LE wants to interview the parents separately

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's very sad that these parents are more concerned with protecting themselves than finding their 10 month old missing baby. And extremely telling. moo Who does this??

Oh, and why not allow the children to be interviewed again?

And yeah, I know the parents have been interviewed.

Those two goals don't have to be mutually exclusive. They can protect themselves and also be concerned with finding their daughter.

Ranch, they have been questioned separately, extensively, with no attorney present and they didn't ask for one.

I think it's time now for LE to stop acting like they haven't, and admit what it is they want - to make another attempt to trick them into changing their stories.

Do you have a link to that, that they have been questioned separately, answered all questions and with no atty present. A link from LE about that ? I am curious to see it.

I would be looked at as guilty then because there is no way that I would allow LE to interegate me yet again without my lawyer present. I can only look at this as how I would react and how I would feel. To me, it is as if LE is focusing so much on the parents (mom more so than dad) that they are neglecting to look at other options or possibilities. I would not allow them to badger me and accuse me of killing my child repeatedly for however many hours they wanted to instead of actually doing police work and looking for the person that took my child.

LE wants to talk to them again? Fine, but be prepared to have the lawyer present and ready to stop the interview at the first sign of trying to pin it on the parents.

MOO

I keep flashing back to the Jonbenet case...... Anyone else?

Ranch, they have been questioned separately, extensively, with no attorney present and they didn't ask for one.

I think it's time now for LE to stop acting like they haven't, and admit what it is they want - to make another attempt to trick them into changing their stories.

BBM

LE didn't trick anyone into changing their stories. DB did that all on her own.

Sorry bad form. What do you think though?

(Just teasing ya, Ranch.)

I honestly don't know. My feeling from what I've read is that the parents might have been separated when the walkout occurred. I can try to find a link where DB and JI talk about this "walkout" that occurred when they were being questioned, and let you see it so that you can tell me what YOU think. But, honestly, I don't know.

I agree with you, especially if thats how it would go.

You want the police to know you weren't involved. They've already accused you of being involved. You've already denied it repeatedly. How will you prove a negative through the questioning? Just by repeatedly answering the same accusations with your denials? I suppose one could do that, sure.

If that's what it took, yes absolutely, I would expect to be grilled unmercifully, especially if I had already messed up my timeline and omitted a few pertinent points. I would be there 24/7 without the need to whine and bemoan the reason wouldn't you?

I would agree with you, if I didn't live in the great state of Texas where we have droves of innocent people being let off death row by the Innocence Project who blindly had faith in LE and were tricked and ended up convicted even though they were innocent.

It does happen, and they have other children they have to raise. They can't afford to go to prison for a crime they didn't commit and leave their children orphaned.

so because of this hatred for LE they're willing to let Lisa go unfound. They're willing to give media interviews but not LE interviews?

a child is missing, their child. they've lied, lied, and lied some more, that shows me they really don't care about Lisa, it's all about themselves.

I'm sure some of the evidence from the home has been processed now. I can see a re-interview as being the next logical step. With a lawyer present, and the interview recorded with both audio and video to make sure everything is on the up-and-up and is being done per procedure.

I can't see why Lisa's parents would object to that.

MOO and all other disclaimers....

Do you have a link to that, that they have been questioned separately, answered all questions and with no atty present. A link from LE about that ? I am curious to see it.

LE doesn't answer questions, except to say that one day (the 8th I think) that they've stopped cooperating.

All I have to go on is what Jeremy and Deborah say, and LE doesn't contradict it, that they told Lisa she failed her LDT, Jeremy at that point asked to take a break after 17 HOURS of questioning, and they turned right around and said they've stopped cooperating. LE was later forced to recharacterize that statement, when it came out that yes, they were still cooperating and were answering questions by phone. Then LE said that was true, they wanted "unrestricted" access.

Which they had already, when they were considered to be "cooperating" obviously.

They already did, for 17+ hours.

Could there really be questions of that nature - who was there in the house that day, etc., that they haven't already answered? In separate rooms, for hours and hours?

WOW! i think if my baby were missing, I'd be at that police station all day, everyday, answering every question they asked.....even if it had nothing to do with my baby missing. Just sayin...

We don't know what conditions Short has requested, that make it a "restricted" interview in LE's view.

I would bet - honestly - all they've asked for is the presence of an attorney
. And if LE isn't willing to do that, they're not wanting to ask clarifying questions.

But we do know and you and I have discussed this before.......

From a closed thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannaT
They have sat for an interview with LE, and are still taking calls and answering questions, as stated by LE.

They have not agreed to an "unrestricted" interview, and I'm quite positive they didn't agree to that with People mag either - I don't think they would have sat there for hours of being told they're liars and murderers.

~alwaysonmymind~
BBM
Not according to the attorney Cyndy Short.....

~snip~

Short says it's true that the police and her clients cannot agree on the conditions for another discussion or interrogation.

"We were offering conditions under which we would sit down again and the conditions that they wanted and the conditions that we want right now haven't meshed," Short said.

Koppelman asked Short if she could identify the conditions in which Bradley and Irwin would talk to police again.

"There's some detectives that really have a broken trust, and so it's going to be counter-productive to try to sit down with those detectives again," Short explained. "So it would be better to bring in some detectives who are fresh-eyed, fresh-eared, to listen to the parents. And the parents, I think, would feel more comfortable and less afraid."http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-will...0,355334.story

Seriously??? Hogwash, I say.

I've seen this behavior before...... when the parent/parents are involved.

She said: The parents want to feel comfortable and less afraid. This is why they won't cooperate. Seriously??????

:waitasec:

DB and JI do NOT want to be interviewed separately ... so WHAT ARE THEY AFRAID OF ?

I think DB is afraid that maybe JI may "turn" on her ... OR ...

I think JI is afraid that maybe DB may "turn" on him ...

DB and JI's "stories and timelines" have constantly changed ...

But the TRUTH SHOULD NEVER CHANGE ...

IMO ... they BOTH have "something to hide" ...

MOO MOO and MOO !

I thought the search at the house lasted 17 hours.

And that their last interview with the police didn't last very long. And that the ones before that was pretty lacking in necessary information. Moo.

I really wish that LE would stop running to the media with its complaints about the parents' level of participation and/or what LE wants from them. They have an attorney - go tell the attorney what you want from DB and JI. Not the media. Because LE makes a statement, and then the attorneys feels the need to counter it, and then LE replies, and we're stuck on this carousel of "uh-uh!" and "nuh-uh!" that does nothing to help find Lisa.

I am sure that LE is probably doing a great job with the investigation, and that is why they are wanting to speak to the parents more. However, I feel that the media aspect of this case isn't as well-controlled.

LE has hardly gone running to the media, that's what the parents have done and what their attys are doing. After all the lies the parents have put out it's good to know LE isn't fooled or cowed by bully attys more concerned with press appts than a missing baby.

Well maybe they are convinced their attorneys can find Lisa and the police are not needed for anything.

Honestly, rights are all well and good and it is a relief we have them, but I just don't understand how people even think of their own rights if their child is gone, maybe in danger, maybe deceased, maybe being kept by a pervert...only LE seems concerned about Lisa's rights as a person. JMO

I realize that not many people on this forum empathize with them, but the community at large appears to, as shown in the candle light vigil.

And I think it's a credit to the lawyer in their community, who is keeping it real.

the vigil was for a missing baby not for the parents refusing to help LE locate her.

That is what an interrogation is.. If you have never been questioned by the police or interrogated before you wouldnt know. You answer the questions if you are innocent, not if you are guilty. If you are guilty you try and get out of it just like DB and JI are doing and 1700 hours is in MOO the amount of time they should have spent with the police, its 17 hours.. Which is nothing.

Yeah the innocence project that was started by Barry Scheck who got OJ off. I am zipping it now..

In response to your first quoted post: A person's refusal to continue with a hostile interrogation does not necessarily mean that person is guilty of anything. It could mean the person is tired, or that they've suddenly seen the light and realize they need an attorney to help balance the scales. Once an interview has evolved into a hostile interrogation, a person has the right to ask for an attorney, and it is really sad that so many see this as a sign of guilt.

In response to your second post: I really don't care WHO started the Innocence Project. I do care how many innocent people have been released from prison after decades, even released from death row. These are people who were INNOCENT of the crime they were convicted of. And they've lost years of their lives.

I am all for the prosecution of the guilty. But I am equally for the rights that allow USA citizens to defend themselves against unjust prosecution.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston
Back