LE serves search warrant on family home #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there such a thing as putting a rush on the warrant? If not, there should be! I mean the governor is able to call in the national guard and yet it takes this long to get a warrant to search the house.
Kinda seems weird to me, I almost feel like this was some sort of LE ploy, like they wanted the parents to feel comfortable going back to the home...while LE was keeping an eye on it.
I just don't get it.
Can't rush a warrant without a reason for a judge to sign off on the warrant.

I don't think it was an LE ploy; I think it was bureaucracy.

IMO

Back from picking up from school and dropping off at soccer practice. Anything new happen? TIA!

I just want to say, I personally don't think they are looking for cell phones or sim cards... but I could be wrong. And if they are looking for them I also think they are looking for something else metal that is very specific.
The reason I don't think so is, they were using metal detectors in the front yard. C'mon, who needs a metal detector to find a cell phone in their front yard. Even the sim card, I feel, would be visible to the naked eye. I would be embarrassed to use a metal detector to find a cell in my front yard, and my front yard is much larger then theirs.
Just had to get that off my chest..... can breathe easier now.

Found the item in question they are air filters:

productimage-picture-astecair-monair-8-cf-a201-7.jpg

I did a search with google images for forensic's filters and it came up with that picture and this link:

http://www.globalfiltration.co.uk/category/carbon-filters/

The ones I saw did not look like that. They were flexible and had flaps on the outside.

Wonder if the filters if thats what they are...can be used to suck up things not seen such as hair etc?? But my gosh they could be getting all kinds of hair and shoe prints from the reporters etc - everyone in that house since it happened?? Would they need a raw video to exclude everyone who entered afterwards? Thats alot of work though...sounds like backtracking in a way and dont throw tomatoes but would this stuff even hold up in a court after everyone and their brother was in the house? Just thinking outloud again.....

Can't rush a warrant without a reason for a judge to sign off on the warrant.

I don't think it was an LE ploy; I think it was bureaucracy.

IMO

You are probably right, and that is very sad. Could make the difference in solving this crime, IMO.

Hello and welcome to WS, KansasPerson. From another Kansas person.

I gotta go with the black things being Xray devices - hence why they walk them out to the bomb squad truck....if they were footprint things, wouldn't they take them to CSI truck?

TY. They have their reasons for not wanting info released on what kind of dogs they are using and for what purpose and for that reason I am going to keep quiet on this one as well. Sorry!

Well sarx, I'm gonna call you on this one.

I know for a FACT that it's a canine kind of dog.

I do not think all this search is about cell phones. Why focus so much on finding cell phones instead of finding baby Lisa? I think that they are looking for evidence that she died in or around the home.

I will tell you what, if my house was right next door, I would be out there giving the cops, drinks, hot chocolate, coffee, offering them they could use my bathroom. Not one neighbor have I seen outside. They could be at work but dang!

Yes, I'm in Ohio, the local nut case down in zanesville let all of her exotic animals go, we have all manner of lions, tigers, and bears on the loose (REALLY). They've shot a few lions, Jack Hanna is helping. It's raining cats and dogs here (or should I say lions and wolves?) so the animals are all hunkered down and not going far. Probably not a good end for the animals....

I just want to say, I personally don't think they are looking for cell phones or sim cards... but I could be wrong. And if they are looking for them I also think they are looking for something else metal that is very specific.
The reason I don't think so is, they were using metal detectors in the front yard. C'mon, who needs a metal detector to find a cell phone in their front yard. Even the sim card, I feel, would be visible to the naked eye. I would be embarrassed to use a metal detector to find a cell in my front yard, and my front yard is much larger then theirs.
Just had to get that off my chest..... can breathe easier now.

Unless it was buried. If I had told LE that burglars took my phone I would not just throw it in the yard. I would bury it there.

The black panel...could it be one of those x-ray panels used to put behind the item (wall)?

To look for specific items. To tear up carpet, bust a hole in the wall, bust a couch up, etc.

To cover their legal azzes, so that the home owners can't later sue the city by claiming that LE unlawfully went into the home and destroyed it.

IMO

Also, if they didn't have a warrant and found evidence that evidence could be inadmissible in court.

Yes, I'm in Ohio, the local nut case down in zanesville let all of her exotic animals go, we have all manner of lions, tigers, and bears on the loose (REALLY). They've shot a few lions, Jack Hanna is helping. It's raining cats and dogs here (or should I say lions and wolves?) so the animals are all hunkered down and not going far. Probably not a good end for the animals....

That is sooooooo sad for those beautiful animals. It really is devastating. this is not their fault and now they are being hunted down and shot. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member