LE Serves Warrant on Family Home #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The tub in the baby bed. I have tried to find the pictures again, but I believe there was a tub in the baby bed in pictures. If this is correct, and I can't find the pictures because every "inside lisa irwin home" search comes up with dozens of cadaver dog results. Anyway, is there a strap in the tub, or whatever was in the bed, that restrains the child?

I remember a social worker telling me once that one of her client's always had her baby in a car seat when she visited her. She would say it was just to keep her still so they could talk. The social worker thought it was strange, and made note of it, but of course couldn't be there 24/7 to see how often the baby was in the car seat.

My thought is this...what if DB put the baby in that tub or seat, honestly can't recall, to keep her from moving around and Lisa manuevered (sp) her way over the rails of the bed, she had to be strong, being thirty pounds and all.

I bathed mine in the sink and the tub, so I don't at all recall the baby tubs. Anybody?

There are actually pic's of baby Lisa being bathed in a kitchen sink...so, I doubt that little tub has been used since she was much smaller. That is usually when most Moms use those before their babies can sit up.

I am not sure that I would call him 'slow.' He is a union electrician. That is pretty complicated stuff to understand and he had to be licensed and take some hard tests to do so. I think he is plenty bright, intellectually.

But emotionally, he seems kind of slow or stilted. Maybe it is just the shock of it all though. Must be like a nightmare that you cannot wake up from.

Forgive me! I meant 'slow to speak'! I really don't want my words misinterpreted here! I've stated that phrase in other comments about Irwin. I had been discussing his interviewing behavior, and appearance. I know many very quiet, bright, slow to speak engineers/electrician!(and I know some pretty ignorant ones too!) Of course!

For me, it's the unbelievable number of coincidences. Someone just *happened* to know that this was JI's first night out of the house that late; that DB was too drunk to know if doors and windows were opened and all the lights were turned on; that there was no landline and that taking ALL THREE cell phones would hold up a 911 call. Taking a small child off the street is a crime of opportunity; breaking into a person's home and taking a baby would have to be planned. And no one could have "planned" an abduction around three major things (JI gone, DB drunk, and all cell phones on the counter) that could NOT have been known ahead of time.

Too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence.

For me, it's the unbelievable number of coincidences. Someone just *happened* to know that this was JI's first night out of the house that late; that DB was too drunk to know if doors and windows were opened and all the lights were turned on; that there was no landline and that taking ALL THREE cell phones would hold up a 911 call. Taking a small child off the street is a crime of opportunity; breaking into a person's home and taking a baby would have to be planned. And no one could have "planned" an abduction around three major things (JI gone, DB drunk, and all cell phones on the counter) that could NOT have been known ahead of time.

Too much of a coincidence to be a coincidence.

ITA, way to many coincidences...............

I find it interesting that they didn't put that she failed the lie detector test in the affidavit, which makes me think that she may have passed it.

I find it interesting that they didn't put that she failed the lie detector test in the affidavit, which makes me think that she may have passed it.

LE seems to have known something wasn't right from the very beginning and they stayed on it...if she passed the lie detector test why did they still keep the focus on that house and area.......... they never strayed from it...seems they really know something that we don't know......

Originally Posted by sarx View Post
Even if it was a valid hit, and/or by more than one dog, it still does not by default make her a murderer.

But it does mean that there was a dead body in that room. And, coincidentally, there is a precious child missing from that house. Just TOO coincidental for me.

or by default makes her a murderer, possibly reacted or hit the child too hard while intoxicated........?? Just devious enough to try and hide it or SOMEONE did, if she was too drunk to know.......just brainstorming

In defense of the parents, their attorneys have given us some numbers to work with in the second paragraph of the second page of their document. They say, "Together and apart they have spent approximately 40 hours answering police questions."

I am not impressed:
Lisa was reported missing 17 days ago. 40 hours divided by 17 days equals an average of 2.35 hours per day. And that's "together and apart." So that would be less than 1 and 1/2 hours each day that each of them have spent "answering police questions."

Obviously, they thought there were more important things to do ~ I can't imagine what!!! :furious:

Exactly my thoughts!

She may have. IMO, if she is a sociopath, she would be like other sociopaths and pass the lie detector. That is the main problem with them, among others.

I have been reading a few posts about if it was accidental, why cover it up? What if something accidental did happen and it wasn't discovered until hours later. I don't know how the time of death is established, but they might be able to tell that it did not just happen, and she knew she would be arrested for negligence. Maybe she thought she had a better chance if she claimed there was a kidnapping.

Originally Posted by sarx View Post
Even if it was a valid hit, and/or by more than one dog, it still does not by default make her a murderer.

But it does mean that there was a dead body in that room. And, coincidentally, there is a precious child missing from that house. Just TOO coincidental for me.
Not saying there weren't crimes committed, just that I do not have enough information to decide what crimes were committed.

LDT's are inadmissable in court so I'm guessing it's not something they can use on an affidavit and/or to convince a judge to issue a search warrant.

huh. Good catch. I wonder if she passed, of if they aren't enough for probable cause? I don't really know much about them.

LE seems to have known something wasn't right from the very beginning and they stayed on it...if she passed the lie detector test why did they still keep the focus on that house and area.......... they never strayed from it...seems they really know something that we don't know......

Not that she's innocent BUT, LE ALWAYS think the worst, they have to, imagine trying to solve a murder and giving everyone the benefit of the doubt. You'd never have the vision to solve a crime. Sociopaths can pass those things. Their lies are their truth. So whether she passed or failed the test, the majority of these types of cases, the parents are guilty. It's scary to think that LE might not be thinking outside of that box though. One can make anything "FIT" by forgetting that innocent people might say the same thing as the criminals who try to cover it up. Still brainstorming ha

Interesting article about reasonable suspicion and arrest after a cadaver dog hits on a scent:

"Cadaver Dogs:

The question that remains is the cadaver or human remains dog. Is this dog a human scent dog or a contraband substance dog?

There is no Federal or State case law, that I’m aware of, that addresses an alert from a cadaver or human remains dog as probable cause to obtain a search warrant, search or arrest.

Therefore, if the cadaver or human remains dog is placed in the contraband substance dog group, that alert would stand alone. If the cadaver or human remains dog is placed in the human scent dog group, that alert would have to be corroborated by other evidence.

Based upon review of the case law below, an alert from a cadaver dog is only reasonable suspicion. The dog alert must be corroborated by other evidence."

http://www.k9fleck.org/sar/cadaver_dog.html

I have been reading a few posts about if it was accidental, why cover it up? What if something accidental did happen and it wasn't discovered until hours later. I don't know how the time of death is established, but they might be able to tell that it did not just happen, and she knew she would be arrested for negligence. Maybe she thought she had a better chance if she claimed there was a kidnapping.

I agree

Since it's not admissible in court, would they even address it? Have we seen them address LDTs before?

I don't think LE uses the results of those tests for purposes of warrants, etc. Correct me, someone, if I am wrong.

Dumb thinking on her part....she has really dug a hole for herself now..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back