Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.12.17 - Final Charge - *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
3 --
LB was killed at Maple Gate in a crime of passion. I don't completely believe a gun was used, but that's not relevant.
The radio silence is indicative, to me, that the accused were together and carrying out their crime.
MM's location? Somewhere in the house, stoned out of her gourd? Passed out after a high?

It was not a crime of passion or couldn't be a 1st degree charge.

Def: A crime of passion (French:crime passionnel), in popular usage, refers to a violent crime, especially homicide, in which the perpetrator commits the act against someone because of sudden strong impulse such as sudden rage rather than as a premeditated crime.

So it seems that MM knew a whole lot more than what was let on in court. SMH

No word on how those letters made it out of the Barton St jail...

Methinks that the letters will be evidence in the WM trial.

I wonder why that text about selling drugs and killing hookers wasn’t admissible. Sounds like it is related to the case...
I agree, they could have redacted the "selling/smuggling drugs" part.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
2m2 minutes ago
Judge Code reads the note. The jury is asking for a sets of dominos and two decks of cards.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
13s13 seconds ago
Jury passed a request to judge Code. Reporters are converging back into the room. #LauraBabcock

:floorlaugh:

No word on how those letters made it out of the Barton St jail...

Methinks that the letters will be evidence in the WM trial.

I'm thinking that the fact that something related to the the letters still seems to be under publication ban probably indicates that the letters may make an appearance in the WM trial. That presumes that there is not some parallel process going on, like the lawyer that presumably shuttled them between DM and MB having some legal situation of his own going on relating to them, for example.

It was not a crime of passion or couldn't be a 1st degree charge.

Def: A crime of passion (French:crime passionnel), in popular usage, refers to a violent crime, especially homicide, in which the perpetrator commits the act against someone because of sudden strong impulse such as sudden rage rather than as a premeditated crime.
they said the prosecution wanted to include that killing Laura was also s thrill kill but it was not allowed, It should have been.

we only found out about the gun and his dad today, after the jury was sequestered. It wasn’t admissable as evidence.
But wouldn't it be admissible in the next trial? I'm surprised this is allowed to be published in msm

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

What i’ve Never understood is why SS discovered that smell in August. Even from the blurry picture they took of bones burning in the incinerator it didn’t look like there was anything other than bones in there. That incinerator was HOT. It would have taken a long time to cool off too. Would there really have been anything left in there that would smell? And if they didn’t do a complete burn, why would they wait until August to have the tank refilled?

It smelled not unlike everything that came from SS' pie-hole...

Millard texted Smich: “The BBQ is the last piece of the 3500 puzzle.”

Wow, why didn’t we hear that one in the TB trial?!

I've never been more convinced that these 2 are guilty as sin than I am in this very moment.

(I haven't read all the WTJDH articles yet ... I'm catching up with you folk and have about 10 tabs open waiting for me ... so these snippits are the first I am seeing. Reprehensible.)

But wouldn't it be admissible in the next trial? I'm surprised this is allowed to be published in msm

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

It's an interesting question. Obviously a gun recovered along with a suicide victim is expected, and maybe the fact that DM purchased it will not be a significant element of the Crown's argument in that case? Since they lived in the same house I suppose it would be easy to argue that his dad simply used a gun he had access to from his son's collection. So maybe in that sense it isn't sufficiently prejudicial.

So DM was going to get Smich a gun and ammo while he was in the US in April? Was this also when Noudga was with him in Vegas?

The lack of a true hero in Tim's case was and remains depressing. Humans gonna human, but still.

I thought that SS's father-in-law (I forget his name) went above and beyond and he certainly broke the code of silence that everyone else working for DM seemed so willing to keep.

It will be interesting to see all of what the jury didn’t hear after WM trial. DM was sloppy and my guess is that there will be details in his jailhouse letters and likely texts to MS and Isho. Wouldn’t be surprised to see SS and AM pop up again. For everyone who keeps saying that this is about theft, don’t forget that he allegedly killed his own FATHER.

BBM.

To steal his money.

But, I don't disagree. There is more to this than thievery, and this is becoming very apparent as we see WTJDH articles, inclusive of redacted texts.

I thought that SS's father-in-law (I forget his name) went above and beyond and he certainly broke the code of silence that everyone else working for DM seemed so willing to keep.

Arthur Jennings. Once he learned that it was Tim's truck he declined to tell Crime Stoppers/police where it was at that time. He only called back once police showed up at the hangar via a different lead the next day. After that initial call to Crime Stoppers, I think his actions were all motivated to protect himself. At least one of the Bosmas has gone out of their way to protest that he was not a good guy in this story.

Apparently the jury is back. Likely with a question.

Arthur Jennings. Once he learned that it was Tim's truck he declined to tell Crime Stoppers/police where it was at that time. He only called back once police showed up at the hangar via a different lead the next day. After that initial call to Crime Stoppers, I think his actions were all motivated to protect himself. At least one of the Bosmas has gone out of their way to protest that he was not a good guy in this story.

Fair enough, apparently my faith in humanity was once again unwarranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust