LE wants to interview the parents separately

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't understand why it would be a problem, if both parents have nothing to hide and are willing to do anything to find Lisa they should be beating down the doors of the police station asking to be interviewed.

I would want the police to be absolutely sure I wasn't involved in order to get them to focus on an intruder, NOTHING would be too much for me to do to that end.

I agree with you, especially if thats how it would go.

You want the police to know you weren't involved. They've already accused you of being involved. You've already denied it repeatedly. How will you prove a negative through the questioning? Just by repeatedly answering the same accusations with your denials? I suppose one could do that, sure.

1700 hours of questions, they're apparently willing to do. Not 1700 hours of lies and false accusations and pretenses that they have evidence they don't have.

They're obviously VERY willing to answer tough questions - do you doubt your spouse, were you blacked out, how much do you drink, how often, do you do drugs besides anxiety meds, etc.

Tough questions are expected. Mind games and bullying - when from their perspective it goes no where because they are innocent - is not necessary.

That is what an interrogation is.. If you have never been questioned by the police or interrogated before you wouldnt know. You answer the questions if you are innocent, not if you are guilty. If you are guilty you try and get out of it just like DB and JI are doing and 1700 hours is in MOO the amount of time they should have spent with the police, its 17 hours.. Which is nothing.

Balls in their court, they have a lawyer, they supposedly want to find their baby, might clear the air between LE & them also. To not sit down seperately and answer more questions, that would be very telling to me of something to hide.

I would love one day to see the video of this hard accusatory questioning DB claims she was subjected to. Oh, to be a fly on the wall if they do sit down with LE again...

We don't know what conditions Short has requested, that make it a "restricted" interview in LE's view.

I would bet - honestly - all they've asked for is the presence of an attorney. And if LE isn't willing to do that, they're not wanting to ask clarifying questions.

My question is if LE hasn't questioned them separately before its a little late now. I always thought that they did separate interviews as soon as possibly so people couldn't try to get their "stories" straight. 3 weeks after baby Lisa's disappearance seems a little late to me. JMO.

That's not a question...it's a statement. ;)

Yes, before the timeline began to change.

I am just astonished that any parents would not want to work as closely with LE as possible and instead be thinking about themselves. It is beyond my comprehension.
JMO

Yes, the shifting timeline and Mom going with the drunk and can't remember stuff excuse.

Time for media and lawyrs but not LE. It's a shame. moo

No they havent answered specific questions, I will take LE's word for this. If you are innocent, you have no problem doing this. And I believe someone had added up the time they spent with LE answering questions and LAST WEEK that averaged out to be less than an hour a day. Now its a shorter amount of time. There is no excuse for that behavior and they want special and different LE brought in for this. You dont get a choice in the matter. The FBI should be grilling them in separate rooms. Just like they do on TV.. Put one against the other so one of them talks. I have no issue with this at all. One of them will talk. They need to get them apart and as far as I know this hasnt been done yet. Its been BOTH parents. Not just one at a time. They need separate lawyers for this. Thats also how you can tell this hasnt been done because one lawyer cannot do both clients questioned separately. Conflict of interest.

I honestly do not get your observation about what the interview times 'average out' to be. It doesn't matter if it adds up to less than an hour a day, if the original interview continued for hour upon hour.....especially if the interview was hostile to begin with. These parents stuck in there for a very lengthy time, and when they had the nerve to ask for a break, LE reported that they "had quit cooperating." That just upped the hostility, in my mind, and I'll bet it didn't do much to make the parents believe the LE agents were truly trying to explore all the avenues.

Has there been any mention of the first wife of Jeremy Irwin????
and is there any link to extended family members who may have issues???

also -
I find it physically impossible
for a man to walk down the street for more than even one mile
without being seen by dozens of people passing by...
I go to work at 4 am
I see dozens of cars - even on backroads...
where are the rest of the witnesses???
this is ludicrous...

I really wish that LE would stop running to the media with its complaints about the parents' level of participation and/or what LE wants from them. They have an attorney - go tell the attorney what you want from DB and JI. Not the media. Because LE makes a statement, and then the attorneys feels the need to counter it, and then LE replies, and we're stuck on this carousel of "uh-uh!" and "nuh-uh!" that does nothing to help find Lisa.

I am sure that LE is probably doing a great job with the investigation, and that is why they are wanting to speak to the parents more. However, I feel that the media aspect of this case isn't as well-controlled.

