Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.12.17 - Final Charge - *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Millard sputtering while clenching his little fists and stomping his little feet... "but your honour...people gathered here...nobody seems to realize...I AM HEAVEN SENT! ..."

And don't you dare forget!! :rolleyes:

After watching DM get smacked off the walls and ceiling a few times this morning, until eventually the whining stopped... I seem to recall a statement that was found in a text message... perhaps in the TB trial...

"The Law can be very intimidating"

Anyone recall who wrote that? :bang:

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV

Working on a short article now recapping what we've just heard. I'll post shortly.

Some admin things happening in court now. The court has gotten some copies of the closing address, which the jury requested yesterday.

#LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews

Jury is coming in at #LauraBabcock murder trial, to get an update on those transcripts they requested.

Those transcripts are available. Code says he ordered six copies so they'd have a good number. Millard's was a full day Dec 5. Dungey morning of Dec 6 and Cameron afternoon that day. Transcripts organized in that order. #LauraBabcock

Code has called the jury into the room briefly.
"We've now got the transcripts for the closing addresses for you," he tells them.
#LauraBabcock

Code reminds the jury closing addresses are not evidence, they are the parties arguments.
#LauraBabcock

c
CBC reporting that Dellen Millard has just filed a motion for mistrial. Judge Code reading.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

The only positive I can see about DM getting M1 and not MS is that for DM,
it will feel like a kick in the b---s.

Considering MS will still be in prison for at least 25 years, I agree that would be the slightest glimmer of a silver lining if there ever was one in this trial.... DM would be furious

Code reminds the jury that closings are not evidence. They should remember the evidence the way they heard it, not necessarily the way it's laid out in the closing addresses. Also: Millard and Cameron both used a powerpoint presentation, so the jury needs those. #LauraBabcock

Jury still seems alert, for the most part. #LauraBabcock

Jury has gone back to their deliberation room. #LauraBabcock

Code dismisses the jury to continue their deliberations.
#LauraBabcock

These images were from May 3... TB had not been murdered yet.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

They were planning a murder...who knows what MS was thinking but what does a bench made out of a rough log and tree stumps have to do with anything? The images were entered in as evidence, there must have been some reason for that, and in the video it suggests that there may be a secret message of some sort. I'm not saying that the connection I made is correct, it is just a connection I made after people talking about chopping wood. I could be wrong. Either way, it made me feel sick.

So when I go to the court today, does everyone in the gallery just sit in the room and read a book or something while waiting? What's the etiquette or protocol while waiting for a verdict? Are all the lawyers and the judge sitting in the courtroom too?

Court now adjourning to await the jury verdict. Lunch 1-2:30. #LauraBabcock

So when I go to the court today, does everyone in the gallery just sit in the room and read a book or something while waiting? What's the etiquette or protocol while waiting for a verdict? Are all the lawyers and the judge sitting in the courtroom too?

I think everyone just stays within a certain perimeter to allow for time to get to the courtroom if a verdict is announced. Not sure what the time period between announcing that there is a verdict and when everyone needs to be assembled in the courtroom is.

The judge is likely not sitting around and neither are the lawyers. The media may hang around in the courtroom if they are working on articles but I'm not sure about anyone else.

HTH

ETA: Based on the above tweet I'd guess that the courtroom is closed while there is nothing going on in it. This would make sense so that they do not have to have guards stationed there all day.

MOO

I think everyone just stays within a certain perimeter to allow for time to get to the courtroom if a verdict is announced. Not sure what the time period between announcing that there is a verdict and when everyone needs to be assembled in the courtroom is.

The judge is likely not sitting around and neither are the lawyers. The media may hang around in the courtroom if they are working on articles but I'm not sure about anyone else.

HTH

Where would Laura's family be? I'm going to bring hot coffee and some donuts for them and the media that have been there every day like Shannon and Lisa. Do you think they will be easy to find?

I don't see a problem with what Dungey said. DM spent most of the trial impugning his own character in to show that he couldn't care less about the women in his life in order to refute the love triangle motive.

What Dungey said was an accurate reflection of what occurred in the Courtroom.

I agree with that. Another case of DM feeding his narcissism and trying to take control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps tomorrow might be a better choice... hold your seat in case a "Friday verdict" comes in.

I'm sorry if I asked this twice. I posted earlier in the day but don't see it on here.
Ok, suppose Smich is somehow aquitted here. (I hope not) He is still serving life with no chance at parole for 25. And at the Bosma trial he pinned it all on Millard and said he went along because he was terrified. So, unless when he is up for parole he finally admits he was in on it and shows genuine remorse, they are going to keep his *advertiser censored* locked up? Or does that *advertiser censored* only happen in TV trials
thanks for any experts who can answer this for me.

The Parole Board looks at whether or not he would pose an unmanageable risk to society if he was released back into the community.

You are correct ta remorse and acceptance of what they have done and treatment and programs completed are an important part of that assessment and it creates a real problem for those who are wrongly convicted because they cannot get the programs that they need for parole eligibility if they do not accept responsibility for their actions.

Most inmates over time become very pragmatic and accept responsibility in order to get the programming to have a chance at parole.

HTH

ETA: Based on the above tweet I'd guess that the courtroom is closed while there is nothing going on in it. This would make sense so that they do not have to have guards stationed there all day.

MOO

Yes, normally everyone is told to be within 20 minutes of the courthouse so that if the jury comes back with a verdict or a question it can be dealt with quickly.

Yes, normally everyone is told to be within 20 minutes of the courthouse so that if the jury comes back with a verdict or a question it can be dealt with quickly.

They’re all catching up on Websleuths. :eek:nline:

They were planning a murder...who knows what MS was thinking but what does a bench made out of a rough log and tree stumps have to do with anything? The images were entered in as evidence, there must have been some reason for that, and in the video it suggests that there may be a secret message of some sort. I'm not saying that the connection I made is correct, it is just a connection I made after people talking about chopping wood. I could be wrong. Either way, it made me feel sick.

The image had the words "Fireside Furniture" captioned on it, so it was very credibly theorized that it was a sick joke about sitting around the incinerator. We can't know for sure what was intended though. Those sausage pictures were probably benign and unrelated to anything but one friend sending a sausage 'high five' to the other friend, perhaps after noticing the shape of a hand in the pan, or perhaps making that shape on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties