Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@liamdevlincasey
1 hour ago
Dellen Millard appeared in a Toronto court this morning for a brief appearance for the upcoming first-degree murder trial for the death of his father, Wayne Millard.Liam Casey
‏
@liamdevlincasey
58 minutes ago
They will return to court on Jan. 22 for a judicial pretrial. His long-time lawyer, Ravin Pillay, has not yet officially been retained for trial, but expects that to be finalized shortly. Trial is set for March 20, but likely to be bumped a few weeks into April.

@liamdevlincasey 55 minutes ago
Millard, who was found guilty along with Mark Smich for the first-degree murder of Laura Babcock last month, has cut his hair (but not his side braid) and grown a beard. He had big bags under his eyes.

[h=1]Dellen Millard makes court appearance ahead of March trial for dad's murder[/h]http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/dellen-millard-to-stand-trial-in-march-for-dads-murder

CHCH is reporting that DM will make an appearance in court today. (Do we have a thread for the upcoming trial?)

Edit:
Toronto
361 University Av
Jan 05, 2018

Daily Court List Search Result (Superior Court of Justice)
Criminal

Party Name / Case Number / Short Title of Proceedings / Time / Room / Appearance/Event Type
MILLARD, DELLEN / CR-16-50000176-0000 / R. v MILLARD / 09:30 AM / COURTROOM 4-7 / TO BE SPOKEN TO

http://www.ontariocourtdates.ca
There was an article in newspaper about his appearance but did not say very much.

@liamdevlincasey
1 hour ago
Dellen Millard appeared in a Toronto court this morning for a brief appearance for the upcoming first-degree murder trial for the death of his father, Wayne Millard.Liam Casey
‏
@liamdevlincasey
58 minutes ago
They will return to court on Jan. 22 for a judicial pretrial. His long-time lawyer, Ravin Pillay, has not yet officially been retained for trial, but expects that to be finalized shortly. Trial is set for March 20, but likely to be bumped a few weeks into April.

@liamdevlincasey 55 minutes ago
Millard, who was found guilty along with Mark Smich for the first-degree murder of Laura Babcock last month, has cut his hair (but not his side braid) and grown a beard. He had big bags under his eyes.
Poor murderer, guess knowing he will probably get another 25 years and then very likely another 25 years for father, maybe is causing him not to sleep to bad.

I question the logic of requiring that the "brief appearances" take place in the courthouse. Couldn't there be a designated office room right within the prison for these paperwork kinds of things. Surely it costs too much to ferry prisoners in paddy wagons to courts where they sit around under guard for their 5 minute interviews.

These little outings need to end. We have suitable technology for these matters.

inmates housed in provincial jails do appear by video for remands. Millard’s trips outside prison walls are numbered as it’s doubtful he will ever be free again.

Hi Just4TB.

I received an email from 22 Division this morning:

“Good Morning,

Thank-you for bringing this to our attention.

The issue will be corrected today.”

It was great that you discovered that error. Will have to look later today or over the weekend to see if it has been updated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome - Good job Mrs TG!! Thanks for alerting TPS on the error!!

Awesome - Good job Mrs TG!! Thanks for alerting TPS on the error!!

I have tried to check and see if they have made the correction(s), but I don’t possess your expertise for finding those records. [emoji4] So, whenever you have time to check, could you please let us know if and what was changed? Thank you so much ... you sure do have eagle eyes and exceptional reasoning skills. [emoji4]

I have tried to check and see if they have made the correction(s), but I don’t have the skills that you do for finding those records. [emoji4] So, whenever you have time to check, could you please let us know if and what was changed? Thank you so much ... you sure do have eagle eyes!!

Found the link on post 1044
The dates haven't been changed

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I just checked, the dates have not yet changed.

Dates are still incorrect as of 11am EST.
I am picturing a TPS data entry clerk, yawning, shaking off a weekend hangover, while eating his 14th donut of the morning, as his "to-do" list continues to grow...

Dates are still incorrect as of 11am EST.
I am picturing a TPS data entry clerk, yawning, shaking off a weekend hangover, while eating his 14th donut of the morning, as his "to-do" list continues to grow...
They may see it as insignificant due to the fact the person(s) responsible are no longer a risk to society.
Imo, they should want the correct info on file but that's just my opinion.
Same as the Google search For DM...he earned the murderer title, it should be displayed.

They may see it as insignificant due to the fact the person(s) responsible are no longer a risk to society.
Imo, they should want the correct info on file but that's just my opinion.
Same as the Google search For DM...he earned the murderer title, it should be displayed.

Google provides the option of feedback but one has to seriously question whether there is a human at the other end actually reading the ‘feedback’.
There were some great comments sent in by sleuthers. Like the one that stated that designating Dellen Millard as a ‘Canadian aircraft pilot’ is like calling Charles Manson a ‘Country and Western singer’. Pretty persuasive stuff unless there’s a robot reading the feedback at the other end.
With the TPS, it may not be a robot but definitely an automaton of sorts.

Good afternoon. I was wondering why we don't get to see updated photographs of Dellen and Mark. Does anybody know why?

Good afternoon. I was wondering why we don't get to see updated photographs of Dellen and Mark. Does anybody know why?

No photographs are allowed to be taken in Canadian courtrooms, and prisons don't really take shots of the inmates either.. so unless they were transported in a vehicle which a camera lens could get a shot in, and a photographer was there, there isn't really occasion to have new photos. I think we can see their mug shots.. and then we have to rely on artists' sketches.. (of which some are actually pretty good!).

[FONT=&amp]Matthew Ward-Jackson Sentencing

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO 27m27 minutes ago[/FONT]
More
[FONT=&quot]The math on"one of the worst firearms offenders"
Judgestarts at 13 yrs.
-2yrs credit for pleading guilty.
11 yr. sent imposed.
1,470days pretrial jail enhanced at 1.5 days =6yrs 15days credit.
Harsh conditions488 days lockdown = 16 mons credit
3yrs 7mons 2wks to serve.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
marianne boucher
‏ @CityCourtsTO
45m45 minutes ago[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Justice Kelly: Ward-Jackson spent 1,470 days in pretrialcustody. At a credit of 1.5 days credit = 6 years and 15 days. Plus credit of16 months credit for harsh conditions at the Toronto South. Sentence to11-years minus credits. 3years 7 months remaining to serve.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO49m49 minutes ago[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Justice Kelly: Ward-Jackson plead guilty. In jail for over4-years. He has been a good inmate and wants to be a role model for his sonupon release. He apologized and promised to change. He is articulate and showssome promise... 11years. One of the worst firearm offenders.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO52m52 minutes ago[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Justice Kelly: The gun he sold to Millard caused the death ofTim Bosma. The Smith and Wesson he sold to Millard caused the death of WayneMillard. He knew the firearms would be used for a criminal purpose.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO53m53 minutes ago[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Justice Jane Kelly: Weapons offences pose a danger to thecommunity , significant sentences must be imposed. Four separate firearmsoffences and breaches of court orders. Requires a higher range of sentence.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO55m55 minutes ago[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Justice Jane Kelly reading reasons for sentence. Highlights atxt convo between Ward-Jackson and Millard. Feb 2012. Millard: "By thetime I let her go, she'll be a dirty girl" Ward-Jackson: "That's fineLOL." Crown: Dirty girl translates as stained w a crime.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO1h1 hour ago[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Sentence today for Matthew Ward-Jackson who sold guns to DellenMillard. One gun used to kill Tim Bosma. Crown seeking 13 years. Justice JaneKelly. 4-years pretrial custody, watch for math ahead.

[/FONT]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back