Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.12.17 - Final Charge - *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip> Anyway back to business all this time away made me think. Remember when Dell said he was framed? After reading that jailhouse interview posted yesterday (he came off very genuine in it) it got me thinking what if he in fact was framed? Do you remember who he suggested it could have been that framed him? I know its a long shot but hmmmmmmm

I used to be on the fence with MS. I still feel DM is the ringleader in all this, it was the plan he was dragging everyone into. And although I don't feel there's enough evidence to convict of M1 in this trial for MS, I think everything coupled together with both trials, CN writing about her "sweet serial killer" etc, I just don't see how it's possible MS didn't know or help plan anything.

CJPrincess I know you were with me the last trial, after this one, what are your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Especially the "Merk" text from DM to MS

Date of the text would provide much insight.

http://www.metronews.ca/views/2017/...ge-confession-what-the-laura-babcock-jur.html

BBM

'&#8220;I&#8217;m down to merk (murder) people if it&#8217;s a big enough payoff,&#8221; Millard texted Smich in early 2012.'

<modsnip> Anyway back to business all this time away made me think. Remember when Dell said he was framed? After reading that jailhouse interview posted yesterday (he came off very genuine in it) it got me thinking what if he in fact was framed? Do you remember who he suggested it could have been that framed him? I know its a long shot but hmmmmmmm

He also said he knew Smich would "at least get manslaughter" or something similar. How would he KNOW that if they didn't kill TB. He outed himself.

Agreed. My point wasn't that Jennings broke the case. My point was that if Igor hadn't identified the tattoo, DM still would have been identified fairly soon after. There were suggestions on here that if not for Igor, DM would have killed more people. I'm not saying Jennings was a saint; I just think DM would have been caught soon enough even without Igor's tip.

I think the credit for cracking the case should rightfully go to the police. They traced the calls from the burner phone to Igor.
I think that's right is it not?

He also said he knew Smich would "at least get manslaughter" or something similar. How would he KNOW that if they didn't kill TB. He outed himself.
There was an interview? I missed it and I'm catching up. Can someone link me please?

I think the credit for cracking the case should rightfully go to the police. They traced the calls from the burner phone to Igor.
I think that's right is it not?

It was an accumulation.

Officer who recorded the "Ambition" tattoo from a traffic incident.
DM using the same burner phone for both test drives
Igor's observation
Jennings, but I am still not sure about timing. But he seemed to be doing the right thing. MOO

It was an accumulation.

Officer who recorded the "Ambition" tattoo from a traffic incident.
DM using the same burner phone for both test drives
Igor's observation
Jennings, but I am still not sure about timing. But he seemed to be doing the right thing. MOO
Jennings called but he didn't tell them where the truck was IIRC. Just confirmed the serial number

You may well be correct, but never underestimate the power of a jury to come to the correct decision notwithstanding what the law may say.

I agree. They can really get it right in an almost transcendent way sometimes. I used the example of the Forcillo verdict recently. It&#8217;s almost non-sensical in one sense - guilty of attempting to murder the guy you actually killed, lawfully. But it was brilliant in its nuanced view of necessary and excessive force, and where and how that line is drawn.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Nosey Parker And so the seven, or maybe five jurors who know something of the TB murder, can share with those who don't. Could make a heck of a difference to MS outcome.
I'd be very surprised if that wouldn't come out some time during heated discussions

Since these deliberations are truly secret, just by human nature alone, all those jury members will know that DM and MS were previously found guilty of M1. It will come out during discussions. MOO. It could sway those on the fence in regards to one or both accused.

There was an interview? I missed it and I'm catching up. Can someone link me please?

Not trying to be mean but I have a question when people say they are trying to catch up...I always wonder if they start where they left off or skip lots? I guess some start at the back of the book too so no judgement, just curious, I feel like I don't skip a page for the most part. Lately I skip some of the late night discoveries.
On the topic for people who block others - I can't seem to bring myself to do that, because sometimes just maybe, they bring up the right thing for you, to ring a bell. that's just me, I can't block some annoying facebook family because I might miss an important bit.

It’s hard to say. The way he talks about the trial makes it sound like he is playing a game, it’s almost like he is on the outside looking in. He is essentially playing his part as a lawyer in that he is looking purely at the evidence. There is no emotion. It’s like he is looking at what was presented in the trial and providing commentary without taking into account that he is also the accused and that he was there when the events took place. It’s very odd.

<modsnip>Anyway back to business all this time away made me think. Remember when Dell said he was framed? After reading that jailhouse interview posted yesterday (he came off very genuine in it) it got me thinking what if he in fact was framed? Do you remember who he suggested it could have been that framed him? I know its a long shot but hmmmmmmm

The probability of Millard being framed is statistically on par with the notion that the Führer escaped the siege of his bunker to spend the remainder of his days in Argentina. Both theories do not withstand scrutiny.

It’s hard to say. The way he talks about the trial makes it sound like he is playing a game, it’s almost like he is on the outside looking in. He is essentially playing his part as a lawyer in that he is looking purely at the evidence. There is no emotion. It’s like he is looking at what was presented in the trial and providing commentary without taking into account that he is also the accused and that he was there when the events took place. It’s very odd.

but very consistent with a disordered personality

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You may well be correct, but never underestimate the power of a jury to come to the correct decision notwithstanding what the law may say.

You may be right. If I were on the jury I'd have no problem whatsoever finding him guilty even though I don't think the evidence was sufficient.

Especially the "Merk" text from DM to MS

Date of the text would provide much insight.

http://www.metronews.ca/views/2017/...ge-confession-what-the-laura-babcock-jur.html

BBM

'“I’m down to merk (murder) people if it’s a big enough payoff,” Millard texted Smich in early 2012.'

I think that statement may have come some time after MS texted that they had to come up with a solid plan (presumably for stealing a truck). I also think this was after they discussed trying to take a truck from a parked location and having problems with that because of video surveillance, the truck not being there when they went to get it, the issue of having no keys to start the vehicle etc.

MOO

Link to that interview?

There doesn't seem to be a lot pointing to MS specifically, in the what the jury didn't get to hear.

You may be right. If I were on the jury I'd have no problem whatsoever finding him guilty even though I don't think the evidence was sufficient.

I've read enough of your posts on here to gain an impression of you, and I believe that you would in fact have a problem convicting without enough evidence, but I think you'd figure out a way to convince yourself that in fact there was sufficient evidence, and I suspect that is exactly what is going on in the jury room right now as we speak (type).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsHansford24