LE wants to interview the parents separately

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has anyone EVER heard of a case where LE demanded to speak with anyone without their attorney........NO, it's kinda a big no no and you talk about national news being involved, lol. So why are we even trying to go there?

LE may be doing a good job in many ways but this public presser thing for "not cooperating" or "we need to see them individually" is out of line. THey have two attorneys and LE knows their phone numbers. Any request can be made through them

The only reason for the public statement of it is to muddy up DB and JI in the public..the same thing we accuse the DT of doing..poisoning the jury pool

All LE are not perfect people. some are just as corrupt as the criminals.
Seems SY has his mind made up ..I dont think I would meet with him either.

BBM

It's like saying everyone who works at a bank are trustworthy. They are hired out of the same gene pool as everywhere else and sometimes it isn't always the best people.

I agree about SY, and has since the first time I seen him on tv.

I don't think they have been looking as hard as others think they have. I'm still concerned that an empty house 4 blks away was out of the scope of their investigation, that the bedding from the crib is now gone that was there during the first media walk through and a few other things. IMO, they have had their minds made up and have only been looking HARD for things that prove their own theory.

It's like the comments on fb and news sites , where people are saying the parents should just tell the truth. Well, maybe they have and no one is listening. Should she have been drinking? NO! But, that doesn't make her guilty of harming and hiding her child. IMO, it doesn't seem possible that she could have hid her this good, she would have been found by now.

I can't watch videos right now due to my internet (time outs for high usage), but during the interview with JJ (maybe shortly after LE stated parents no longer cooperating) is where JI is talking about being questioned seperately. Sorry I can't post a link.

LE has the right and the power to interrogate anyone they want if they have reasonable suspicion. Do you think Jersey could have said "umm... no thanks"? Of course not- if there was reasonable suspicion they have the right to take you in for questioning.

Surely, after 17 hours, they have enough evidence for probable cause to just do what they need to do. And if they don't- then there is a good chance the parents are innocent and LE is misusing their power.

disclaimer: I don't have data that would make me think LE is misusing their power- which brings me back to my point: if there is reason to believe they have more information, then take them in. Don't waste time complaining to the media!

You are the one stating, repeatedly, LE wants to interview them without an attorney.

Originally Posted by JeannaT
Unreasonable to exercise your right to an attorney, guaranteed in the constitution? I wouldn't call insisting on my miranda rights unreasonable.

And I hate to be a flag draper, but people have died for that right.

~snip~

Could you please provide a link for this? tia

I've stated over and over that I am speculating. (I know not everyone has read all the posts in this thread, but my guess was since you were participating in this conversation where we're talking about having a lawyer present, and you posted you thought those demandS were unreasonable, my guess was you were not steering the conversation away from the current one, about having lawyers present). If you were addressing a different possible demand, I would think you might have said well I think these demands ______ would be unreasonable, but not the ones we are discussing.

Posts can be so short that it's hard to tell when topics are being switched without notice.

Wow Ive been reading all the threads on this case for the last week or so and only this one has made me want to reply! Im totally amazed at the fact that these parents are not rushing down to see LE right now to speak to them and assist in finding their precious baby? Also in the UK the police would bring them in to speak to them they wouldnt be allowed to hamper the investigation is it different in the US? Im trying to stay on the fence but many alarm bells are ringing the LE may have more facts than we have but I wish these parents would start responding like any normal people would if their baby had been taken. Sheer panic, fear, stress, upset, desperation and determination to do everything possible to find her!!!
Please let baby Lisa be found safe x

unrestricted means IMHO, that NO line of questioning is off limits. Children, brother, anybody, everybody or whatever the investigators feel is necessary to get the questions they need answered done. Unrestricted IMHO means they can ask about anything in your life that might be pertainent to the abduction of your daughter.

The family is insisting they had nothing to do with, wearing shirts with ABDUCTED. So LE has every right to delve into every part of their lives, before and after Lisa went mission as well as during.

Is this enough time for a "cause of death unknown"? If so, I think baby Lisa wil be found soon... just like Caylee Anthony...

I think if they found her now, you would know the cause of death. There would still be tissue, there would be bone and bone marrow. They would be able to narrow it down, unlike little Caylee.

You of course have a right to your opinion, however, I disagree with you. I don't see where these parents are being "railroaded" at all. The tiniest bit of info could open this case wide open. This information could seem to be not important or relevant to the parents but could mean everything in finding Lisa. The parents haven't had any problem at all with putting their mugs on every talk show they can so why are they so hesitant at giving LE whatever they need in this investigation? LE doesn't pay for interviews, so I guess cooperating with LE isn't very profitable to them. The parents seem to be more aggravated that LE took the computers which prevents them from publishing more photos of Lisa and probably prohibits them from making even more money from "licensing fees" than they could make otherwise. I do not see where putting their faces on national TV shows help in anyway to find baby Lisa. However, I can see where cooperating with LE might help find Lisa.

Very true, lone.
If it were my child missing, I would cooperate up, down and sideways to find my child. I would let LE yell in my face and call me a liar all day if it would mean getting my child back. But I am not these parents. They may have their reasons that make no sense to us.
I just wish the media and LE wouldn't keep putting them in the worst light possible, and focus more on finding the baby instead of who is guilty. Doesn't matter right now... find this baby first and THEN work to convict whoever did it. Getting Deborah in jail should not be their priority right now. Finding Lisa should be.

unrestricted means IMHO, that NO line of questioning is off limits. Children, brother, anybody, everybody or whatever the investigators feel is necessary to get the questions they need answered done. Unrestricted IMHO means they can ask about anything in your life that might be pertainent to the abduction of your daughter.

The family is insisting they had nothing to do with, wearing shirts with ABDUCTED. So LE has every right to delve into every part of their lives, before and after Lisa went mission as well as during.

Well that's an interesting speculation about what they are talking about by "unrestricted". Since we can't know what they mean, your guess is as good as any.

LE has the right and the power to interrogate anyone they want if they have reasonable suspicion. Do you think Jersey could have said "umm... no thanks"? Of course not- if there was reasonable suspicion they have the right to take you in for questioning.

Surely, after 17 hours, they have enough evidence for probable cause to just do what they need to do. And if they don't- then there is a good chance the parents are innocent and LE is misusing their power.

disclaimer: I don't have data that would make me think LE is misusing their power- which brings me back to my point: if there is reason to believe they have more information, then take them in. Don't waste time complaining to the media!

BBM.

And you have the right to remain silent, at all stages even before you're arrested. So yes, Jersey could have said "umm....no thanks."

No... she can't. There is not enough evidence yet to charge her with murder, unless they have a whole lot more than we know about. It takes a little more than ONE hit from ONE dog, (which could be unreliable) and we don't even know whose deceased body was on that floor, it could have been from years ago.

That's your opinion. I disagree because I don't believe dogs can detect decomposition "from years ago" nor is it a fact that there was ever another dead body on that floor years ago.

JMO

That's your opinion. I disagree because I don't believe dogs can detect decomposition "from years ago" nor is it a fact that there was ever another dead body on that floor years ago.

JMO

Well, as I understand it, describing the behavior of a search dog is not admissable in court.

I could be wrong, but I thought that was kind of like a lie detector test. A useful tool in an investigation, not admissable because it's wrong often enough.

So I'm truly interested - sincerely - in what evidence you believe LE has that supports a charge of murder for the parents. TIA

I am absolutely POSITIVE the new detectives will be briefed on what she said before and can follow up.

If they want new detectives to question them, I don't see a problem with that. Like you say, they will be briefed and know what to follow up on and so on. The new questioning would probably be taped anyway and the whole dept can watch, or watch it while it is happening. I don't understand why it can't happen like that.

Re Restrictions. This is what is mentioned in the article. Nobody's trying to get them to talk without a lawyer, for heaven's sake.

When asked if there are restrictions on the conversations Lisa's parents will have, Tacopina said, "Oh, there's a restriction. I'm imposing that the questioning is going to be in good faith and fair and not the questioning that was done within an hour of baby Lisa's disappearance."

Tacopina claimed police accused Bradley of murdering her child within an hour of beginning to interrogate her.

"That's just not good investigatory tactics and it doesn't build good faith in them," Tacopina said.

He said Bradley would be willing to sit down for questioning "as long as the investigators doing the questioning are ones who have not previously determined guilt before having a stitch of evidence. We want a fair investigation."

I hate to even ask this, but is there anywhere I can find an article stating that DB and JI have been questioned seperatly, prior to this new request from LE ? Because I have not found one anywhere as of yet.

TIA.........
Mystic

after all they have rights, too bad about a missing child but let's focus National media. Priorities after all.

and still a baby is missing but thank God her parent have attys to help them avoid cooperation.

Thats OK.. the parents may have their attorneys, but Lisa has us, well most of us.. And she always will...

By showing/playing for the jury the interviews.

JMO

You said that "cooperating then not cooperating" could be held against them in court. Not-cooperating is every person's right under the 5th amendment. That can NOT be used against them. Sorry.

..how sad..

..this dear old man is even out doing more than the parents.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...ar-old-who-went-searching-for-baby-lisa-irwin

Ferguson, Mo. - Police are looking for Cleo Jones, 73, who believed he must search for missing 11-month-old Lisa Irwin because he was confused, according to his family.

KMOV reports that Jones was convinced Baby Lisa is his granddaughter, despite his daughter reassuring him that he is not the child's grandfather and has no relation to the missing Kansas City girl.

“It has been Wednesday since he has had his medication,” his niece Karen Spencer told the local news outlet. “He has Alzheimer's, he is diabetic and he also has high blood pressure. So, time is definitely of the essence.”

Jones was last seen leaving his home at about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday night and hasn't been heard from since.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back