IMHO the only mind games being played is by the family refusing to sit down with detectives who have earnest questions ONLY the people IN THAT HOUSE can answer.

This is blatant stalling. Sad, sad, sad. I feel so sorry for poor Baby Lisa.

LE will get the answers eventually, without any help from the poor grieving family who is afraid to answer the tough questions. What a utter shame.

I realize that not many people on this forum empathize with them, but the community at large appears to, as shown in the candle light vigil.

And I think it's a credit to the lawyer in their community, who is keeping it real.

The candlelight vigil was held for Lisa, not for her parents. Everyone, of course, is desperate for Lisa to be found. Very few, except some in the media and the parents' attorneys, support the behavior the parents have displayed before or after Lisa's disappearance.

The way that the attorneys are so obviously trying to manipulate the jury pool into believing that the people working hard to find this child are the bad guys, while the ones doing nothing are the good guys is typical. It may work, too. It has before.

1700 hours of questions, they're apparently willing to do. Not 1700 hours of lies and false accusations and pretenses that they have evidence they don't have.

They're obviously VERY willing to answer tough questions - do you doubt your spouse, were you blacked out, how much do you drink, how often, do you do drugs besides anxiety meds, etc.

Tough questions are expected. Mind games and bullying - when from their perspective it goes no where because they are innocent - is not necessary.

Respectfully...the lies came from DB's own mouth. We saw it all...she has changed her story so many times. She is by far the Queen of mind games here. Shame on LE for wanting to bring that little child home! Why not just push it all under the rug like DB wants and get on with our lives? :banghead:

My question is if LE hasn't questioned them separately before its a little late now. I always thought that they did separate interviews as soon as possibly so people couldn't try to get their "stories" straight. 3 weeks after baby Lisa's disappearance seems a little late to me. JMO.

Ranch, they have been questioned separately, extensively, with no attorney present and they didn't ask for one.

I think it's time now for LE to stop acting like they haven't, and admit what it is they want - to make another attempt to trick them into changing their stories.

Perhaps they did talk to them first, separately, but then it became known that the baby had not been seen since about 6:40PM, rather than 10:30PM. Or perhaps they refused from the start. In any case, it can never be too late to talk with LE as long as this remains unresolved and Lisa is still missing.

Has there been any mention of the first wife of Jeremy Irwin????
and is there any link to extended family members who may have issues???

also -
I find it physically impossible
for a man to walk down the street for more than even one mile
without being seen by dozens of people passing by...
I go to work at 4 am
I see dozens of cars - even on backroads...
where are the rest of the witnesses???
this is ludicrous...

That is what an interrogation is.. If you have never been questioned by the police or interrogated before you wouldnt know. You answer the questions if you are innocent, not if you are guilty. If you are guilty you try and get out of it just like DB and JI are doing and 1700 hours is in MOO the amount of time they should have spent with the police, its 17 hours.. Which is nothing.

Shoot! 17 hours seems like nothing for a missing baby. Ive been interrogated before over a suicide and it was long and exhausting. Just fricken tell them what u know. They havent talked to police in sometime. moo!!! Quite telling!!!

I would agree with you, if I didn't live in the great state of Texas where we have droves of innocent people being let off death row by the Innocence Project who blindly had faith in LE and were tricked and ended up convicted even though they were innocent.

It does happen, and they have other children they have to raise. They can't afford to go to prison for a crime they didn't commit and leave their children orphaned.

Yeah the innocence project that was started by Barry Scheck who got OJ off. I am zipping it now..

We don't know what conditions Short has requested, that make it a "restricted" interview in LE's view.

I would bet - honestly - all they've asked for is the presence of an attorney. And if LE isn't willing to do that, they're not wanting to ask clarifying questions.

I'll take that bet. All in.

Ranch, they have been questioned separately, extensively, with no attorney present and they didn't ask for one.

I think it's time now for LE to stop acting like they haven't, and admit what it is they want - to make another attempt to trick them into changing their stories.

Link, please?

Oh, is that what it is?
What trick did they use to get her to admit that she hadn't actually seen the baby at 10:30PM? Do you think she is lying about that now, that she really did see Lisa at 10:30PM, but was "tricked" into saying that she didn't? I just don't understand this animosity toward LE when it is the parents who won't allow themselves to be interviewed anymore. Obviously 17 hours was not enough, if the truth did not all come out during that time.
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back