LE Presser - Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how the DA said, with a tiny bit of appropriate smugness: (bear with me - I'm paraphrasing a bit here) I'm confident enough in what evidence we've got to say we already know exactly where that truck was. Yup we know. We just want more witnesses about it.

Makes me wonder if, when they reviewed all of this with Terri, she lied to them about where the truck was. :waitasec:

Is there any good reason for the truck to be on the access road?

Something just occurred to me. When the truck went in for mechanical work - could they have legally impounded it, since it was in Kaine's name, if he gave permission, and sent back a different truck? And Kaine knows that, and that's why he feels okay about driving around in the truck?

Maybe I need to ask this in the lawyer thread.

Ding, Ding, Ding...give this woman a prize! I think this is the most brilliant idea I've read all day! ;)

Wow. I'm depressed. I don't think they've got diddly, or they wouldn't be asking for recollections of a generic white truck two months ago in a 15 to 30 minute window. And they presser was just confusing. I think the idea of a picture to jog the memory is fine, but can't you put up a couple of maps or something and highlight the roads and time periods you want for each, since there were two and they were different? Or were there three locations, including the Fred Meyer...? And did they say they want EVERYONE who parked at Skyline that day to flood the tipline? Why not send a questionnaire to those they know of and ask only those they miss to call it in?

Also, if the emails are to be believed, TH has been saying she went to these Fred Meyer stores since at least the day after Kyron went missing. So why are we just now hearing about this?

If the Grand Jury proceedings weren't happening now, I'd be a lot less worried, but they are. So, color me worried. Very worried.

Yes. Too bad. I was really thinking/hoping they had actual evidentiary photos--and were going to SHARE them!

Me too! Before the PC I thought we were looking at the surveillance footage from the FM parking lot. I imagined a face at the window, image-enhanced and rendered by a sketch artist! LOL dream on, me!!

My faith in LE has plummeted...why didn't they do a reconstruction of the lot months ago? Many posters suggested it back then...if LE did not think of even that, I am worried...:(

So to clarify: could it be that Terri(or companion) moved her truck from one place to another while in the school parking lot?

Also, what could look *not quite right* in Freddy's lot?

thx

TurckonAccessRoad.jpg

That looks like it's on the access road. I think they gave two possible parking spots...on the Skyline Blvd shoulder and on the access road.

Did I notice Det. O'Donald leave abruptly after he was asked about the white truck being parked on the exit back road- or something? It seems as though they are llining up their ducks in a row-I hope-For Kyron.

I missed this.May I please ask what two places were the truck parked at and the times at the school.Maybe there were two different white trucks.

Is there any good reason for the truck to be on the access road?

There is not a lot of parking at the school, so I would imagine that a lot of people park there, especially if they are entering the school on the north side.

I wonder if the mystery other person let TH and Kyron out in front of the school on the street and then moved the truck to the side of the school so that they could hop in afterwards undetected.

SHe parked on the street?????

And they want to know who else parked near her. To confirm her parking spot or because there was another car that has come up shady in the questionaires??????

And no info about the mystery person IN the truck??? I wonder if it was a mystery person NEAR the truck.

I need to look at a map...how the heck did Ty see the truck??? And he saw Ky in the gym with friends (??? gotta wonder if it was a couple of girls) and Terri wasn't there???

OMG! This is getting more & more bizzarre!

I gotta fly, and I'm SO confused!

I wonder if there was any mystery person at all.

To me, THAT was the money quote from the press conference...
parked in TWO different places??!!!

Very, very interesting....

They were roughly the same spot, 2 roads that run along side eachother, tight out front...but I need to get a better look at the map.

Basically they're looking for a someone to verify what their witness says they saw.
Sounds very ominous.
Gates did look pleased with things & not stressed like he was on a 'case gone horribly wrong'.
I do think he stumbled over the question about whether Kyron was alive though...which means something...

Right Jassy...maybe they want to fully eliminate some side story TH or DD or ? told them. Absence of evidence.

mo

Wow. I'm depressed. I don't think they've got diddly, or they wouldn't be asking for recollections of a generic white truck two months ago in a 15 to 30 minute window. And they presser was just confusing. I think the idea of a picture to jog the memory is fine, but can't you put up a couple of maps or something and highlight the roads and time periods you want for each, since there were two and they were different? Or were there three locations, including the Fred Meyer...?

Also, if the emails are to be believed, TH has been saying she went to these Fred Meyer stores since at least the day after Kyron went missing. So why are we just now hearing about this?

If the Grand Jury proceedings weren't happening now, I'd be a lot less worried, but they are. So, color me worried. Very worried.

They said they already have a witness or witnesses who saw the truck and they are looking for corroboration. So I'm not depressed. They are covering all their bases. More people seeing the same thing is better. If they can't find a single other person who corroborates it, at least they already have one/some who saw something significant.

Recap: Here's what we know...

--they have witnesses who saw the truck and possibly more than one person and need others to corroborate
--they ARE NOT focusing on anything other than the truck and its occupant(s)
--They want to confirm the route she took or said she took
--Fred Meyer must not have surveillance or if they do it doesnt show much
--THEY HAVE NO EVIDENCE AT ALL TO SUGGEST KYRON IS NO LONGER ALIVE

anyone else get anything else I missed?

one thing bugs me...if a baby is missing and my property may some how be linked I wouldnt give a heck less if pictures of my house were posted all over the news and internet if it could help find him!!! I cant believe anyone would be reluctant to help save a baby to protect their privacy!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PEOPLE----OPEN UP AND TELL WHAT YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A precious little life depends upon it for God's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pics of the truck sure did give me the heebie jeebies.

Question-with technology, I wonder how much they can zoom in, and if they ever got a clear shot of who was driving the truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Devon_SP