LE wants to interview the parents separately

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've seen several documentaries of police interrogating the parents. Sometimes, the LE prefer to zero in on the parents first. There are different kinds of police interrogators. If it is in their hearts to lie, trick, manipulate these parents (or the other brothers), they can produce "suspicions." It seems to me that LE should put finding the baby alive, FIRST. If they never can find her, they can always go back in investigate the parents later. What I have seen in this case, they did not follow up on important leads that pointed to the baby being taken (the three witnesses who saw a man carrying a baby that early morning.) That should have been FIRST. They keep doing things that seem to "show" that they are investigating the parents. From what I have seen, I would be very afraid of LE if they seemed to zero in on me, because then they don't do all they can to find the baby. They fear having their boys frightened and threatened unless they say what LE wants to hear.

I am absolutely POSITIVE the new detectives will be briefed on what she said before and can follow up.

I am absolutely positive LE is not interested in assigning new dectectives to a case that is only three weeks old.

JMO

It seems to me that some of us just don't see how railroading the parents is going to do Lisa any good.

You of course have a right to your opinion, however, I disagree with you. I don't see where these parents are being "railroaded" at all. The tiniest bit of info could open this case wide open. This information could seem to be not important or relevant to the parents but could mean everything in finding Lisa. The parents haven't had any problem at all with putting their mugs on every talk show they can so why are they so hesitant at giving LE whatever they need in this investigation? LE doesn't pay for interviews, so I guess cooperating with LE isn't very profitable to them. The parents seem to be more aggravated that LE took the computers which prevents them from publishing more photos of Lisa and probably prohibits them from making even more money from "licensing fees" than they could make otherwise. I do not see where putting their faces on national TV shows help in anyway to find baby Lisa. However, I can see where cooperating with LE might help find Lisa.

Short video just released of the couple entering the home they are staying at. Most notable to me is the DISTANCE between them approaching the house.

http://www.twitvid.com/32VCJ

They have only begun to hold hands when they know the cameras are on them. Before their attorney, they could hardly look at each other during interviews.

Guess they didn't know they were on TV.

There's an 11-month-old baby missing. Question every family member. Then, question them again. What's the problem?

just my O

I am absolutely positive LE is not interested in assigning new dectectives to a case that is only three weeks old.

JMO

Well I guess they're stuck at an impasse. Meanwhile, IMHO only, that baby is growing a little older each day and changing a little bit to make her more and more unrecognizable from her photos. Tick tock tick tock

I've seen several documentaries of police interrogating the parents. Sometimes, the LE prefer to zero in on the parents first. There are different kinds of police interrogators. If it is in their hearts to lie, trick, manipulate these parents (or the other brothers), they can produce "suspicions." It seems to me that LE should put finding the baby alive, FIRST. If they never can find her, they can always go back in investigate the parents later. What I have seen in this case, they did not follow up on important leads that pointed to the baby being taken (the three witnesses who saw a man carrying a baby that early morning.) That should have been FIRST. They keep doing things that seem to "show" that they are investigating the parents. From what I have seen, I would be very afraid of LE if they seemed to zero in on me, because then they don't do all they can to find the baby. They fear having their boys frightened and threatened unless they say what LE wants to hear.

The couple came forward the morning Lisa disappeared but as for the third witness, he didn't report his sighting for a week so IMO LE can't be blamed for not dealing with his report the first thing.

Could be,, or could be she really was drunk and has no idea wth happened (which I am NOT defending). Seems like LE could arrest her for child endangerment at the least and question her in her cell. But they shouldnt be running around the TV stations saying they are refusing to cooperate.
IMO LE is on an ego trip and thats not helping find Lisa either.

Why would LE arrest her for child endangerment when they have the evidence a dog hit on a deceased body? DB can be charged with murder + child endangerment because there were three children in her care.

LE wouldn't be saying they are refusing to cooperate if the parents had continued to cooperate. Can't blame LE for being truthful.

JMO

I am absolutely POSITIVE the new detectives will be briefed on what she said before and can follow up.

They sure as heck better be......
She can't have a second chance to make all of her mistakes right and neither can he.......

During the first hour of questioning her, so that would have been around noon.

And they certainly didn't find evidence that there was NOT an intruder, because they certainly put on the dog to find one.

Personally, I don't think they had any idea at that point in the interrogation what had happened. I think they (cruelly) decided to lead with trying to break her in case she was the culprit. I don't think they had anything - at all - to back that up, just ruling it out.

She HAS been honest, and open to the media, and I think she would have said "they found ______ that they thought I did" if that's the way it went.

I think they need a new interview, with new cops who don't do that but rather seek any clues without just making cruel statements with no evidence.

JMHO.

Well first we're assuming this is true. Considering this information came from DB via JT, I'm not so sure that it is fact. But assuming it is...

LE had just spent 8 hours at the residence. And yes there would have been plenty of informal questioning during that time. DB herself claims that she was very drunk 5 hours earlier than the 911 call. We have no idea what the situation was like when LE arrived. DB and JI were unable to keep information straight during their media interviews. There were inconsistent with each other in their stories. I can't even imagine what was going on during the informal questioning at the house prior to bringing them in to the station.

They had what was likely a very groggy and possibly still drunk mother (if that part is actually true) who was giving them information that we know now was inaccurate because she has changed it a few times just in the media and possibly a father who just stared at the ground and followed his wife's lead when answering questions.

I think after 8 hours of that, when they got to the station, LE might have been a little suspicious of things not adding up.

MOO

I've got no problem with the new detective request, although I realize this is just an attempt to control the process by the defense. Not to sound harsh, but the earlier detective failed to get the confession. A new one (and frankly I hope they bring in their best - someone who can establish rapport and has successfully gotten confessions in the past) is a good idea anyway.

:twocents:

Well said. I don't see how having someone new asking the questions would harm LE's investigation.

Well I guess they're stuck at an impasse. Meanwhile, IMHO only, that baby is growing a little older each day and changing a little bit to make her more and more unrecognizable from her photos. Tick tock tick tock

LE isn't stuck at an impasse. LE continues to search for the child. The baby may never be found but a prosecutor can certainly move ahead without her body.

JMO

Well first we're assuming this is true. Considering this information came from DB via JT, I'm not so sure that it is fact. But assuming it is...

LE had just spent 8 hours at the residence. And yes there would have been plenty of informal questioning during that time. DB herself claims that she was very drunk 5 hours earlier than the 911 call. We have no idea what the situation was like when LE arrived. DB and JI were unable to keep information straight during their media interviews. There were inconsistent with each other in their stories. I can't even imagine what was going on during the informal questioning at the house prior to bringing them in to the station.

They had what was likely a very groggy and possibly still drunk mother (if that part is actually true) who was giving them information that we know now was inaccurate because she has changed it a few times just in the media and possibly a father who just stared at the ground and followed his wife's lead when answering questions.

I think after 8 hours of that, when they got to the station, LE might have been a little suspicious of things not adding up.

MOO

I agree with what you say, but at this time, they were still focused on the window as the entry and still reacting in a way that indicated they were totally open to an abduction having occurred. There was a full force effort, searching nearby houses room by room - DNA testing the neighbor boy, etc. I don't think, at the time of that aggressive interrogation they were convinced of anything at all.

I do wonder, really, what the police chief thinks of the general timeline of the topics in the parent interviews. The little I know about effective interrogations, you don't LEAD with an accusation. You lead with getting lots and lots of details so you can compare what is being said from each parent, and try to find details that don't match or that indicate a rehearsed script. I really do wonder what the Chief's opinion of that questioning is.

I think we've all seen these investigations stop on a dime if they have reason to believe the parents are guilty. Suddenly, all the cops are pulled back and there is a statement "for the time being, the investigation is going in a different direction and we are following up on leads but will not be searching in the near future". They certainly didn't do that here.

All LE are not perfect people. some are just as corrupt as the criminals.
Seems SY has his mind made up ..I dont think I would meet with him either.

They don't meet with him. He's just a media spokesperson for this case.

MOO

Well said. I don't see how having someone new asking the questions would harm LE's investigation.

Nothing to be gained at this point by asking new questions. The problem has always been the lies LE received as answers. I doubt new questions will result in truthful answers.

JMO

Exactly. If it was my baby that was out there I don't think I would be so eager to stall the investigation.

Nothing to be gained at this point by asking new questions. The problem has always been the lies LE received as answers. I doubt new questions will result in truthful answers.

JMO

If that's the case, then what exactly is the point in re-interviewing them?

Let's see>>>>>>>> 11 hours of parents interview plus 6 hours of parent interviews = 17 hours.

LISA'S BEEN MISSING 21 DAYS
21 days =504 HOURS BABY LISA HAS BEEN MISSING

do the math:furious:

these parents should be ashamed:furious:

Powerful. :seeya:

JMO

I wholeheartedly disagree. They don't have baby Lisa or her remains, we definitely need new questions, however that leads.

JMO

I'm guessing that maybe the lab work is back from the recent evidence collected. They removed many items from their home and the neighbor's home. There could be new questions?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macattack
Back