carter 11:21 AM

We're now taking the morning break. Dungey says he'll finish up afterwards.
by Adam Carter 11:21 AM

We'll be back at 11:50 a.m.
by Adam Carter 11:22 AM

Dell is very laid back. I don't think he could come across angry if he tried

They are paying attention to Dungey cuz DM was boring and so full of BS! His goose is cooked but the jury will pay close attention to Dungey because it seemed like MS wasn’t even on the courtroom and part of the trial!

So of course the jury is more attentive to Dungey because they need to decide if MS is in fact guilty where DM is done!

Other text messages show the iPad was given to #Smich from #Millard, Dungey shows. "That's circumstantial evidence the crown would want you to look at in regards to my client's involvement" in #LauraBabcock disappearance.

Court break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member