Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.12.17 - Final Charge - *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it a text? It was said just before his arrest MS told MM they had burned another body. I have to assume she gave LE that info right after MS told her not to say anything.

You could be right. I have read too many articles in the past couple of hours, it is becoming a blur. Even if she said it to the police in person does it change the the fact that she knew and didn’t do anything?

i really don’t know much about his mother but I always got the impression that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.... I wonder if we’ll find out any more about her during the WM trial.

The whole family strikes me as cripplingly self interested. But she's still a mother of just one son who is a skillful manipulator. I'd be completely unsurprised to find out she still has faith and belief in him and his version of things. It's unlikely anybody in her circle shares that support, and I just picture her as lonely, isolated and profoundly sad as a mother.

wow he really has NO clue. He really doesn’t think he has done anything wrong and that everyone is out to get him. He is even crazier than I thought....which is saying a lot.

So true. His concern that people view him as an ‘arrogant *******’ reminds me of Bernardo’s indignation that people were going to view him as a ‘liar’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...mself-and-his-worries-about-the-jurys-verdict

BBM

"He also said he didn’t want to point a finger at Smich."
"Of all the people on this planet, I was the one who tried to protect him and of all of the people, I was the one he then went against and testified against. He tried to lay all of the blame on me,” Millard said. “The option was there for him to not testify and just leave the burden of proof on the Crown. It was desperate and cowardly.”

DM is a real piece of work, and MS was a result of that work. In both trials, DM was busy trying to lay all the blame on MS in his letters to CN during his first year of arrest. MOO

So true. His concern that people view him as an ‘arrogant *******’ reminds me of Bernardo’s indignation that people were going to view him as a ‘liar’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's delusional. They're like radios that can't tune to the band the rest of us are on. It's a frequency that's out of their range - the dial just doesn't go there. Strange, sad and dangerous to be that emotionally crippled.

Tread carefully folks on posts about family members.

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum and they are considered victims.

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

This post lands at random.

Thank You

I would certainly assume so.
I took a look on twitter, and the usual reporters don't seem to be in the courtroom at the moment. So I am unsure if we will find out what it was regarding, at least at this point in time.

What i’ve Never understood is why SS discovered that smell in August. Even from the blurry picture they took of bones burning in the incinerator it didn’t look like there was anything other than bones in there. That incinerator was HOT. It would have taken a long time to cool off too. Would there really have been anything left in there that would smell? And if they didn’t do a complete burn, why would they wait until August to have the tank refilled?
Hooker(s)??? What better gig is there? Grab the girl and the money on her and with TPS, it's just another missing person. MOO

Really interesting to read through one of the National Post links cited here that DM wasn't afforded as much time to read his discovery/case as I thought he'd have been.
It makes me reevaluate some of the conclusions I had drawn during his charades at the podium.

I'm satisfied to know that he was still treated as a prisoner, with enough slack on the leash to permit him to self-represent.

Though, I hope his box of Froot Loops was stale that the milk was day-old.

Just caught up. Whew!

I'm in Vancouver on business this week traipsing through Shopping Centres ad nauseum so it has been very difficult to keep up with a 3 hours time difference and only my phone to check into every once in a while.

I'm glad it's almost over. I sincerely hope the Babcock's are getting some form of closure. It doesn't make the pain go away but maybe, just maybe, it will help them move forward.

I laughed out loud reading the National Post article re: DM's interview. What a load of hooey!!!! He protected MS? Hmmm I read a letter recently that said just the opposite.

TBH MS is the better criminal - DM is a psychopathic moron.

Guilty for both and hopefully it won't take too long.

MOO

I personally find it comical that DM is calling MS a desperate coward for taking the stand in the TB trial, yet his letters to CN show the exact same behaviour, if not worse. :clap:

I've missed that mm comment somewhere .... can someone post the link again or let me know what she said.

Will the CanLII documents be available soon?? I would love to read the arguments and motions related to this case, especially with DM lawyering. If I recall he hired someone to help with pre-trial legal arguments, but after that was he on his own with a bit of help from his advocate? I really want to know how much DM relied on Dungey (on behalf of MS) to get things thrown out and what was going on behind the scenes.

MS had confessed to LB that they were burning bodies. DM's text about selling drugs and killing hookers is disturbing. That was from January 2013- a month after he had killed his dad and 6 months after LB. He refers to "hookers"- not hooker. I wonder how many missing women DM and MS are responsible for. Gone without a trace and without one ounce of concern from TPS. Talk about a serial killers playground- any area TPS have jurisdiction over. I wonder how many other little tidbits LE found on their devises that referred to prostitutes or other women that they weren't able to make any sense of?

Maybe not. LE would have checked how many fills of propane went on the credit cards. and brought it up if there were more.
Come to think of it, wasn't there some evidence held back in the TB trial of the Eliminator salesman estimating how many times the Eliminator had been used by the wear on the liner?

Has anyone seen the rest of the rap lyrics that were not allowed to be known to the jury.? There are 7 more lines.

"The way that it went down was not how it was supposed to go down," Smich said. "Any criminal activity we've done together, no one's ever been harmed." He testified the "plan" was for the two to "scope out" Bosma's truck, and then come back later to steal it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-mark-smich-dellen-millard-murder-trial-1.3576641

So ... if they are convicted at this trial, will testimony like this from the TB trial be considered in their appeal of their convictions there? How does that work? Are they appealing the charges, or the process by which the charges were arrived at?

DM wanted to pimp LB, but she went into the business without him. Hm. Also, that text from DM to MS, “I’m down to merk people if it’s a big enough payoff” pretty much confirms what their true plans were. I wonder why that text was disallowed?
Catching up so apologies if this has been mentioned, but my first question about that text was WHEN was it sent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214