Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.06.17 - Closing Arguments - Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling the same way here. The only thing I can think of is the pet cremation business is the narrative he's trying to get the jury to believe is what MS thinks the incinerator is for. Moo

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

It critically disconnects Smich from the incinerator as part of a plan. That is key in my mind to making what he did after with regard to incineration irrelevant to a murder conviction. If he's part of a plan on the other hand, the incineration is an element of that murder.

But it had her name tag on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes and it was hidden in the bottom.. I actually feel that was a surprise to everyone in this trial. I don't think anyone expected her name to be there. Moo

I want to hear what he has to say about the rap and the conversation in the garage.

That is the real evidence against his client that makes it real for the jury.

The speed, clarity and conciseness of Adam Carter's tweets is impressive. He is quite the journalist.

Thanks to those working on tweets!!

I want to hear what he has to say about the rap and the conversation in the garage.

I feel that's after the fact stuff....

Obviously leaving that to the end. He needs that to be his big finale and what the Jury will remember. It will be interesting to see how he explains that away.

It critically disconnects Smich from the incinerator as part of a plan. That is key in my mind to making what he did after with regard to incineration irrelevant to a murder conviction. If he's part of a plan on the other hand, the incineration is an element of that murder.

Excellent point. I understand now. Thank you.

Obviously leaving that to the end. He needs that to be his big finale and what the Jury will remember. It will be interesting to see how he explains that away.
You think he would have glossed over that part quickly lol

Well, when you are in jail for another murder and you think you got away with LB's murder, the red bag in your room and drawing anyone's attention to it might not be your first plan. Just sayin'. But well played, Dungey, in this situation.
Unfortunately will the jury will get to know that?
Was thinking about what DM said about the bag, that it could have been left him with years before when they were in a relationship. If it was, I would have thought that someone, e.g. AM, would have seen it but it was not mentioned. Equally though I would also have thought that one of the witnesses who saw LB just before she disappeared like SL or the guy who let her stay at his place or the lady who rescued her from the park bench would have been able to identify the bag as one she had with her, but none was asked to do that, iirc.

The bag name tag was one of the ones that you pull out the insert from the tag to see the name. I don't think MS was one to regularly put his name on things other than things like overpasses. I doubt he knew her name was there.

I respect the effort Dungey is putting out on behalf of his client, and it's his obligation as a defence lawyer, but - it still sickens me to know that he is well aware of the circumstances that incinerator has been used for in the case of TB.

I really don't like the way Dungey is attacking the victim here. I don't think the jury will like it either. JMO

The bag name tag was one of the ones that you pull out the insert from the tag to see the name. I don't think MS was one to regularly put his name on things other than things like overpasses. I doubt he knew her name was there.

MS likely found out it was there when it was shown to the court.

I really don't like the way Dungey is attacking the victim here. I don't think the jury will like it either. JMO

Really? How so? I found DM clearly attacked the victim. Dungey seems to be presenting her as intelligent but vulnerable, IMO.

Hahaha this made me laugh. Overpasses

MS likely found out it was there when it was shown to the court.

I think he likely found out through evidence submissions that his lawyer would have been shown before trial. I can imagine him shaking his head.....oh *(#$!

I sincerely believe that you are conducting some sort of experiment with this group. MOO.

Or that Night is a resident of some highly peculiar meta-universe where an alternate paradigm exists....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214