LE wants to interview the parents separately

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wholeheartedly disagree. They don't have baby Lisa or her remains, we definitely need new questions, however that leads.

Perhaps LE has a new list of questions...since the parents won't agree, so far, to come in for interviews, how would they know?

When is this case to go in front of the Grand Jury??? My mind is boggled at this point!

The constitution backs me up too. People who committ crimes against their children need to be punished for their crimes.

Without question. Anyone who commits a crime should be brought to justice..with their rights intact.

If this family has anything to do with this baby being missing, I hope LE gets that evidence and brings them to justice. I can't imagine anyone not wanting that. it almost goes without saying.

Frustrating case :(

They arent making them go away, they are simply asking for some other interrogators. LE should drop the ego and question them with other detectives.

No they want to be interviewed with their attorney present. The second that LE asks a question they don't like, they'll leave. This is a joke and so is the Irwin family.:furious:

No they want to be interviewed with their attorney present. The second that LE asks a question they don't like, they'll leave. This is a joke and so is the Irwin family.:furious:

Exactly!!!

That was my speculation too, but we don't know what the conditions are that LE wants to impose in order to call it "unrestricted". My guess is like yours, that they're asking the Irwins to lay down their constitutional right to have counsel present, but I don't know that.

If this baby is not alive, I doubt that cause of death could be determined, even now, and certainly less and less chance as time passes. And she may be too small to ever be found. I'm afraid that nothing will happen in this case unless she is found; obviously no kidnapper will be arrested without finding Lisa, and it will be very difficult to pursue a case against the parents without finding her. Very soon, this could become one of those tragic cases with no answer, much like Baby Sabrina. No one knows what happened to her, except of course the perp(s) who could be her parents, or could be someone else altogether.

BBM.

And what's wrong with that? They have that right under the constitution, and frankly if LE can't make a case against them without over riding their constitutional rights, then there probably isn't much of a case to begin with.

If these people did something to their child, I would personally like to see them brought to justice for it. The last thing we want is a re-run of that other case I won't mention down in Florida.

A new detective for the questioning is a good idea anyway. Let's get 'er done.
I just think this bears repeating. If this is the only sticking point, then why won't they just put new investigators in to question? What can it hurt?

I think LE has done a great job looking for Lisa-We do not know what evidence they have and I applaud them for keeping it so close to the vest,they need to-because its the only way hopefully they are going to find Lisa-I can only say that-Not all LE are bad-Some of these PO have children themselves.They are not rookies-when it comes to solving crimes.I have a lot of faith in them that they know what they are doing!

I agree, they do seem to be doing all they can, as far as we know, to find out what happened to this baby. I too admire when LE keeps a case on the low from the public, its the best position to operate from, imo.

I am confused about the timing of some of their searches & actions, that have seemed a little delayed.

I'm not against LE using "tactics" with persons of interest. Whatever they have at their disposal, whatever legal tactics they can employ...by all means, go for it. Its what I expect of LE. I expect them to conduct a full and unbiased invesitigation with an open mind, following all leads, wherever those may lead them.

Why would LE arrest her for child endangerment when they have the evidence a dog hit on a deceased body? DB can be charged with murder + child endangerment because there were three children in her care.

LE wouldn't be saying they are refusing to cooperate if the parents had continued to cooperate. Can't blame LE for being truthful.

JMO

No... she can't. There is not enough evidence yet to charge her with murder, unless they have a whole lot more than we know about. It takes a little more than ONE hit from ONE dog, (which could be unreliable) and we don't even know whose deceased body was on that floor, it could have been from years ago.

Nothing to be gained at this point by asking new questions. The problem has always been the lies LE received as answers. I doubt new questions will result in truthful answers.

JMO

bbm - We do not KNOW if DB or JI lied to LE. No one does. LE has not said.

All we know is that they have made some changes in what they either SAID to media, or how the media interpreted what they said. For instance, no one can provide a link to DB saying that she checked on Lisa at 10:30. All I could find was where she responded "yeah" to a question that may or may not have been interpreted as she last saw the baby at 10:30.

If anyone has a link, I would like to see/hear it. But even if there is such a link, somewhere, it still doesn't prove whether she told LE the truth or not.

I've seen several documentaries of police interrogating the parents. Sometimes, the LE prefer to zero in on the parents first. There are different kinds of police interrogators. If it is in their hearts to lie, trick, manipulate these parents (or the other brothers), they can produce "suspicions." It seems to me that LE should put finding the baby alive, FIRST. If they never can find her, they can always go back in investigate the parents later. What I have seen in this case, they did not follow up on important leads that pointed to the baby being taken (the three witnesses who saw a man carrying a baby that early morning.) That should have been FIRST. They keep doing things that seem to "show" that they are investigating the parents. From what I have seen, I would be very afraid of LE if they seemed to zero in on me, because then they don't do all they can to find the baby. They fear having their boys frightened and threatened unless they say what LE wants to hear.

I agree that some of the tactics used in questioning witnesses are some times harsh. I agree with some of the posters here that say sometimes innocent people are wrongly accused. I agree with some of the posters that there are some "not so good" LE. Saying all that, we do not know the truth about the questioning of these parents. Were they badgered or just questioned? I would love to see the tapes. It is LE's job to question. Did they just expect that LE would just accept their story and not question? LE has not shared what they know. Not with us and not with the parents. Something they saw or found made them question the story right away. Obviously whatever clues they did or did not find could not lead them too away from this home or this neighborhood.
Bolded by me above: WE DO NOT KNOW THAT LE DID NOT FOLLOW UP WITH THIS CLAIM. We do not know that they feel this claim is unimportant. IF it were, this could be MAJOR important to their case and future prosecution. We do know that since they have followed up on tips and searches they have confiscated evidence. And they probably have much to talk to these parents about. Quite possibly they do have clues that lead them elsewhere but need info from the parents to follow them up. Maybe LE knows something now that could trigger memories in them. They are making a big mistake IMO by staying away.

Nothing to be gained at this point by asking new questions. The problem has always been the lies LE received as answers. I doubt new questions will result in truthful answers.

JMO

Even if they lie to every question asked, it could have meaning to prosecutors later on if it comes down to that.

If this baby is not alive, I doubt that cause of death could be determined, even now, and certainly less and less chance as time passes. And she may be too small to ever be found. I'm afraid that nothing will happen in this case unless she is found; obviously no kidnapper will be arrested without finding Lisa, and it will be very difficult to pursue a case against the parents without finding her. Very soon, this could become one of those tragic cases with no answer, much like Baby Sabrina. No one knows what happened to her, except of course the perp(s) who could be her parents, or could be someone else altogether.

I agree that if she's dead, that's true. It's unlikely this will be solved.

If she's alive, though, and being cared for, this is just the very beginning of the window when people will be courageous enough, or know enough, to come forward. Groups of people will get together, get to drinking, and someone might say "ya'll are going to think I'm nuts but I swear I think my cousin has baby Lisa". This is just the very beginning of the time window for that to happen, and that time window - for someone who has a hunch - could stretch out for years.

I hope LE doesn't agree to these unreasonable demands. moo

Unreasonable to exercise your right to an attorney, guaranteed in the constitution? I wouldn't call insisting on my miranda rights unreasonable.

And I hate to be a flag draper, but people have died for that right.

Even if they lie to every question asked, it could have meaning to prosecutors later on if it comes down to that.

I think prosecutors are now calling the shots on this case. If they think it will be helpful to their case they'll do it. Lies can be used against the defense.

JMO

I hope LE doesn't agree to these unreasonable demands. moo

I think they're gonna have to if they need to re-interview the parents. And I don't see how its unreasonable to ask for new detectives to take a look at the case anyway, IMO that's a constructive suggestion from both the parents point of view, and the LE point of view.

BBM.

And what's wrong with that? They have that right under the constitution, and frankly if LE can't make a case against them without over riding their constitutional rights, then there probably isn't much of a case to begin with.

If these people did something to their child, I would personally like to see them brought to justice for it. The last thing we want is a re-run of that other case I won't mention down in Florida.

In my opinion!! If your child is missing and you have done nothing to help other than sit on your hands, and you have not talked to LE in nearly 3 weeks and need an attorney present for questioning.... then you're responsible for the child missing!!! Pretty black and white to me. Don't bother me with anymore of your constitutional right crap either, no one is listening. This case is common sense... too many people over analyzing this. IMO!:furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back